Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Mauritius
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Mauritius International Moving Services
Every single day, many people across the world move from one county to another, for either short stays or for longer periods of time. Some individuals may decide to move with their belongings. Such situations may be called international moving. To relocate, you can opt to make a self-move or hire a moving company which provides international moving services.
Moving to Mauritius Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Port Louis||$3,600- $5,900||$6,700- $11,100||4-7 weeks|
|Houston to Port Louis||$3,600- $6,000||$6,800- $11,100||4-7 weeks|
|Seattle to Port Louis||$4,000- $6,500||$7,400- $12,300||5-8 weeks|
|Detroit to Port Louis||$4,000- $6,700||$7,400- $12,300||4-7 weeks|
|San Diego to Vacoas||$4,100- $6,900||$7,800- $12,900||5-8 weeks|
|Portland to Port Louis||$4,200- $7,000||$7,900- $13,000||5-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Vacoas||$4,500- $7,400||$8,400- $13,800||5-8 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Vacoas||$4,500- $7,500||$8,400- $13,800||4-7 weeks|
|Chicago to Port Louis||$4,500- $7,500||$8,400- $13,800||4-7 weeks|
|Denver to Port Louis||$6,000- $9,800||$11,000- $18,200||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Using the right method of shipping, you can safely ship your car to Mauritius.
Duties imposed by customs for household goods
You can have the typical import duty waived on your shipment of household belongings, if you follow certain guidelines. To begin with, all items must have been purchased at least one year ago (and been personally used by you during this time).
You’re also required to have resided outside of the country, for a minimum of the last 12 months. Customs also mandates that you be present in Mauritius when your goods enter port. In addition, you have only six months after entering the country to import your goods (1).
These are common requirements around the world, and don’t pose an undue burden. Where the regulations diverge from other nations, are the ongoing rules that you must follow. You are to provide your full contact details and submit proof of residence within the country, each year for the first two years.
Penalties for Non-Compliance
It appears these details must be sent to the Director General, though this isn’t entirely clear. Failure to follow these instructions, will result in your duty exemption being rescinded. If this happens, you will be charged the standard duty, value-added tax and an extra 10% penalty (2).
Documents mandated by customs for household goods
In order to process your shipment, customs will need a packing list, your passport and either the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. An alcohol declaration and a customs declaration should be presented as well. You’re also required to submit two copies of your letter of exemption from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (3).
A Work Permit and/or Residence Permit are also needed, and you must renew the latter each year (for the first 2 years of residence). A valued inventory should also be included in your documentation (4).
Duties imposed by customs for vehicles
Reputable sources disagree slightly on this point, with one stating that a 15% excise duty and 15% value-added tax will apply, no matter whether the vehicle is new or used (5). The International Association of Movers seems to guide differently, saying that this rate is just for returning citizens of Mauritius.
Whether in certain cases this rate is applied to non-citizens isn’t abundantly clear, as the vehicle import regulations are lengthy and complicated (6). Therefore, you are urged to contact customs directly – to ascertain what fees will be levied on your vehicle shipment.
In addition, to bring a vehicle into Mauritius, you’re required to ask for and obtain an Import Permit before the vehicle shipment enters port. It’s also mandated that you send the Original Bill of Lading to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (7).
Documents mandated by customs for vehicles
If you want to import a vehicle, you’ll need written authorization issued by the Ministry of Public Infrastructure and Land Transport. Additional written authorization from the Ministry of Industry and Commerce is also required. The purchase receipt for the vehicle, a valid Residence Permit and/or Work Permit will be requested as well. The Import Permit (mentioned above) that’s been issued by the Ministry of Industry and Commerce is also mandatory documentation (8).
Another source lists the Ministry of Trade and Shipping as the appropriate office to get this Import Permit instead (9). As always, when the available information is conflicting in nature – you’re advised to request clarification from customs.
In fact, when relocating to Mauritius, it’s especially important that you speak with customs first. This is due to the huge number of customs regulations, procedures, fees and filing requirements (a fraction of which have been covered here). It’s also prudent to hire a reputable international shipping firm like A1 Auto Transport, as we can help you to navigate the intricacies of customs clearance.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Applying the following tips will enable you to make an easier international move:
- Start planning for your move as soon as you know that you need to move to a different country.
- To avoid delays, prepare your documents early enough and present them when requested to do so.
- Research on the laws that govern shipping to the destination country and abide by them. You can get information related to travelling to different countries on the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) site.
- Look for a reputable moving company which offers Mauritius International Moving Services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
When shipping overseas, there are many tasks that need to be undertaken. While you may be up to the task, there are some procedures that you may not be entirely familiar with. Also, you may experience a time constraint, limiting you to the number of activities you may complete. To take this load off you, it is advisable to hire the services of a moving company. The moving company is experienced in handling shipping duties and they also offer additional services that will give you extra convenience.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
You have probably come across a good number of international movers who seem to provide great services. How can you find the best international moving company? The following are some of the factors that you should consider:
- The costs of shipping should match the market rate and the mover should be open about any hidden costs that they may charge. The cost should also be within your budget limit.
- The mover should be licensed to provide Mauritius International Moving Services and also have some considerable experience.
- The moving company should meet industrial standards. They should be compliant with the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
Our Mauritius international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We offer you with all the assistance you may need, including packing and unpacking of your goods.
- Commercial moving: We are a supportive mover who makes it possible for commercial entities to make a successful move to Mauritius.
- Office moves: We know how important it is for you to make a move and settle soon so that you may set out on your venture. That is why we offer you with timely delivery.
- Apartment moves: We make moving overseas to your new apartment easier than you could imagine.
- Planning and preparation: No need for you to get overwhelmed because of everything that needs to be taken care of. We are here to help you plan and prepare from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: Do not get stuck while working on your visa application- we are here to help you and to see to it that you will make a successful move.
- Housing assistance: We offer you with great housing assistance services.
- Family services: We make the moving experience hassle-free for families.
- Auto transport services: Moving with your car to Mauritius will be a better choice compared to purchasing another one while there. We ship your car to Port Louis and thereafter, you may transport your vehicle to the port of your choice.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport is a forthright, experienced and reliable moving company which guarantees you with the safe delivery of your goods. We also go out of our way to ensure that you will have a hassle-free move. We also have many satisfied customers who are sure that they made the right choice and they come back to us for repeat services. A large percentage of them also refer their friends and family to us. We also offer obligation-free quotes at no fee. You can get in touch and request for a quotation of our Mauritius International Moving Services.
Please enter the details requested in the form at the top of the page. Also, do not hesitate to give us a call at 888-509-3213. Our staff is on stand-by to answer any questions you may have.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mauritius” page.
(4) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mauritius” page.
(9) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mauritius” page.