Lombok International Moving Services
Changes in a business or an individual’s life may require the affected business or person to relocate. Most times they will need professional moving companies to provide international moving services. These include packing and unpacking, transportation, storage, among other things all geared at helping their clients move with ease. Whether you are shipping a car to Lombok so as to use it over your short stay or moving there permanently, you can benefit from such moving services.
Moving to Lombok Cost & Time Examples
|San Jose to Lombok||$5,100- $6,900||$9,500- $12,800||5-7 weeks|
|Seattle to Lombok||$5,100- $6,900||$9,500- $12,700||5-7 weeks|
|Portland to Lombok||$5,400- $7,300||$9,800- $13,300||5-7 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Lombok||$5,800- $7,800||$10,600- $14,300||6-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Lombok||$5,600- $7,700||$10,500- $14,100||5-7 weeks|
|Detroit to Lombok||$5,900- $7,900||$10,900- $14,600||6-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Lombok||$5,900- $8,100||$11,000- $14,800||6-8 weeks|
|Atlanta to Lombok||$5,900- $8,100||$11,000- $14,800||6-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Lombok||$6,300- $8,600||$11,600- $15,600||6-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Lombok||$6,500- $8,800||$12,000- $16,100||6-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Does customs charge duties on household items?
Since Lombok is part of Indonesia (specifically the West Nusa Tenggara province), looking to Indonesia’s import duty policy is the right course of action. Indonesian customs does offer duty exemption for household goods, as long as certain guidelines are followed.
They must be acquired at least one year prior to import, and personally used by you during that time. Customs also offers duty relief on just one shipment by air and one over the water. Your shipment must enter Indonesia within three months of the issuance date for your KITAS card and Temporary Work Permit (IKTA). Last of all, for duty-free goods that enter the country, selling of these items is forbidden (1).
Does customs require specific paperwork?
While processing your household goods for entry, you must give customs the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. Your passport with visa pages and a comprehensive packing list must be shown as well (2). You’re required to take this list to the Indonesian Embassy in your home country before leaving, and have it stamped by the officials there (3). The packing list should also be faxed to the destination agent well ahead of your shipment’s scheduled arrival.
A valid Temporary Residence Permit (KITAS card) and Work Permit (IKTA) are mandatory documentation too (4). A RPTKA could be required in place of the IKTA, but this may only be for employers (not employees) (5). Regardless of the permits mandated by customs for your situation, they must not expire for at least one year. A Non-Negotiable Bill of Lading also seems to be necessary, which is apparently different from the OBL already mentioned (6).
This list of paperwork requirements isn’t definitive, and additional documents will be needed. Consult customs for more specific information pertaining to your exact shipment.
Does customs charge duties on vehicles?
Foreigners entering Indonesia aren’t allowed to bring a vehicle into the country, except in a few very limited instances. These are either participating in or owning a business that’s related to vehicles in some way, or having diplomatic immunity (7).
In fact, some reputable sources state that only foreign citizens with diplomatic clearance and PP-8 status are qualified to import a vehicle (no mentions of business purposes of any kind are made) (8). Therefore, if you’re planning to ship a vehicle to Indonesia for your vehicle-related business, you should talk to customs beforehand.
Does customs require specific paperwork?
You must present the vehicle’s title and registration, along with Form PP-8 (only if you have diplomatic status) (9). The well-regarded International Association of Movers indicates that this PP-8 document is a Letter of Approval issued by the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs instead - and not a simple form.
Customs will also request your passport, the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment and a full packing list. You’re instructed to visit the Indonesian Embassy in your country of origin before leaving, to have this list stamped (but this may only apply to diplomats) (10). The purchase receipt for the vehicle is mandatory as well (11).
This accounting is not comprehensive, and additional documentation may be needed. Speak to customs for more information about the requirements for your specific shipment.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
To make your international move easier, take action on the following handy tips:
- Prepare your belongings in a manner that will enable ease of movement since there will be numerous loading and offloading points.
- Research on all policies and rules that will dictate your move. The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia will be able to give you detailed and up-to-date information.
- Prepare your documents to enable easy processing.
- Liaise with the moving company in order to be familiar with all the steps involved in your international move. Provide them with all details that relate to your goods to make it easy for them to handle the items and transport them with ease.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
A moving company with the requisite experience in Lombok International Moving Services will make your relocation process easier. It also gives you peace of mind when dealing with trusted professionals since you know that your belongings are in safe hands and that the process will not be lengthy or include unexplainable costs. Professional moving companies will also go the extra mile and assist you in packing and unpacking your goods.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
International moving companies are many but you need to find the best and the one most trusted to offer Lombok International Moving Services. You may conduct online searches or request for referrals from friends or businesses. The factors that you need to look into when conducting this search include the company’s ratings and their familiarity with the rules related to shipping to your new destination. You should also find out if they are insured and if they possess the required certifications related to the moving industry.
Our Lombok International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: Leave the large and small tasks of your move to us.
- Commercial moving: We are here to help businesses, small or big, in their move to Lombok.
- Office moves: Big moves are no big task as we can help you set-up your office in your new location
- Apartment moves: Moving household goods from one home to another, safely and reliably, is our priority.
- Planning and preparation: We provide you with all the support and information necessary to make your move easy.
- Visa and immigration services: Visa application requires a lot of preparation and documentation. We can guide you on how to proceed with this step and make the journey to Lombok hassle-free.
- Housing assistance: We know how exhausting it can get when moving and that is why we make it easy for you to transport, pack and unpack your goods.
- Family services: We understand that each family has unique needs and we are able to provide a custom made package for the services that you seek.
- Auto transport services: We are experienced and capable of shipping your car to Lombok, which is an Indonesian island.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Is reliability, pocket-friendly and experience some of your top priorities in your search for Lombok International Moving Services? Look no further! We at A-1 Auto Transport are here for you! We have been in this industry for over 20 years and can therefore provide you with nothing but the best service. You have come across various companies but this is why we are the better option compared to the rest:
- Our success story and ratings will give you the much needed confidence that you have made the right choice for a moving partner.
- We offer professional services and our support team is available round the clock to answer you when you call.
- We offer competitive pricing but offer unmatched quality of services. What’s more, we are so confident that you will have a great experience and will offer you with a quote for free!
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. You are more than welcome to give us a call at 888-509-3213 or get in touch using the contact details included here.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Indonesia” page.
(4) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Indonesia” page.
(6) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Indonesia” page.
(7) Found on Moverscom “Moving to Indonesia” page.
and Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Indonesia” page
(11) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Indonesia” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com