- Melanesia International Moving Services
- Moving To Melanesia Cost & Time Examples
- Duties You’ll Face When Importing Household Items
- Duties You’ll Face When Importing A Vehicle
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Melanesia International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get In Touch!
Melanesia International Moving Services
International moving is the process in which an individual or company transfers their goods from one country to another. International moving services are best provided by reputable and licensed moving firms since this guarantees you that your goods will be transported safely. Shipping your car or valuables should be stress-free and this will only be achieved if you rely on the services of a professional moving company.
Moving to Melanesia Cost & Time Examples
|Seattle to Melanesia||$4,500- $6,100||$8,400- $11,400||5-7 weeks|
|LA to Melanesia||$4,600- $6,300||$8,400- $11,400||5-7 weeks|
|Portland to Fiji||$4,900- $6,500||$9,000- $12,000||5-7 weeks|
|NY to Melanesia||$5,000- $6,800||$9,300- $12,500||6-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Fiji||$5,100- $7,000||$9,500- $12,800||5-7 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Fiji||$5,200- $7,200||$9,800- $13,300||6-8 weeks|
|Charlotte to Fiji||$5,400- $7,400||$10,100- $13,600||6-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Melanesia||$5,500- $7,500||$10,200- $13,800||6-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Melanesia||$5,900- $7,900||$10,700- $14,600||6-8 weeks|
|Denver to Melanesia||$6,900- $9,300||$12,400- $16,800||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties you’ll face when importing household items
There isn’t a straightforward answer, when asking about the import duties charged to bring household goods into Melanesia. This is due to the fact that Melanesia isn’t a single country or even a territory owned by a single country. Instead, it’s a region within Oceania that includes four separate nations - the Solomon Islands, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and Vanuatu. In addition, Melanesia contains a region that belongs to Indonesia (Western New Guinea) and a territory that is owned by France (New Caledonia) (1).
Therefore, when searching out information about the import duties for personal household belongings - you must refer to the country or territory to which you are moving within Melanesia. Use the links provided above, as these will point you towards either further details about import policies or the contact information for the customs department in question.
Duties you’ll face when importing a vehicle
Again, the regulations of the specific country or territory within Melanesia where you plan to import your vehicle, will determine the exact duties you’ll pay. You’ll need to contact Fiji Revenue and Customs Service, Papua New Guinea Customs, Solomon Islands Customs and Excise Division or Vanuatu Customs and Inland Revenue Department.
If you’ll be shipping a vehicle to New Caledonia, then France’s import duty policy will likely apply - though there may be differences. Contact the
French Customs Service to learn more, or refer to this informative brochure specifically created for travelers to New Caledonia (Nouvelle-Calédonie). Finally, if your vehicle’s destination is Western New Guinea, then contact the Indonesian Directorate General of Customs and Excise for further information.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Moving overseas involves numerous procedures and preparations. You may however, have a hassle-free experience if you plan and prepare well. The following tips will enable you to make your international move easier:
- Plan and prepare well: Know the delivery times so as to avoid last minute rush and also prepare your valuables as well as the required documents in a presentable manner.
- Get informed: All necessary information can be found from embassies of the following countries: Vanuatu, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands, as well as from the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) and other relevant authorities.
- Liaise with the moving company and communicate all information relevant to your relocation to them. Select the delivery option that will best suit your needs to enable easy transportation to your destination.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating overseas may be something new to you so you will need to be guided by someone who is familiar with shipping to your destination country. A professional moving company will be one that offers you reliable services as well as advice and guidance through the whole process from start to finish. When seeking Melanesia International Moving Services, work with a firm that is familiar with the rules that govern shipping to that destination and that can advise you accordingly.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
While your search may reveal that there are a number of international moving companies, you need to narrow down to those that offer exemplary and reliable services. Their expertise may be indicated by the number of years they have been in operation, their ratings and if they possess the relevant credentials. A moving company that also has an office or warehouse at your destination country will likely offer you better services. To pin-point the best firm in offering Melanesia International Moving Services, do plenty of research to determine what service is covered under the packages offered.
Our Melanesia International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We help in packing your goods to have them ready for shipping and upon reaching their destination, we unpack them.
- Commercial moving: Big or small businesses can make a confident move with us.
- Office moves: Setting up shop in a new country is our business and we are capable of helping you do this.
- Apartment moves: Moving from one home to another or country to country, should not break your back or your bank. We help make this move easy.
- Planning and preparation: We know that for any shipping, a lot is involved and we are here to guide you make that big move.
- Visa and immigration services: Moving to Melanesia is a big step and it entails a number of requirements that need to be met. We assist you in the preparation and processing of documents.
- Housing assistance: We pack, transport and unpack household goods and valuables effortlessly, making the transition easy for you.
- Family services: We offer tailor-made services to enable families move with ease.
- Auto transport services: We are capable of delivering our promise of safety and reliability while delivering your car to Melanesia, which includes the following countries: Vanuatu, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
With an unmatched experience spanning over two decades, you can relax knowing that a trusted partner will be with you, from start to finish. Our capable team is also well equipped to assist you with each need, as it arises. We offer you competitive prices and value for your money. If you need a quote, do not hesitate to get in touch and get one for free.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We are just a phone call or a click away and we are here to answer your questions or give you advice. Give us a call on 888-241-3110 or use the contact details included here to get in touch with us. We will be sure to respond to all your queries on Melanesia International Moving Services or any other services you may be interested in.