Liechtenstein International Moving Services
While the prospect of leaving the US for international relocation is an exciting idea, the process is quite tedious. For the person who tries to do this by themselves, the logistics involved and legal requirements are enough to make a person give up. It is for this reason that you should instead look for professionals who offer Liechtenstein International Moving Services.
Moving to Liechtenstein Cost & Time Examples
|Houston to Vaduz||$4,200 - $5,800||$7,800 - $10,500||3-5 weeks|
|Charlotte to Vaduz||$4,600 - $6,400||$8,600 - $11,500||3-5 weeks|
|Atlanta to Schaan||$4,900 - $6,500||$8,800 - $11,900||3-5 weeks|
|LA to Schaan||$5,000 - $6,800||$9,200 - $12,400||5-7 weeks|
|San Jose to Vaduz||$5,000 - $6,800||$9,200 - $12,500||5-7 weeks|
|Columbus to Vaduz||$5,100 - $6,900||$9,300 - $12,500||3-5 weeks|
|Chicago to Schaan||$5,400 - $7,300||$9,700 - $13,000||3-5 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Schaan||$5,500 - $7,500||$10,200 - $13,800||5-7 weeks|
|Phoenix to Schaan||$5,800 - $7,800||$10,600 - $14,300||5-7 weeks|
|Denver to Schaan||$7,300 - $9,800||$13,200 - $17,800||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Cost to import household belongings
Unfortunately, no information is available about the import duties you’ll pay, when bringing household goods into Liechtenstein. For this reason, you should get in touch with customs, to ask them about this directly.
A Limited Number of Residence Permits
In addition, you should be aware that obtaining a Residence Permit to live in the principality of Liechtenstein is difficult. According to Liechtenstein’s official website - they only issue a total of eight-nine permits annually. Seventy-two of these permits are given to citizens of European Economic Area (EEA) countries (1). The EEA includes all EU countries plus Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein (2). The remaining seventeen permits are reserved for Swiss citizens. If you wish to live in Liechtenstein and you’re not a citizen of either Switzerland or an EEA nation, this may be possible in certain cases - but this isn’t common (3).
Alternatives to Living in Liechtenstein
Since acquiring a Residence Permit is so difficult, many people choose to live nearby in a bordering country and commute into Liechtenstein for work instead. In fact, according to the government, more than half of all workers in Liechtenstein commute from other countries each day (4). Both Austria and Switzerland border Liechtenstein directly - and Germany is under an hour away at the shortest point. Italy is also just over an hour drive at the shortest distance between the two borders (5).
Commuting Across the Border
Though commuting into Liechtenstein daily for work is commonplace - you still must follow certain guidelines. If you’re a Swiss citizen, no registration or permit is required. If you’re a citizen of an EEA member country, then you’re obliged to register with the Migration and Passport Office no later than ten days after beginning your new employment. Finally, if you’re a citizen of any other country, then you aren’t allowed to begin working until you obtain a cross-border commuter permit from the Migration and Passport Office.
To be eligible for this permit, an application must be turned in a minimum of two weeks before employment is set to begin. In addition, an employer must first try to hire a citizen of an EEA country or Switzerland. Only if they can’t locate a suitable candidate, may they hire a foreign national from any other country (6).
Cost to import vehicles
Once again there is very little information concerning import duties for personal vehicles. One source reports that the Customs Union Treaty of 1923 caused all of the duties and tariffs enacted by Switzerland to be enforced in Liechtenstein as well (7). This seems to indicate that the import duty policy for vehicles imposed by Swiss customs would apply in Lichtenstein.
Switzerland does allow for duty-free import of a personal vehicle at the moment, if certain conditions are met (8). However, this assumption about the interchangeable nature of import duties between the two countries is far from certain. For this reason, the best course of action is to contact customs in Liechtenstein for more details.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Packing: Packing is at the center of your moving requirement and you should start doing so at least 3 months earlier. Sort through your items; get rid of whatever you do not need then arrange your keepsakes in order of size. Put these different items in batches for ease of putting into crates or boxes. Do not pack heavy items in large boxes. Instead, pack such items in small boxes and the lighter ones in the large boxes. Make this process a family affair so that everyone can be on the same page about the relocation process.
- Visa and passport: Under the Schengen agreement, you do not need a visa to travel to Liechtenstein during the first 90 days. Nonetheless, you will need a valid US passport. If you plan to stay longer, ensure that you apply for the appropriate visa via the Embassy of Liechtenstein. Also, find out what residency you qualify for then apply for it in advance.
- Working and doing business: After you move, you will need an income-generating activity. Find out if you can apply for jobs and do so in time. While at it, inquire if you need a work permit and be sure to get the application done. Be sure to research about the business environment and establish if you can set up a business after moving. You could also consider operating your business remotely.
Why you need a professional moving company
Moving abroad, as you have found out, involves a lot of factors coming into play. Undoubtedly, the various tasks involved might be very daunting if handled by a single person and very many things could go wrong.
However, if you hire a professional mover, your move will be stress-free. Such movers have the required equipment and trained personnel for the job. They will handle your belongings with care and will ensure that they arrive safely and on time. Their services are fast and efficient which is why you should let them take on this logistical challenge.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
At the start, you will have many options when looking for Liechtenstein International Moving services. But, to find the best company to work with kindly consider the following:
- Ensure that you settle for a mover that is licensed and has insurance that covers damages for valuables on transit.
- Compare different estimates and choose the mover that has a good package at an affordable rate.
- Read customer reviews on the internet. The comments others make of their experience with the company will help you make an informed choice.
- Choose a company that has such exemplary customer service it has been feted for that. Accreditations are an indicator to high service standards.
Our international moving services
Included in our Liechtenstein International Moving Services are the following:
- Packing/unpacking: We will pack and unpack your belongings.
- Apartment moves: We will help you to switch between rental apartments.
- Corporate moves: We will help you to move your business or office.
- Planning and preparation: We give helpful information regarding the scheduled move. We help you come up with a checklist of the things you need to do in advance.
- Visa and immigration: We offer assistance in applying for Liechtenstein visa and immigration services.
- Auto transport: We also handle the international shipping of cars.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Having been in business for more than 30 years, we have the expertise to undertake international move. Many clients credit us with having helped them successfully move abroad and they have gone on to refer us to others. As you partner with us, you can rest assured that you are in the right hands and all your questions will be answered.
Make the switch!
Are you ready to move to Liechtenstein? Kindly call our experts on our toll-free number 888-509-3213. You can also get information on our services by filling out your details in the form at the beginning of this page.
(5) According to Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Liechtenstein/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x479b31441d472ffd:0x60eab536dd5ab189?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjh6f-m15bjAhXOZs0KHVMbC1QQ8gEwGXoECA4QBA
(8) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Switzerland” page.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com