- Luxembourg International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Luxembourg?
- Pet Transportation
- Auto Shipping
- Visa Fees
- Moving To Luxembourg Cost & Time Examples
- Duties To Import Your Household Items
- Additional Regulations
- Possible Additional Fees
- Paperwork To Import Your Household Items
- Duties To Import Your Vehicle
- Paperwork To Import Your Vehicle
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Luxembourg International Moving Services Offers
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get In Touch, Get Moving!
- Other Services
Luxembourg International Moving Services
Changes in the industry or an individual’s life may cause them to relocate. International moving involves the transporting of goods belonging to individuals or companies from one country to another. Professional movers are able to assist those relocating by providing them with international moving services.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Luxembourg?
The cost of moving internationally to Luxembourg can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on a variety of factors such as the size of move, total distance, route, transportation method, and current market trends.
Several parameters are considered when estimating the shipment to Luxembourg, including how much space is being emptied before export. Purchasing a two-bedroom home in Luxembourg can cost anywhere from $4000 to $9600.
There are other factors to consider besides dwelling size. You should take all expenses into account, including visa fees, moving with a pet, and a car.
You must be familiar with the rules and requirements of each country when traveling with your pet. They must be microchipped, have a passport, and be vaccinated before they are allowed to fly. Amounts vary depending on the type of medical treatment your animal needs, the breed, and its size. Typically, costs are in the range of $250 and $300.
The best vehicle transportation company for international relocation services is one that specializes in vehicle transportation outside of the country. How much it will cost to move depends on how far your car needs to be moved and the size of it. The average cost of moving by sea is $1,000 to $5,000, according to Consumer Affairs.
It is almost identical to getting a driver's license, registering a car, getting auto insurance, or getting a new license. Environmental laws may vary from country to country.
If you are considering working or studying in another country, you will probably need a visa in order to do so. Nevertheless, you are not required to obtain a visa to transit from one country to another within the European Union when traveling within the EU. In nearly all cases, in order to receive a work or study visa, the applicant must have a large number of documents and pay a high price.
Moving to Luxembourg Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Luxembourg||$4,000- $5,500||$7,400- $10,000||3-5 weeks|
|Miami to Luxembourg||$4,000- $5,500||$7,400- $10,000||3-5 weeks|
|NY to Luxembourg||$4,100- $5,500||$7,400- $10,100||3-5 weeks|
|Charlotte to Dudelange||$4,500- $6,100||$8,200- $11,100||3-5 weeks|
|Dallas to Luxembourg||$4,600- $6,300||$8,400- $11,400||3-5 weeks|
|LA to Luxembourg||$4,700- $6,500||$8,800- $12,000||5-7 weeks|
|Seattle to Luxembourg||$4,700- $6,500||$8,800- $11,900||5-7 weeks|
|Chicago to Dudelange||$5,100- $6,900||$9,300- $12,500||3-5 weeks|
|Phoenix to Luxembourg||$5,600- $7,500||$10,200- $13,800||5-7 weeks|
|Denver to Luxembourg||$7,000- $9,600||$12,900- $17,300||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
A-1 Auto Transport is a reputable and experienced moving company that aims to simplify the complex process of relocation for you. With us, you can rest assured that your valuables are in safe hands. Whether you want to move your belongings to your new office or home or to ship your car to Luxembourg, we are up to the task.
Duties to import your household items
You’re allowed to bring household belongings into Luxembourg, without paying any import duty for the privilege. To be granted exemption, you must have owned and personally used these items for at least the last six months. You’re also required to have resided outside of the country, for the last 12 months. Further, to receive exemption, your shipment(s) must arrive no later than 12 months after you move into the country.
Finally, the items must be considered by customs to fit with your social standing (likely your economic level) (1). This last requirement is somewhat subjective, but appears to be an attempt to limit the importation of luxury goods, with the intent to later sell them for a profit within Luxembourg.
Be aware, that even if your shipment has duty waived - certain items may be handled differently by customs. In addition, you cann ot transfer ownership, lend to others or get rid of any duty-free goods brought into the country, for a period of six months.
Possible Additional Fees
Further, it isn’t clear whether you’ll still be charged the standard 15% value-added tax, importation fees of roughly 3.5% and a 200 Euro document processing fee (2). Therefore, it’s recommended that you consult customs directly, to determine what costs will be levied on your particular shipment.
Paperwork to import your household items
Customs will ask to see a comprehensive inventory, which is to be written in either English or French (and include your signature at the bottom of each page). The Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for your shipment, along with your passport, a separate packing list and a Declaration 136 F are needed (3). A Type D Temporary Residence Visa issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs should also be presented.
