Mali International Moving Services
Good diplomatic relations have opened up borders, allowing foreigners to live, work or stay in other countries. Businesses are also encouraged to invest in countries other than those where they are based at. Usually, when companies or individuals move overseas, they travel with their valuables and they do, sometimes, prefer to ship their own car overseas. There are many tasks to undertake when moving overseas but you can hire international moving services from a reputable shipping company.
Moving to Mali Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Bamako||$3,700- $6,300||$7,000- $11,500||4-7 weeks|
|New York to Bamako||$3,700- $6,300||$7,000- $11,500||4-7 weeks|
|Dallas to Bamako||$4,200- $7,000||$7,800- $12,900||4-7 weeks|
|Seattle to Bamako||$4,200- $7,000||$7,900- $13,000||5-8 weeks|
|LA to Mopti||$4,500- $7,300||$8,300- $13,700||5-8 weeks|
|Portland to Bamako||$4,500- $7,400||$8,300- $13,700||5-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Bamako||$4,500- $7,500||$8,300- $13,700||4-7 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Mopti||$4,900- $8,200||$9,100- $14,800||4-7 weeks|
|Phoenix to Bamako||$5,000- $8,200||$9,200- $15,100||5-8 weeks|
|Denver to Bamako||$6,300- $10,400||$11,500- $18,800||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
When moving to Mali, a reliable mover can assist you in shipping your car, as well as other valuables that you would like to ship.
What duties are charged on household items?
The Customs Head Office within the country must issue you a Free-Entry Certificate, in order to waive the duty on your shipment of household goods. In addition, you’re required to have purchased these items at least six months ago (and have used them during this time). Customs also mandates that you have lived outside of Mali for a minimum of the last 12 months. Importation also must occur no later than six months after you relocate to Mali.
Even if you are granted duty exemption, you will still have to pay the Redevance Statistique tax, which is currently 2.5% of the shipment’s value (as declared on your inventory). Further, if your shipment is travelling over land from Abidjan in the Ivory Coast to Camako in Mali - then an extra 1% Fonds de Garantie Routier tax will be levied on your shipment (1).
Keep in mind that processing of your Free-Entry Certificate moves slowly, and you should plan on 20 - 40 days to receive it. All paperwork should also be in the destination agent’s possession, a minimum of 15 days before your shipment enters Mali - if you wish to keep port fees to a minimum. Finally, faster processing may be possible for a fee, but how this works isn’t clear (2).
What documents are needed for household items?
You must have your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill, along with a full packing list. A separate inventory is mandatory, and this must include monetary values, the date and your signature. A valid Letter of Employment and your passport (with entry permit) are also required. Customs will also request your Certificate of Change of Residence. You can acquire this document from city hall, in the municipality where you resided within your origin country (3).
Either a Residence Permit or Work Permit should also be submitted, along with Bordereau de Verification. This is used to create the Transit Declaration, which is issued by the Malian Shippers Council. A Power of Attorney should also be included in the packet given to customs, if a third party will be handling clearance on your behalf (4).
What duties are charged on vehicles?
If shipping a vehicle to Mali, it seems that only those with diplomatic status can have vehicle import duties waived. All others will pay a flat rate of 44%, plus an additional 40 Euros for every year of the vehicle’s age (5). However, other factors may come into play, including the engine size, year of manufacture, model, monetary value and more (6).
What documents are needed for vehicles?
You should have the Original Bill of Lading for the shipment. This is required to list the engine cc’s, make, engine and chassis numbers, model and year the vehicle was made. A Non-Sale Certificate, your driver’s license and proof of international insurance coverage are also needed.
The vehicle’s title and registration issued by the origin country should be provided as well. A purchase receipt or invoice (which lists the vehicle’s value) is also mandatory documentation (7). A Certificate of Value is an acceptable substitute, if you don’t have the original purchase invoice (8).
You should never proceed with your move without consulting customs, as a litany of additional paperwork requirements, import regulations and possibly even fees pertain to incoming shipments. Partnering with a trustworthy and experienced international moving company like A1 Auto Transport is also wise - as we can help you expertly navigate the process.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Relocating does not necessarily have to be a difficult process. The following tips can help you to make your international move easier:
- Find a reputable and reliable international mover who provides Mali International Moving Services.
- Pack and label your goods properly.
- Familiarize yourself with the Mali customs and regulations.
- Ensure that you have all the relevant paperwork and present them for processing when requested to do so.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Making a self-move will probably exhaust you since there is a lot to be done and you will not have any assistance as you get everything ready for the move. The benefits of hiring the services of a professional moving company outweigh the costs. You will benefit by having peace of mind that your valuables will arrive in safe condition because the mover has the facilities to store them well, guarding them from any danger. Also, since the mover is familiar with the shipping requirements and knows how to avoid delays, they will do their best to offer you with timely delivery.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The following are some of the factors that may guide you when looking for the best international moving company:
- Facilities: Does the mover have appropriate facilities to handle and store your goods so as to ensure they do not lose their integrity?
- Affordability: Is the shipping cost within your budget?
- Reliability: Does the mover offer shipping methods that suit you? Will they deliver to your port of choice and in good time?
- Reputability: Are their former clients satisfied and are there indications of the mover having a good standing?
Our Mali international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We not only move your belongings- we also pack and unpack them for you.
- Commercial moving: We have facilities that enable you to ship your commercial assets safely.
- Office moves: Business opportunities await you in Mali and that is why we do our best to deliver your goods in good time.
- Apartment moves: We help you to move from your current home to the new one in Mali.
- Planning and preparation: We help you in planning and preparing your move, step-by-step.
- Visa and immigration services: We guide you through the Mali visa application process.
- Housing assistance: Pocket-friendly and reliable housing assistance services are available.
- Family services: We make the move hassle-free for you and your family.
- Auto transport services: Using public transport while in Mali may not be the most convenient way of moving around. We are able to ship your car to Mali using safe and reliable means of transportation.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport can best be described as an experienced and reputable mover. Our services are reliable and affordable. Our staff is the helping hand that you need when making your move and they do their best to make the process as effortless as can be. We also provide you with constant updates on your shipping, involving you in the process and giving you peace of mind. You can also request for a quote for the Mali International Moving Services from us, it is free and has no obligations attached to it! Our well-trained representatives are available to offer you round the clock, real-time support. We have a large client base which includes many satisfied customers who come back to us for repeat shipping requests and who also refer us to other clients seeking moving services.
Move with us!
We would like it if you could fill the form at the top of the page. In case you need to get more information on our Mali International Moving Services, do not hesitate to get in touch. You can reach out to us via these contact details provided here or give us a call via the number 888-509-3213.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mali” page. (2) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3589 (3) Ibid. (4) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mali” page. (5) Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mali” page and http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3589 (6) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Mali” page. (7) Ibid. (8) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3589
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇲🇱 Mali, (ML)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
🇲🇱 Mali, (ML)
Car International FAQ
🇲🇱 Mali, (ML)
🇲🇱 Mali, (ML)
🇲🇱 Mali, (ML)