Maldives International Moving Services
International moving is needed when a business or individual has to relocate to another country. This often proves to be a long and rather burdensome process for an individual to undertake alone. To make it less of a burden, seek the services of professional movers who provide international moving services. In case you are planning to move to Maldives, a reliable international moving company can assist to ship your household goods or your car with ease.
Moving to Maldives Cost & Time Examples
|Philadelphia to Malé||$3,800 - $6,400||$7,300 - $11,900||4-8 weeks|
|Houston to Malé||$3,800 - $6,400||$7,200 - $11,800||4-8 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Malé||$4,200 - $7,000||$8,100 - $13,200||5-9 weeks|
|Detroit to Malé||$4,200 - $7,000||$7,800 - $12,900||4-8 weeks|
|Charlotte to Malé||$4,200 - $7,000||$7,800 - $12,900||4-8 weeks|
|San Jose to Malé||$4,200 - $7,000||$8,100 - $13,300||5-9 weeks|
|Columbus to Malé||$4,600 - $7,500||$4,600 - $7,500||4-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Malé||$4,700 - $7,900||$8,900 - $14,700||5-9 weeks|
|Chicago to Malé||$4,700 - $7,900||$8,800 - $14,600||5-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Malé||$5,000 - $8,200||$9,300 - $15,200||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties levied on household goods
Customs permits you to bring some household and personal belongings into the country without paying duty - though their policies vary. For instance, students may import computer equipment free of any duties. Professional equipment may also be brought into the Maldives without incurring duty - though whether this exemption applies to students or those entering the country for work purposes instead is rather ambiguous (1).
It is clear, however, that foreigners coming to the Maldives for work reasons can have their used belongings (if intended for establishment) exempted from duties. To be eligible, the length of your employment must run for longer than six months. Finally, a general duty concession of goods with a combined value of under 6,000 Maldivian rufiyaas is also available for students and working professionals (2).
Be aware that this general concession introduced by the Maldivian Import Export Act (also referred to as Law No: 31/79) apparently applies to all travelers entering the Maldives - so contact customs to learn more (3).
Paperwork required for household goods
It seems you must obtain an Import License, even when bringing your own personal goods into the country (and not commercial goods for sale). The Ministry of Economic Development is in charge of the Import Permit process - though it appears that the customs Officer in Charge will also play a role. For more detailed information about obtaining this license, you should speak with customs directly (4).
Customs will also ask to see a commercial invoice for your shipment of personal items. If you aren’t able to provide this document, then Form MCS-145 (Passenger and Crew Valuation) should be submitted in its place. Finally, you’ll need to show a Goods Declaration, if you wish to receive the general duty concession mentioned above.
This concession allows you to have duty waived on goods up to 6,000 Maldivian rufiyaas in value. If your shipment exceeds this value, then you’ll pay import duty on the overage. In addition, submitting a declaration isn’t always sufficient, as there are some technical rules governing when the general concession is granted (5). For this reason, you should partner with a knowledgeable international moving company like A1 Auto Transport - to help you navigate the process.
Duties levied on vehicles
The information regarding import duty for vehicles is rather sparse, but according to a comprehensive list of 2019 tariffs issued by the Maldives Customs Service - import charges of 200% will be levied on most personal vehicles. This includes cars, station wagons, jeeps and passenger vans with engines ranging from less than 1,000 cc’s all the way up to more than 3,000 cc’s (6).
However, this seems to only be a list of tariffs between nations (specifically SAFTA member countries and those with Most Favored Nation status) (7). Whether this same rate holds true for individuals wishing to bring their personal vehicle into the Maldives isn’t clear.
Anecdotally, it has been reported that a 100% import duty was faced by one traveler - but this is far from a strong source of information (8). Due to the lack of clarity concerning import duties for personal vehicles, it would be prudent to confirm this information with customs, before shipping a vehicle to the Maldives.
Paperwork required for vehicles
It’s likely that you’ll need your passport, a comprehensive packing list and the Original Bill of Lading for the vehicle shipment. A valid Import License and Certificate of Valuation may be required as well (9). However, customs only provides a list of documents needed for commercial importers - with no information given for individuals (10). Therefore, you should call ahead to determine what paperwork will be necessary for your vehicle shipment.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
As earlier mentioned, making an international move may be a long process, and this may overwhelm you. The following tips can guide you to make this an easier process:
- Research: Get familiar with the requirements for relocating as well as the rules that govern shipping to Maldives. You may reach out to the Embassy of the Republic of the Maldives so as to get up-to-date information. The US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website contains useful information.