An Address Registration Certificate from the local municipal office in the city where you’ll be living is required as well. Within 3 business days of your arrival, you must provide a Declaration of Arrival. No later than 3 months after entering Luxembourg, you must petition the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for a Residence Certificate (4).
Duties to import your vehicle
Customs allows you to import a vehicle without incurring duty, if you purchased it more than six months ago. The vehicle also must have over 6,000 kilometers on the odometer, and you must inform customs that you’ll be establishing your primary place of residence in the country. If you’re awarded duty exemption, then you won’t be permitted to sell or transfer ownership of the vehicle for one full year (5).
Paperwork to import your vehicle
While customs is processing your vehicle for entry into Luxembourg, you’re required to submit the appropriate documentation. You’ll need the vehicle’s title and registration, along with your driver’s license. Proof of insurance for the last six months and a copy of your international insurance coverage are also required.
Customs will also ask to see the purchase invoice for the vehicle. A COM4 Declaration is also mandatory. This declaration should include documents showing your ownership of the vehicle, that you’ve used the vehicle in your origin country and a Change of Residence Certificate (6).
You may also need a T-Form, giving you permission to move your vehicle inside the EU and a letter written by the Ministry of Foreign affairs, confirming your employment within Luxembourg (7).
There are many more paperwork and regulatory requirements not covered here, as Luxembourg customs clearance can be rather involved. Therefore, the best course of action is to hire a competent international moving company like A1 Auto Transport - to help guide you through the process. In addition, you’re urged to contact customs for yourself, so you can speak with them about the requirements in your specific situation.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Relocation is often a complex process. However, the following tips will make your international move easier:
- Hire the services of a reliable moving company. A professional moving company will make your relocation stress-free, from start to finish.
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with the moving company. Communicate the relevant details related to your move and pay your bill soonest possible. This enables them to work on your request with ease.
- Prepare your documents well in advance and whenever they are required for processing, avail them.
- Package your goods well. This will enable the team handing your goods to store and transport them with ease.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Your big move calls for a lot of guided steps. A professional moving company will be able to not only provide you with Luxembourg International Moving Services but also provide you with the much needed support. They will probably be more familiar with the regulations governing shipping to Luxembourg. Also, their very able staff will assist you with packing and unpacking and make the transition easier for you.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
Almost all moving companies claim to be the best. This may make searching for the best international moving company a bit hard for you. Do not get stuck on this selection stage yet you have to get moving quickly. To narrow down your search for the best international moving company, consider the following factors:
- Is the moving company licensed to provide Luxembourg International Moving Services?
- Is the company’s performance and rating high?
- Are third parties catered for in the company’s insurance cover?
- Will the services provided be satisfactory and will the estimated cost be within your budget?
Our Luxembourg International Moving Services offers:
- Packing/unpacking: We make the transition easier for you.
- Commercial moving: Big or small businesses can make their move with us.
- Office moves: We can handle your inventory and enable you operate in your new office within a very short-time.
- Apartment moves: We will seamlessly see to it that you move to your new home without breaking your bank or back!
- Planning and preparation: We know that a lot is involved in your international move and that is why we help you plan and prepare, from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: We are here for you in case you need any help with the steps you need to take so as to travel to Lithuania.
- Housing assistance: Affordable and reliable housing services are available.
- Family services: We know that each family is different and that is why we offer customized services to cater for each unique need.
- Auto transport services: We simplify the process of getting your vehicle safely to you.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
So, what is it about us that makes us the best moving company for your move? Here are just a few reasons:
- We have decades of experience and we have a good understanding of the moving industry. You are assured that your valuables are in good hands.
- Our area of operations includes Luxembourg, and we will offer you with all the support you need to move in to your new area.
- We have a professional and reliable team that does their best to ensure your move will be stress-free.
- We have offered services to customers who have rated us highly. In fact, 97% of our clients refer us to other people seeking moving services. This shows that they have confidence in our promise to deliver. GET
Get in touch, get moving!
Please fill the form at the top of the page. Also, do not hesitate to contact us in case you need more information about our Luxembourg International Moving Services. Give us a call on 888-241-3110. We have a support team that is available round the clock. Alternatively, you can get in touch using the contact details provided here.
(1) Found on Atlast Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Luxembourg” page. (2) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3595 (3) Ibid. (4) Found on Atlast Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Luxembourg” page. (5) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3595 (6) Found on Atlast Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Luxembourg” page. (7) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3595