Mauritania International Moving Services
It has been said that change is the only constant thing in life. Sometimes, this change can require you to make adjustments in your life which may include changing your location. When making such a move, you may need to move with your belongings in a process referred to as relocation or international moving. This may be something daunting to do alone and therefore, you may look for a moving company that can offer you reliable international moving services.
Moving to Mauritania Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Nouakchott||$3,500- $5,800||$6,500- $10,700||4-6 weeks|
|New York to Néma||$3,500- $5,800||$6,500- $10,700||4-6 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Néma||$3,600- $5,900||$6,700- $10,900||4-6 weeks|
|LA to Nouakchott||$4,000- $6,500||$7,400- $12,300||4-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Nouakchott||$4,000- $6,500||$7,400- $12,200||4-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Nouakchott||$4,000- $6,700||$7,400- $12,200||4-6 weeks|
|Memphis to Nouakchott||$4,200- $7,000||$7,800- $12,900||4-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Nouakchott||$4,500- $7,400||$8,200- $13,400||4-6 weeks|
|Phoenix to Nouakchott||$4,600- $7,700||$8,700- $14,200||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Nouakchott||$6,000- $9,800||$11,000- $18,000||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
By hiring such services, you get to have your goods and car shipped to Mauritania with relative ease.
Does customs charge duty on household items?
Before delving into the duties for importing household goods into Mauritania, it’s important to note that the U.S. State Department has issued a Level 3 Travel Advisory for this nation. This advisory level signifies that they believe you should reconsider your travel plans, due to the threats involved (1).
If you still plan to proceed, the requirements to receive duty exemption are simple and straightforward. Customs only mandates that you’ve owned your household items for a minimum of six months, in order to be eligible for duty-free import.
Be prepared for customs to inspect your cargo, as they can do so at their discretion. Also, it’s important that the Original Bill of Lading for your shipment correctly list all of your goods (2). In addition, you should be at the port or point of entry while customs is processing your shipment (3).
Does customs need paperwork for household items?
Certain paperwork must be submitted to customs, before your shipment can enter the country. You must have a valid passport, Residence Permit and/or a letter from your employer. The Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for your shipment is also required, along with a packing list.
A separate inventory which is written in French and includes monetary values, your signature and the date is mandatory as well. A Non-Sale Certificate and receipts for any electronics purchased under six months ago are also necessary (4). You may also need a sponsor within Mauritania to write you a formal Invitation Letter, which you will present to customs (5).
Does customs charge duty on vehicles?
According to knowledgeable sources, you can temporarily import a used vehicle without paying duty (6). If you wish to permanently import a vehicle, however, then you will be charged duty for the privilege. The rate is currently 50% for used vehicles and 78% for new ones.
Be aware that used vehicles manufactured nine years ago or more, are not allowed into the country. Also, all pertinent documentation must be in the destination agent’s hands, at least a full week before importation (7).
Does customs need paperwork for vehicles?
Once again the regulatory and documentation requirements for importation are quite minimal. You’ll just need your passport, Change of Residence Certificate, proof of insurance and the registration card for the vehicle (8). The vehicle’s title and purchase receipt are also required (9). Though you may want to rethink your intention to relocate to Mauritania (due to the travel advisory in place) - you now have the information you need, if you choose to go through with your move. That said, the logistics involved with international shipping can be stressful and complex. Therefore, it’s always wise to talk with customs before proceeding. It’s also vital that you work with an experienced moving company like A1 Auto Transport, as we can make your experience a much smoother one overall.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
The following are some tips that can help you to have an easier international move:
- Research on the Mauritania shipping regulations and customs You can get information on the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) site and by enquiring from the Mauritanian Embassy.
- Package your goods properly. To avoid injuries, you may get assistance from friends, family or your mover.
- Get services from an international mover who is experienced in providing Mauritania International Moving Services. This gives you the chance to enjoy a smoother move.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Mauritania is located in North-Western Africa and the Atlantic Ocean borders it to the west. Making a self-move may overwhelm you and for this reason it is good for you to hire Mauritania International Moving Services. You will get the much-needed assistance while engaging in activities like packing and unpacking and doing your paperwork. You can also get to enjoy some convenience if the mover offers port-to-door delivery.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
You want to make a successful move; you have to find the best international moving company. These are some guidelines that will help you to find an international mover that will provide the best Mauritania International Moving Services:
- The experience that the mover has in shipping to Mauritania should be over a considerable amount of time.
- The mover should possess the credentials and licenses that allow the firm to operate in Mauritania.
- The mover should have proper facilities to handle your goods.
Our Mauritania international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We are the extra hand that you need when making your move.
- Commercial moving: We have experienced personnel and up-to-date equipment, ensuring that your commercial move will be made effortlessly.
- Office moves: Our business also includes helping your business to make a successful move.
- Apartment moves: We help you move from here to your new apartment in Mauritania with ease.
- Planning and preparation: We know how important it is not to miss out on any detail related to your move and that is why we assist you to plan and prepare for your move. We ensure you avoid any shipping delays by helping you prepare all your paperwork in good time.
- Visa and immigration services: We guide you on how to apply for the Mauritanian visa, whether you would like to process one at the Embassy or at the point of entry into the country.
- Housing assistance: We offer you with convenient housing assistance services.
- Family services: Moving to Mauritania as a family is a great experience and we offer you with family services so that you may travel and settle easily.
- Auto transport services: After your car has been inspected at the port, you may hand it over to us for safe delivery to Mauritania. We are capable of properly storing your car so that you receive it in good condition.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have sufficient experience in handling shipments that are to be delivered globally, Mauritania included. Also, we guide you through the shipping process so that you may be well prepared and to avoid any delays. We give you the assurance that you have left your belongings in safe hands and frequently update you on the progress of your shipment. We are also available at all hours should you want to get in touch to clarify any detail or make an inquiry. We offer satisfactory services to all clients and we hope that you too will get to enjoy shipping with us.
Move with us!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We look forward to you moving with us. Feel free to reach out to us via the number 888-509-3213. We are more than ready to answer any question that you may have and to help you in making the big move.
(1) https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/mauritania-travel-advisory.html (2) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3580 (3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mauritania” page. (4) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3580 (5) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mauritania” page. (6) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3580 and Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mauritania” page (7) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3580 (8) Ibid. (9) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mauritania” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇲🇷 Mauritania, (MR)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇲🇷 Mauritania, (MR)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.