Madagascar International Moving Services
Madagascar is one of the largest islands in the world. It boasts of diverse ecosystems that have unique wildlife that can be found nowhere else on earth. If you get a chance to move to Madagascar whether you are moving on a short exploration tour or a more permanent basis, A-1 Auto Transport has the best international moving services for you.
Moving to Madagascar Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Antananarivo||$3,800- $6,500||$7,300- $12,000||4-7 weeks|
|Miami to Antsirabe||$4,000- $6,600||$7,500- $12,400||4-7 weeks|
|LA to Antananarivo||$4,200- $7,000||$8,100- $13,200||5-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Antananarivo||$4,200- $7,000||$8,100- $13,200||5-8 weeks|
|Charlotte to Antananarivo||$4,200- $7,200||$7,900- $13,200||4-7 weeks|
|Portland to Antananarivo||$4,500- $7,500||$8,400- $13,900||5-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Antsirabe||$4,500- $7,500||$8,300- $13,800||4-7 weeks|
|Memphis to Antananarivo||$4,600- $7,700||$8,600- $14,200||4-7 weeks|
|Columbus to Antananarivo||$4,600- $7,800||$8,700- $14,200||4-7 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Antananarivo||$4,700- $7,900||$8,900- $14,700||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
With a strong background in car transportation to Madagascar, you can trust that we will get you safe to this magnificent island.
Duties charged on your household items
It is possible to obtain duty exemption on your used household items, provided you follow certain guidelines. First, you must have owned these goods for a minimum of six months. Second, you must have lived in your origin country for longer than 12 months. Third, you must possess a long-term, permanent visa. Fourth, you must import these goods no later than four months after moving to Madagascar (1).
According to the International Association of Movers, to be eligible for duty-free importation - you also must have a Change of Residence Certificate (this proves long-term relocation into the country). In addition, you’re to present a Certificate for Free Entry which was issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (though this may only apply to diplomats) (2).
Both sources agree that even for shipments where duty has been waived, you’ll still be charged a GASYNET tax. This is only 0.3% and it’s charged on the CIF value. A value-added tax (VAT) of 20% also applies, but it may only be charged on the GASYNET tax (rather than on the full value of your shipment) (3). To determine which is the case, you should speak with customs to learn more
Paperwork required for your household items
When shipping a vehicle to Madagascar, you must provide your passport (with Entry Permit) and a Certificate of Change of Residence. Customs will also request a valid Work Permit from the company you’ll be working for within the country, as well as work authorization from the Labor Ministry. A Residence Certificate from the Fokontany within Madagascar is also needed, along with either your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. A separate inventory that lists monetary values and includes your signature and the date is required as well (4).
In addition, be prepared to show a visa issued by the Ministry of the Interior and a Power of Attorney. A bordereau de suivi de cargaison (or cargo tracking note) must also be provided (5).
Duties charged on your vehicle
If the vehicle has been registered in your name for a minimum of one year, then you will be exempted from the standard import duties. The only exception to this policy are French cooperants, who are still charged duty in this case. If you’ve owned the vehicle for less than one year, then you must provide 118% of the shipment’s CIF value when passing through customs (6).
Be aware that only left-hand drive vehicles are permitted, and that customs can impose a 50% fee, if any hazardous or flammable fluids (such as gasoline) are still in the vehicle at the time of processing (7)
Paperwork required for your vehicle
You must submit your Original Bill of Lading and the purchase invoice or receipt for the vehicle. Both the registration and title (issued in the origin country) are also required (8). A declaration of the vehicle’s value and a certificate attesting that no liens are currently on the vehicle may be needed as well (9).
The above discussion should give you an excellent idea of the process, paperwork and fees involved when relocating to Madagascar. That said, not all of the pertinent details could be covered here - meaning that you should always talk over the requirements for your specific shipment with customs before moving.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
International moves can be quite demanding. In fact, they are very hard to pull off if you decide to manage them yourself. Here are some tips to help make your life easy:
- Change your address at least 2 weeks early and notify your utility company, landlord and bank about your move. Also redirect or stop any subscriptions that send things to your home.
- Have all your important documents within reach even in your flight to Madagascar. Documents such as banks statements to prove you are not destitute, evidence of job offers and an address of where you’ll stay will help.
- Save space and money by only carrying the things that you will need for your stay in Madagascar. Donate any that you don’t need or sell them on eBay or Craigslist.
- Check Madagascar’s immigration requirements and make sure that you meet all of them.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Moving abroad is not like a move to an apartment a few blocks down the street. There are more requirements and certainly more things that can go wrong in the process. This is why you need to consider getting a professional to provide Madagascar International Moving Services. Here’s why you should consider a professional:
- Having handled other movers to Madagascar in the past, they have learned from their mistakes and also established relationships with local authorities that will enable them to fix problems when they happen.
- Your bulky household appliances will be moved using specialized moving equipment hence nothing will get damaged along the way.
- In the event that losses or damages occur, professional moving companies are insured to ensure that the liability does not get to you in any way.
How to find the best international moving company
Good international moving companies are not easy to find. Luckily, they are easy to identify. Here are some things to look out for when choosing the company to get Madagascar International Moving Services from:
- Moving companies in the United States are regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT) so ask for a US DOT number and check it here to see if the company is legit.
- Visit their website and read a few customer reviews to find out if they can be trusted to deliver.
- Ask them if they have insurance that covers your cargo during the move.
Our Madagascar International Moving Services
This is what we offer:
- Packing/unpacking: Spend your time doing other things and let us worry about the packing and unpacking bit.
- Commercial Moving: We can ship everything in your business premises to your new location in Madagascar.
- Office moves: It’s now possible to have a seamless office move that won’t cost your business.
- Apartment moves: Our fully managed apartment moves will give you a hassle-free moving experience.
- Planning and preparation: Right from planning in preparation for the move, our experts will take your hand and guide you from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: Our immigration experts are only one phone call away.
- Family services: We have something to make the move easy for everyone. Yes, even the little ones.
- Auto transport services: Our strong background in the auto transportation industry makes us perfect for moving your car to Madagascar.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Here’s why you should go to no one else when you need to move to Madagascar:
- We have licensed services and a passionate workforce that is dedicated to ensuring that you have the easiest transition.
- Our services are designed with your specific needs in mind because we know that no two customers are the same.
- We have a very reliable cargo insurance policy that will compensate you for any losses or damages that might happen during the move.
Get in touch!
Let’s get this ball rolling! Ask one of our representatives on 888-509-3213 any questions that you might have about our services or fill the form above and we will get back to you.