- Libya International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Libya?
- Shipping Method
- Moving To Libya Cost & Time Examples
- Import Duties Charged By Libyan Customs
- Paperwork Required By Libyan Customs
- Import Duties For Vehicles
- Paperwork Required For Vehicles
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Libya International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get In Touch!
Libya International Moving Services
Despite the political turmoil that the country has faced, Libya is one of the oil -rich countries with massive wealth. If you ever find that you need to move here, then you should consider getting Libya International Moving Services from a reputable firm like A-1 Auto Transport.
We don’t only do car transportation to Libya. We have an all-round international moving service that can handle moving all your belongings to Libya safely and on time.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Libya?
The cost of moving internationally to Libya can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on various factors such as the size of the move, total distance, route, transportation method, and current market trends.
Libya is a North African country. The cost of moving a two-bedroom home to your target country might range from $4,500 to $10,500. At the same time, moving a 6-bedroom home may cost between $14,500 and $18,500.
Aside from the size of your property, additional considerations include the transport method, insurance, and taxes.
You may have to pay for storage in addition to your standard moving charges while moving. It may be difficult to synchronize your moving date with the shipping date used by most international shipping providers. When moving overseas, it is wise to budget for storage charges. Communicate with your shippers to see whether or not they have storage facilities.
Moving your belongings overseas is not only stressful, but it also puts them in danger of damage. However, the most crucial aspect of the moving procedure is ensuring that your belongings arrive at their destination in good shape.
As a result, it is advisable to obtain insurance to cover these potential losses. Your shipping requirements will determine the type of insurance you select. On the other hand, confirm whether or not your shipper offers insurance in its shipping package.
The method you use to ship your things internationally significantly impacts the total price you'll spend. Sea shipping is one of the most cost-effective options, while air shipping is the most expensive.
However, regardless of the approach used, trucks will always complete every move's beginning and end steps. Even though freight shipping is the least priced option, most consumers choose it.
Moving to Libya Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Tripoli||$4,500- $7,300||$8,200- $13,400||4-7 weeks|
|Detroit to Tripoli||$4,900- $8,100||$8,800- $14,600||4-7 weeks|
|San Jose to Tripoli||$5,000- $8,300||$9,300- $15,300||5-9 weeks|
|Memphis to Tripoli||$5,200- $8,600||$9,500- $15,600||4-7 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Tripoli||$5,400- $8,900||$9,800- $16,100||4-7 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Tripoli||$5,500- $9,200||$10,200- $16,700||5-9 weeks|
|Phoenix to Tripoli||$5,800- $9,500||$10,600- $17,400||5-9 weeks|
|Miami to Benghazi||$6,100- $10,100||$11,000- $18,100||4-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Benghazi||$6,600- $10,900||$11,900- $19,600||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Benghazi||$8,700- $14,300||$15,700- $25,800||6-10 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Import duties charged by Libyan customs
How much you’ll pay to bring your household goods into Libya isn’t entirely clear. One source asserts that failure to present the original documentation required (not copies), means you’ll have to provide a refundable deposit amounting to 10% of the shipment’s CIF value. This implies that duty-free import is available, as long as you meet the paperwork requirements (1).
Other reputable sources aren’t nearly as definitive, but seem to indicate that this 10% comes in the form of non-refundable duties (2). To clear up this confusion, it’s best to talk with Libyan customs.
Paperwork required by Libyan customs
While customs is processing your shipment, they will need to see some specific documentation. You must present your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill, along with a valid letter of employment. You also need to show your Work Permit and/or entrance visa. A statistics code from your employer within the country is required as well, together with a full packing list (3).
Import duties for vehicles
The duty rate charged for long-term vehicle imports isn’t specified, and it’s possible that exemption may be available (4). For temporary imports, you’ll need to deposit 25% of the vehicle’s value. This will be refunded when you export the vehicle back out of Libya, upon leaving the country (5).
Paperwork required for vehicles
Before your vehicle can enter Libya, you must give customs the purchase invoice. Your Original Bill of Lading is also required (6). The vehicle’s title and registration are also needed, as well as a letter of employment. A valid Import Permit issued by the Ministry of External Affairs is mandatory, and this must be obtained prior to importing the vehicle. A log book to verify when you purchased the vehicle is also required, along with proof of insurance coverage (7).
Customs regulations have a tendency to change regularly, and this overview also isn’t comprehensive. This means it’s a good idea, to speak with them before shipping your goods to Libya.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Moving is never easy. Even if you are moving to an apartment a few blocks down the street, there are a good number of challenges that you will have to overcome. International moves have all these challenges, and some more. Here are some tips to help make your life easier:
- Notify your service providers early that you will be leaving. This includes utility companies, subscriptions that you have and your landlord.
- Have a checklist of the things that you will need to do before moving. This helps you track progress and ensure that you don’t forget some items.
- Let your bank know that you will be moving so that they can expect some activity from a new country.
- Take only the things that you will need for your stay in Libya. You can donate the rest of them or sell them on eBay or Craigslist.
- Start working on your immigration requirements Some approvals will take time and this could end up in delays.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Professional moving companies will provide Libya International Moving Services that will help reduce the stress that comes with overseas moves. Although it can be tempting to try and save some money by managing the move yourself, hiring a professional moving company is much more beneficial to you. Here’s why you should go with a professional moving company:
- Their experience in the industry has taught them lessons and best practices for doing most of the things that you will need to do in your move. They will know how to avoid pitfalls along the way.
- When you know that your move is being handled by a professional, you will have peace of mind and at the same time, you will free up time to focus on other things.
- Moving companies are insured against losses and damages that could happen during transit.
How to find the best international moving company
There are many options to choose from when you search online for a company that offers Libya International Moving Services. Here are some things that you should look out for when choosing a company:
- Ask for a US DOT number and check it here to know if they are licensed to operate moving services.
- Read past customer testimonials to know what to expect from the company.
- Ask if your cargo will be insured in the period when it will be in their hands. A company that doesn’t have insurance is a sign of trouble.
Our Libya International Moving Services
When you come to A-1 Auto Transport for your move to Libya, these are the services you can choose from:
- Packing/unpacking: We will carefully pack, label and unpack your belongings before moving them, then we will unpack them upon arrival in Libya.
- Commercial Moving: Need to move your business? We have just the service for you.
- Office moves: Our service is designed to help you move without losing productivity.
- Apartment moves: Let us turn your new apartment to a better version of your old apartment with everything in it.
- Planning and preparation: We also offer guidance in the early stages of your move.
- Visa and immigration services: Our Libya immigration experts are at your disposal if you have any questions about the process.
- Family services: Get services that will meet the needs of every member of your family.
- Auto transport services: Why leave your car behind when A-1 Auto Transport can move it for you?
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Our award winning moving services are fully licensed so you can be sure that you are in safe hands.
- We know that every customer is unique hence we make a point of customizing our services to meet their unique needs.
- Should something bad like an accident happen during the move, you are protected by our cargo insurance policy.
Get in touch!
Talk to one of our representatives on the phone by dialing 888-241-3110 or fill the form above and let’s get moving.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Libya” page.
- Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Libya” page. and http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3596
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Libya” page.