- Liberia International Moving Services
- Moving To Liberia Cost & Time Examples
- Import Duties When Relocating To Liberia
- Documents When Relocating To Liberia
- Import Duties For Your Vehicle
- Documents For Your Vehicle
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Liberia International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
- Get In Touch!
Liberia International Moving Services
Liberia is one of the few West African countries with English as their official language. If you are moving here from an English speaking country, this is good news for you because you won’t need to learn a new language.
You will, however, need to understand the local immigration requirements for your international move and that is by no means an easy task. Fortunately, you can choose to work with an international moving company like A-1 Auto Transport and enjoy the benefits of professional guidance by someone who really understands Liberia.
Moving to Liberia Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Monrovia||$3,200- $5,400||$6,000- $9,800||4-6 weeks|
|Houston to Monrovia||$3,200- $5,400||$6,000- $10,000||4-6 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Kakata||$3,200- $5,500||$6,100- $10,100||4-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Monrovia||$3,600- $6,000||$6,900- $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Kakata||$3,700- $6,100||$6,900- $11,500||4-8 weeks|
|Portland to Monrovia||$3,800- $6,500||$7,300- $12,100||4-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Monrovia||$4,000- $6,600||$7,300- $12,100||4-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Monrovia||$4,100- $6,900||$7,700- $12,700||4-6 weeks|
|Phoenix to Monrovia||$4,300- $7,300||$8,200- $13,400||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Monrovia||$5,600- $9,500||$10,500- $17,100||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Even if you would like to move with your own car, our Liberia International Moving Services will help you ship it and have it registered in Liberia.
Import duties when relocating to Liberia
Customs doesn’t extend any duty exemption, even for used household belongings. Import taxes will also be levied, though the exact rate for these fees isn’t specified by reputable sources (1). To learn more about the costs involved to import your goods, speak with Liberian customs directly.
Documents when relocating to Liberia
You must hand in a comprehensive inventory that includes monetary values, and also a separate packing list (written in English). Your passport, a receipt for your shipping costs and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill are also needed. Customs also requires a CRF (clear report of findings) for your shipment.
Finally, a Certificate of Exemption can be submitted - which seems to imply that duty can be waived in certain cases (2). As this clashes with the information covered above, it’s recommended that you discuss what fees will apply to your shipment with customs.
Import duties for your vehicle
There’s no mention of duty exemption for vehicle imports, and the rate charged can be quite significant. Import taxes will also apply, and the amount is based on the year of manufacturer, size of the engine, vehicle model and its value. Though both new and used vehicles can be imported, those manufactured over 12 years ago aren’t allowed into the country (3).
Documents for your vehicle
During the customs clearing process for your vehicle, certain paperwork must be presented. This includes the vehicle’s registration, which was issued in the origin country. Your passport and the commercial invoice for the vehicle are also required (4).
Liberian customs will also need to see the vehicle’s title and the Original Bill of Lading. This must list certain details, such as the engine volume and year it was made. Finally, both your driver’s license and valid international insurance coverage must be shown (5).
Though this summary covers much of what you need to know when dealing with Liberian customs - more regulations apply. Additional paperwork and fees may also be required for your shipments. Therefore, it’s wise to consult customs before sending your goods - to ensure that you’re in full compliance with all of their requirements.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Here are some pointers on making your international move easier and more manageable.
- Create a checklist. This will ensure that you always know how much work you need to do and how much progress you are making on the moving process.
- Give notices with your current service providers early to avoid being billed for services that you won’t receive. The same goes for any subscriptions that you might have.
- De-clutter. Use the move as a chance to identify the things that don’t add value to your life and leave them behind. You can either sell them on eBay or Craigslist or you can donate them to a charity.
- Start the immigration process early and make sure you understand all the requirements for moving to Liberia.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
The success of your move to Liberia will be determined to a great extent by the approach you decide to take. On one hand, it can be smooth and stress-free, but on the other hand it can be tedious and a major headache.
We recommend getting your Liberia International Moving Services from a professional moving company because of the following benefits that you stand to gain:
- Convenience and peace of mind knowing that everything is being handled by a professional.
- Any unfortunate losses or damage to your belongings during transit will be covered by the company’s insurance policy.
- You get to focus on the items on your agenda that actually need your attention like getting a Liberian driving license.
- Professional moving companies come with their own specialized moving equipment so you can rest assured that your belongings will not be damaged in transit.
How to find the best international moving company
Finding a good moving company can be a bit challenging thanks to the wide range of options to pick from. Here are some ways you can identify a good Liberia International Moving Services company.
- Read customer reviews on their website to understand what you can expect from their services.
- If you have friends who have ever made an overseas move, talk to them and ask for recommendations.
- The US Department of Transportation (DOT) has a database of all the licensed moving companies so ask if your chosen provider has a US DOT number and check it here.
- Ask about cargo insurance and how the company handles insurance claims.
Our Liberia International Moving Services
When moving to Liberia, these are the services that you can get from us:
- Packing/unpacking: Forget about the most tedious part of moving and let us handle it for you.
- Commercial Moving: We even move businesses of all sizes.
- Office moves: Get efficient and affordable office moves with minimum downtime.
- Apartment moves: Let us move you to your new apartment and enjoy unmatched convenience.
- Planning and preparation: How about expert guidance throughout the moving process?
- Visa and immigration services: we can even help you secure your visa to Liberia.
- Family services: Our services are tailored to meet the needs of every family member.
- Auto transport services: You can also take your car with you using our auto transport services.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc.?
This is why you should go to none other than A-1 Auto Transport for your move to Liberia:
- Fully licensed moving services hence you are assured of professionalism all the way.
- Moving services customized to your needs.
- Cargo insurance that covers any loss or damage to your goods during shipment.
- Real-time progress reports whenever you need them.
Get in touch!
Talk to us on 888-509-3213 or fill the form at the top of the page and we will get back to you with more information about your move to Liberia.
- Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Liberia” page. and http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3673
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Liberia” page.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Liberia” page.