- Moving To London From Canada
- Macedonia International Moving Services
- Moving To Macedonia Cost & Time Examples
- Duties When Importing Household Goods
- Paperwork When Importing Household Goods
- Duties When Importing Vehicles
- Paperwork When Importing Vehicles
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Macedonia International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get In Touch!
- Get In Touch!
Moving to London from Canada
Macedonia International Moving Services
Relocation is the situation in which international companies or individuals move their belongings to a different country and settle there. Relocation or international moving is often a daunting task. It has a lot of logistical requirements that have to be met with equal importance and urgency. To make this process easier, individuals or companies making such a move may seek assistance from movers who provide international moving services.
Moving to Macedonia Cost & Time Examples
|Philadelphia to Bitola||$4,100 - $5,500||$7,500 - $10,100||4-6 weeks|
|Miami to Skopje||$4,100 - $5,600||$7,700 - $10,400||4-6 weeks|
|Houston to Skopje||$4,100 - $5,600||$7,700 - $10,400||4-6 weeks|
|Detroit to Skopje||$4,600 - $6,300||$8,400 - $11,400||4-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Skopje||$4,900 - $6,500||$8,900 - $12,100||5-7 weeks|
|San Diego to Skopje||$5,000 - $6,800||$9,300 - $12,500||5-7 weeks|
|Portland to Skopje||$5,100 - $6,900||$9,500 - $12,800||5-7 weeks|
|Chicago to Skopje||$5,200 - $7,200||$9,600 - $12,900||4-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Skopje||$5,400 - $7,300||$10,000 - $13,400||5-7 weeks|
|Denver to Bitola||$6,900 - $9,500||$12,700 - $17,100||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
If you want to ship your goods or vehicle to Macedonia, you can get the much needed assistance from a reliable moving company.
Duties when importing household goods
Customs does not provide duty exemption on household items, even if these goods are used. Expect to pay the full rate, which is currently 25% of the combined amount of your shipment’s pro-forma value and the cost of shipping. In addition, you’ll pay an 18% value-added tax on the full sum, of your shipment’s value, cost of shipping and the import duty charged.
Certain goods carry additional customs requirements, including electronics and even appliances like refrigerators. You’ll need an import permit issued by the Ministry of Environment, in order to bring these goods into Macedonia.
Medicine or pharmaceuticals, foodstuffs and even drinks all require an import permit as well - and including these goods in your shipment will cause customs to inspect it. For this reason, the International Association of Movers recommends that you don’t pack these items, when relocating to Macedonia (1).
Paperwork when importing household goods
You must provide your passport, packing list and a pro-forma invoice for your shipment. Customs will also need to see your Macedonian ID card, a Letter of Employment that list your contract duration, and any required import permits.
Your lease agreement for your residence within the country is also required, along with either your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. Your employer may also need to provide you with a request for temporary import (2).
Duties when importing vehicles
Just as with household goods, no duty exemption is offered when importing your vehicle. The precise amount of duty you’ll pay isn’t abundantly clear. One source lists the current duty at 2 - 4%, but whether this percentage is charged on the vehicle’s total value or as a partial payment of the duties owed isn’t stipulated. This source does go on to say, however, that vehicle imports will also incur VAT of 18%, as well as specific vehicle taxes on top of this amount (3).
The Association of International Movers states that the rate is 3%, but asserts this is a monthly 3% payment of the total duties incurred for vehicle importation (4). In other words, a partial payment of the full amount owed, which is due on a monthly basis. To determine which information is the most accurate, you’re encouraged to call customs directly.
Also, it’s important to note that vehicles must be manufactured less than 10 years ago. They’re also required to have a catalyst system installed, and a Bank Guarantee is mandatory. Your Original Bill of Lading must also list pertinent details, including the color, engine size, chassis and engine numbers, VIN and year it was made (5).
Paperwork when importing vehicles
A number of documents must be submitted to customs, before your vehicle will be cleared to enter the country. You must have the purchase invoice or sales certificate (the original) for the vehicle, and either your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill.
A certificate confirming adherence to technical standard EUR 3 and the vehicle registration card are also required (6). Your driver’s license and a valid International Driver’s Permit are needed as well. Be sure to also include the vehicle’s title in the packet you provide to customs (7).
Relocating to another country abroad can be filled with logistical, filing and regulatory hurdles of all shapes and sizes. For this reason, it’s important to partner with an experienced and trustworthy moving company, such as A1 Auto Transport. We’ll ensure that the process runs smoothly, so you experience the least stress possible during this time. In addition, you’re encouraged to speak with Macedonian customs, to learn what paperwork requirements, fees and regulations you’ll face
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Apply the following handy tips to make your international move easier:
- Research: Get familiar with the requirements for migrating or shipping to Macedonia. Make good use of the information available such as on the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website.
- Proper packaging: This will enable the movers to easily handle, store and transport your belongings. It also secures your property from damage.
- Document preparation: This will save you a lot of time and you will not panic at the last minute when you are well prepared.
- Co-operate with the moving company: Communicating well, availing documents and information to the moving company and paying your bill on time will enable them to act on your order swiftly.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Hiring the services of an experienced moving company will give you the much needed confidence that you are making the right steps throughout your journey. A good shipping company will be familiar with all the rules that govern your destination country. They will also assist you in safely transporting your goods and provide updates of the shipping.
How to find the best international moving company
There are many moving companies in the industry but you need to find one that will meet your need in the best way possible. The search for the best international moving company may not be easy but you may take the following factors into consideration while conducting your search:
- Is the company trustworthy and licensed to ship internationally?
- Does the company meet the legal requirements to provide Macedonia International Moving Services?
- Does the company have a base in Macedonia? This will assist you to get storage services from them instead of looking for another holding company.
- Is the moving company insured and does the cover include third parties?
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Macedonia International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We provide packing supplies upon request as well as packing and unpacking services.
- Commercial moving: There is no company too big or too small for us to move.
- Office moves: Make your move to your new territory easy and quick with us.
- Apartment moves: Your new apartment at Macedonia awaits you and we wait to help you settle soon.
- Planning and preparation: We are your experienced guide through your relocation process, from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: We are familiar with the requirements for you to gain entry to Macedonia. We offer you with all the assistance you will need to travel to Macedonia.
- Housing assistance: We go out of our way to ensure you are provided with top-notch housing services as well as family friendly services.
- Auto transport services: Moving your car with us is not complex nor is it expensive. You can get more information on shipping your car to Macedonia here.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We at A-1 Auto Transport understand that you need to make a move that does not set you far back financially. That is why we offer you with the most competitive pricing. You may get an estimate of your shipping cost by getting a free quote from us. You get value for your money by moving with us. We are experienced and work hard to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations. The confidence our customers have in us is shown by the fact that 97% of them refer us to other clients. All our services, including Macedonia International Moving Services, are designed to ensure that you get the best service in the industry.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We would definitely love to hear from you! Give us a call on 888-509-3213 and we can give you more information on our Macedonia International Moving Services or any other service that you may be interested in. Our support team is available 24/7 and is ready to assist you. Alternatively, drop a message here and we will get back to you.
Get in touch!
(1) IAMovers Country Guide: Macedonia (2) Ibid. (3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Macedonia” page. (4) IAMovers Country Guide: Macedonia (5) Ibid. (6) Ibid. (7) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Macedonia” page.