Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Malta
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Malta International Moving Services
International moving is the process of transporting personal belongings from one country to another. To make such a move, it is best to seek international moving services. This is guaranteed to give you a hassle-free experience and peace of mind. You will also have confidence that your goods will not get damaged or lost.
Moving to Malta Cost & Time Examples
|Jacksonville to Qormi||$4,000- $5,500||$7,400- $10,100||4-6 weeks|
|Detroit to Birkirkara||$4,200- $5,800||$7,700- $10,500||4-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Birkirkara||$4,200- $5,900||$7,900- $10,600||4-6 weeks|
|Atlanta to Birkirkara||$4,200- $5,900||$7,900- $10,600||4-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Birkirkara||$4,300- $6,000||$8,200- $11,100||5-7 weeks|
|San Jose to Birkirkara||$4,500- $6,000||$8,300- $11,300||5-7 weeks|
|Columbus to Qormi||$4,600- $6,300||$8,400- $11,400||4-6 weeks|
|Portland to Qormi||$4,600- $6,400||$8,700- $11,800||5-7 weeks|
|Chicago to Birkirkara||$4,900- $6,500||$8,800- $11,900||4-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Qormi||$5,000- $6,800||$9,200- $12,500||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Shipping your car to Malta or your office inventory, household goods and valuables can be easy if you hire the services of a professional moving company that not only provides delivery services but goes out of their way to deliver great support.
Are duties charged on household belongings?
Being granted duty exemption for your used household goods is possible, but only if you follow certain guidelines. Your paperwork is required to cite Regulation 918/83, if you want duty to be waived. In addition, you must have purchased these goods at least six months ago, and personally used them during this time (1).
Customs also mandates that you provide a cash guarantee, which is payable to the Customs Authority (this sum is refundable). If you’re entering Malta from a country that’s not a member of the EU – your paperwork processing is to be handled by the Customer Services Section of customs. You’re also to obtain registration from the expatriates section of the Inland Revenue Department (and you’re to do this before customs processes your paperwork) (2).
What paperwork is required for household belongings?
Before customs will allow your shipment to pass through Malta’s borders, you must provide the necessary documentation. Your passport, a packing list and a separate inventory (with monetary values listed) is required. A letter from your employer in your origin country is also mandatory. This should state that you’ve been working in a non-EU country for a minimum of the last year, list the exact dates you were employed and state the reason the company moved you to Malta.
You can also submit alternate documentation, to prove residency outside of the EU during the last year (such as paperwork from the embassy in your home country) (3). As mentioned above, even for duty-free shipments, a cash guarantee is required. This deposit is 5.3% of the shipment value and freight costs, plus VAT of 18%. Once you’ve been living in the country for one year, you can obtain a refund. You will also need a customs declaration, Notice of Arrival and Power of Attorney (4).
Are duties charged on vehicles?
The information available on import duties for vehicles doesn’t provide much detail (5). In fact, it isn’t even clear if permanent residents of Malta will be charged to bring a single vehicle into the country (though this is likely). If you are a temporary resident of Malta instead, then you will certainly pay duty when importing a vehicle (6). Customs can choose to decide the vehicle’s value, and all vehicles must have been purchased by you at least six months prior to importation (7).
What paperwork is required for vehicles?
You should have the log book for your vehicle, a purchase receipt or invoice (that lists the amount paid) and your Original Bill of Lading. Form VEH07 is also needed, plus the paperwork it requires. Customs will ask to see a picture of your vehicle as well (8).
An Export Certificate may be an acceptable substitute for the vehicle log book, and you also must provide the vehicle’s title and registration. A valid Import License issued by the Department of Trade should also be shown. Customs must be given a Test Certificate as well, which proves that the vehicle is in acceptable mechanical condition (9).
Successfully passing through Maltese customs is a complex proposition. There isn’t space here to cover all of the fees, documentation and regulatory hurdles involved. Many more paperwork filing requirements are enforced – which highlights the importance of working with a competent international moving company like A1 Auto Transport. You should also speak with customs about your upcoming move, to ensure that you’ve met all of their requirements.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
A lot of preparation is required when moving overseas. There are also a number of procedures while shipping goods or moving to a different country. The following tips will enable you to make your international move easier:
- Plan and prepare well: Know all the details related to your move. These include, but are not limited to, knowing the expected shipping and delivery time, the documents required as well as the goods that may not be allowed entry into your destination.
- Get informed: To make an informed move, you need to have all the facts right. Relevant authorities such as the Embassy of Malta and the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) make such information easily accessible on their websites.
- Liaise with the moving company: Make all the particulars related to your move known so that your expectations may be met. Also, pay for the services as soon as when required so that your request may be acted upon.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
While relocating overseas, you may need guidance on the rules governing shipping as well as the documents that should to be processed. A professional moving company is best suited to be your trusted guide. Such a company will have this information at their fingertips and will be able to guide you accordingly.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A moving company that offers Malta International Moving Services will also be familiar with the rules governing shipping to that country and they can therefore offer you with expert advice.
How to find the best international moving company
To find out which mover is the best for you, look into factors such as their experience, performance, rating and authorization to ship to and operate in Malta. Cost is also an important factor. You may request for quotes from moving companies offering Malta International Moving Services so as to get an estimate of the shipping cost.
Our Malta International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We go out of our way to make your move easier.
- Commercial moving: Big or small businesses can make the big move with us and get back to business.
- Office moves: It is our business to help you get back to business in your new space.
- Apartment moves: We help make your move to your apartment in Malta easy.
- Planning and preparation: We help you plan and prepare the big and small details of your move.
- Visa and immigration services: We are familiar with the rules of entry that govern Malta and we can advise you accordingly.
- Housing assistance: Our housing assistance services are available to help make your relocation easier.
- Family services: We understand that each family is unique and requires different types of service. That is why we offer custom-made family services.
- Auto transport services: We understand that shipping a car to Malta involves a lot of processes, needs a lot of requirements and also quite a number of documents to be processed. We do our best to make this process easy for you.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
What makes A-1 Auto Transport better than the rest? It is because we are an experienced company that has delivered great service for 20 years and it only gets better with time. We also offer the best prices in the market, offering you with value for your money. Our professional team is dedicated to guide you every step of the way, from start to finish. We also provide shipping quotes for free and with no attached obligations. Get a quote for your Malta International Moving Services and make your move in an affordable but reliable way.
Get in touch!
We are just a phone call and a click away! Contact us on 888-509-3213 or use the details included here to contact us. We can also send a free quote to you, upon request. To get started, please fill-out the form at the top of the page.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Malta” page.
(4) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Malta” page.
and Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Malta” page
(6) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Malta” page.
(7) -Customs can choose to assign a value to your vehicle:
-A minimum of six months of ownership is required:
Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Malta” page
(9) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Malta” page.