- Package your goods in a way that allows for easy handling, storage and movement.
- Prepare your documents and present them as and when required.
- Search for a reputable and reliable moving company that can take up the task of helping you relocate easily.
- Liaise with the moving company. Give them all the details that relate to your move so as to enable them act on your request with ease.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating to the Maldives or any other location may be a daunting task to do alone. You need plenty of assistance since there are various activities, such as packing and unpacking, transportation and document processing, that need to be handled. A professional moving company will provide you with Maldives International Moving Services which includes navigating through any legal requirements.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
In order to hire a company that will offer you quality services; you need to guarantee that they will provide secure and reliable transportation of your goods. Having experienced and reliable personnel who will attend to you also makes the move enjoyable. To find the best international moving company, do some research and find out if the company is licensed to ship to Maldives. You also need to confirm if the insurance covers third parties. It is also good to check the company’s ratings and testimonials from previous clients so as to get an idea of its performance. To get an estimate of the shipping costs of Maldives international moving services, do not hesitate to request for quotes.
Our Maldives international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We have packing supplies that make the move easy.
- Commercial moving: It is our business to help your business move to Maldives.
- Office moves: We can assist you in relocating your office and facilitate an easy transition.
- Apartment moves: Moving in to your new home should be stress-free and we help you to do this.
- Planning and preparation: We take into consideration all the details, big and small. We also help you plan the best time to ship to Maldives, considering its climatic conditions.
- Visa and immigration services: We offer you the much needed assistance on how to gain entry to Maldives.
- Housing assistance: We offer great housing assistance services, making you feel at home with us.
- Family services: We know that each family is unique and that is why we offer personalized family services.
- Auto transport services: If you are seeking a reliable and experienced moving company to ship your car to the Maldives from the US - look no more!
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
A reputable and reliable moving company is one that is the best compared to the rest and has stood the test of time. A-1 Auto Transport fits this description. With over 20 years' experience, we have perfected our services to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations. We also offer you real-time support on a 24/7 basis should you need to contact us. Our prices are the best in the industry. Upon request, we can give you a free quote with no obligations attached. We hope that you will experience why we are the right choice for you.
Make the right move!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We are also a call away and available 24/7 on 888-509-3213 to answer any question you have about our Maldives International Moving Services. You can also get in touch using the contact details provided here. We look forward to hear from you.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇲🇻 Maldives, (MV)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇲🇻 Maldives, (MV)
🇲🇻 Maldives, (MV)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- 3 Tips For Moving Back To SchoolAcclimating After Moving To Another CountyAdams State University Moving ServicesAfter The Move: Painting Your HomeAlabama Agricultural and Mechanical University Moving ServicesAlabama State University Moving ServicesAlbany State University Moving ServicesAlcorn State University Moving ServicesAppalachian State University Moving ServicesApproximate Moving Cost CalculatorArizona State University Downtown Phoenix Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Polytechnic Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Tempe Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University West Campus Moving ServicesArkansas State University Moving ServicesArkansas Tech University (ATU) Moving ServicesArmstrong State University Moving ServicesAthens State University Moving ServicesAuburn University at Montgomery Moving ServicesAuburn University Moving ServicesAugusta University Moving ServicesBall State University Moving ServicesBari, ItalyBemidji State University Moving ServicesBest Questions To Ask Local Movers
- Moving To AfghanistanMoving To AlbaniaMoving To AlgeriaMoving To AndorraMoving To AngolaMoving To Antigua and BarbudaMoving To ArgentinaMoving To ArmeniaMoving To AustraliaMoving To AustriaMoving To AzerbaijanMoving To BahamasMoving To BahrainMoving To BangladeshMoving To BarbadosMoving To BelarusMoving To BelgiumMoving To BelizeMoving To BeninMoving To BhutanMoving To BoliviaMoving To Bosnia And HerzegovinaMoving To BotswanaMoving To BrazilMoving To Brunei
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September