Moldova International Moving Service
International moving is the process of transferring your goods from one country to another. If you are contemplating relocating to Moldova, consider working with a firm that offers international moving services. A-1 Auto Transport offers this service to individuals and businesses alike. If you would like to ship a car to Moldova, we will take care of all the logistics and let you have an easy ride.
Moving to Moldova Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Tiraspol||$3,300- $5,700||$6,300- $10,400||3-6 weeks|
|Miami to Chisinau||$3,500- $5,800||$6,400- $10,700||3-6 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Tiraspol||$3,500- $5,800||$6,400- $10,700||3-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Chisinau||$4,000- $6,600||$7,300- $12,100||3-6 weeks|
|San Jose to Chisinau||$4,100- $7,000||$7,900- $12,900||5-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Chisinau||$4,200- $7,100||$7,900- $12,900||3-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Chisinau||$4,500- $7,300||$8,100- $13,400||3-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Tiraspol||$4,600- $7,600||$8,600- $14,200||5-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Chisinau||$4,900- $8,100||$9,000- $14,900||5-8 weeks|
|Denver to Chisinau||$6,200- $10,300||$11,300- $18,700||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties when importing household belongings
You’re allowed to bring used household items into Moldova without paying duty, if you purchased them at least six months ago. You’re also required to have personally used them during this time, and to have resided outside of the country for a minimum of the last 12 months.
Failure to take all duty-exempted items with you upon leaving Moldova, will result in a VAT of roughly 20% being charged. You’re also not permitted to sell, lend out to others or get rid of these goods while in the country. Finally, in order to be eligible for duty exemption, your shipment must enter port no later than six months after you move to Moldova (1).
Documents when importing household belongings
You must submit the documents that customs requires to process your shipment. This includes a pro-forma invoice, a valid passport and a comprehensive inventory. If you’re relocating to Moldova permanently, then you’ll need to show your Moldovan Resident Permit. If your stay will be more temporary in nature, then customs will ask to see your Temporary Resident Permit and/or Work Permit.
Shipments being brought in temporarily also require a Letter of Employment in the packet of documentation you provide (2). A separate packing list and a Power of Attorney should also be submitted. Finally, you must have the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment (3).
Duties when importing vehicles
If you wish to avoid paying duties when bringing your vehicle into Moldova, then you should opt for temporary importation. This allows you to keep the vehicle in the country for up to one year - though this term can be renewed for another year. There seems to be no limit set on renewals, though it appears you must have a valid Resident Permit to continue doing so. This process is not to be taken lightly, as failure to renew your temporary import permission, will result in your file being forwarded to the smuggling department of customs (4).
Keep in mind that while duty is waived for temporary vehicle imports, a small fee of roughly 95 Euros is still charged. In addition, you aren’t permitted to import vehicles manufactured more than 10 years ago (though some sources say only 7 years). If you choose to import your vehicle permanently instead, then duty exemption won’t be available (5). The exact rate you’ll pay is based upon the specifics for your vehicle - such as its value, the size of its engine, the model and year it was made (6).
Documents when importing vehicles
Customs must receive the vehicle’s title and registration, which were issued in the origin country. The Original Bill of Lading for the shipment should be submitted as well (7). You’ll also need the purchase receipt, your driver’s license and proof of insurance coverage (which is valid internationally) (8). The import policies, filing requirements and fees enforced by customs are subject to change. There are also additional regulations not covered above. Therefore, you’re strongly encouraged to discuss the details of your shipments with customs, before shipping your goods to Moldova.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Moving overseas is often perceived as such a hassle but it can be stress-free, especially when you choose a moving company that does its job well. Overall, preparation is important as this enables you to have a great experience and easy time relocating.
You need to prepare your goods in a way that makes packing and unpacking easy. You also need to prepare the required paperwork so as to enable easy processing. Liaise with the moving company and let them know the important details related to your move and the handling of your goods.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
When doing something you are not entirely familiar with, it is best to seek the services of qualified professionals. This also applies when relocating overseas. Hiring a professional moving company enables you to have an easier relocation experience since they tackle all the details from start to finish.
How to find the best international moving company
Online searches usually bring-up a number of international moving companies, with almost all of them saying they are the best in the industry. So, how do you narrow down this search to get the best available Moldova International Moving Services? Consider the following factors: Do they possess the required certifications? What are their ratings? Are they familiar with the rules related to shipping to your destination? Are they insured? Does the cost they charge match the benefits you expect to enjoy? Do not be afraid to request for quotes from moving companies that you are considering hiring.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moldova International Moving Services offers:
- Packing/unpacking: We assist you in making the move as stress-free as possible.
- Commercial moving: If your business is relocating, it is our business to help you set up shop in Moldova.
- Office moves: We know how essential time and money is for your business so we make this process go as fast as possible.
- Apartment moves: We assist you in moving to your new home in a stress-free transition.
- Planning and preparation: We value your time and this is why we help you plan and prepare for an easy move.
- Visa and immigration services: We guide you through the whole process of applying for your visa to Moldova.
- Housing assistance: Are you moving from your home to a home-away-from-home? We are here to help you move your household goods and valuables effortlessly.
- Family services: New beginnings are great for families and the service you should get while moving together should be great as well!
- Auto transport services: Although there is no means of shipping your car directly to Moldova, we can overcome this challenge. Understandably, shipping costs are higher due to this, but we offer reasonable rates and still guarantee you with a safe delivery.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
While searching for the best mover, you have probably been bombarded with a lot of information, leaving you spoilt for choice. You however, need to make a decision and A-1 Auto Transport is the best moving company to work with. Here’s why: We are one of the biggest, experienced players in the auto-shipping industry and our staff comprises of professionals who are capable of giving you the service you deserve. Also, we offer our services at the most competitive rates.
We know that customers appreciate convenience and that is why we are strategically located and have storage facilities in cities across the US and overseas. Our Moldova International Moving Services also offer you with the utmost convenience, making the move easier. Other clients have enjoyed our services and this can be seen in our good ratings and success stories. Partner with us and enjoy the same standard of service.
Please fill-in the form at the top of the page. We also invite you to contact us in case you need to make inquiries or some advice on the available Moldova International Moving Services. Do not hesitate to give us a call on 888-509-3213 or get in touch using the contact details included here. Get in touch soon and we will get you moving in no time.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Moldova” page. (2) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3583 (3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Moldova” page. (4) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3583 (5) -Asserts that 10 years is the cutoff age for vehicle imports: http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3583 -Disagrees, stating that 7 years is the maximum age allowed for vehicle imports: Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Moldova” page. (6) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Moldova” page. (7) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3583 (8) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Moldova” page.