Lebanon International Moving Services
International moving is the process where individuals or companies transfer their goods from one country to another. This may prove to be a complex process and it is better to seek international moving services from a reliable moving company. A-1 Auto Transport is an experienced company that aims to make shipping hassle-free for you. Whether you want to ship a car to Lebanon or to move to your new home or office, your goods will be in safe hands.
Moving to Lebanon Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Beirut||$3,700- $6,100||$6,900- $11,500||4-8 weeks|
|Houston to Tripoli||$3,700- $6,300||$7,000- $11,600||4-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Beirut||$4,000- $6,600||$7,500- $12,400||5-9 weeks|
|Detroit to Beirut||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,700||4-8 weeks|
|San Diego to Beirut||$4,100- $6,900||$7,800- $12,900||5-9 weeks|
|Portland to Tripoli||$4,200- $7,000||$8,100- $13,300||5-9 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Tripoli||$4,500- $7,500||$8,600- $14,100||5-9 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Beirut||$4,600- $7,700||$8,600- $14,200||4-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Beirut||$4,600- $7,700||$8,700- $14,200||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Beirut||$6,000- $10,000||$11,100- $18,100||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Are import duties assessed by Lebanese customs?
Customs does allow you to bring household belongings into the country, without paying the usual import duty. To receive this exemption, all the necessary paperwork must be filed. Otherwise, you’ll have to provide a Bank Guarantee or bond, which will be refunded once you turn in all the required documentation. Keep in mind that you only have three months after you obtain your Change of Residence Certificate to import your items (1).
What paperwork does Lebanese customs require?
Since failure to provide the correct documents can make a Bank Guarantee necessary - it’s important that you have all the required paperwork in hand if possible. Chief among these are your Residence Permit from the Lebanese General Security Office and a valid Work Permit from the Lebanese Labor Office.
You should also submit a full packing list and an employment contract from a Lebanese company. The Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for your shipment, along with a delivery order are also required. Customs will also request a letter of transfer, from both your employer in your origin country and within Lebanon. A lease or purchase contract for a residence within the country must be shown as well (2).
Are import duties assessed on your vehicle?
Here reputable sources diverge, with one stating that you’ll pay import duties of between 25% and 35% (3). The Association of International Movers states instead, that exemption of both import duty and value-added tax (VAT) may be possible. However, it appears that even for duty-exempt vehicles - an import tax will still apply. This import tax is $5,000 USD and up (4).
Due to different opinions being available, it’s imperative that you give customs a call - to determine which fees will apply in your situation.
What paperwork is required for your vehicle?
During processing, customs must be given the vehicle’s title and registration. Your Original Bill of Lading is also required, and this must list the weight, engine and chassis number, color, make and model of the vehicle. The purchase invoice or receipt is mandatory as well. Before leaving your origin country, this document must be notarized by the Lebanese consulate (5).
A large number of other regulations are enforced on imports, and additional paperwork and fees may also be applicable. This is true of both your household goods and vehicle imports into Lebanon. To confirm that you’ve met all of the customs requirements for your shipments - it’s important that you speak with them directly.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Relocation is perceived to be such a hassle but it can be stress-free. The following tips will make your move easier:
- Choose an experienced and reliable moving company that will offer you with great services, from start to finish.
- Establish a good relationship with the moving company. Pay your bill on time and provide them with the required paperwork to make them act on your request with ease.
- Prepare all required documents well and present them when they are required for processing. You may get information from the Embassy of Lebanon as to what is required from you.
- Package your goods in such a way that handling, storing and transporting them will be easy.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Hiring the services of a company that provides Lebanon International Moving Services ensures you have guidance though your journey. A professional moving company will be forthright and reliable; they will ensure you have a smooth move and see to it you are well settled. Since the company will be more familiar with all that relates to moving to Lebanon, they will offer you with the much needed guidance.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
If you do a quick online search, you will see there are a good number of international moving companies that claim to be the best. With all this information bombarding you, how can you be sure to settle on the right international moving company? Narrow-down your search by putting the following factors into consideration:
- Does the moving company possess the required certifications and licenses to provide Lebanon International Moving Services?
- Is the company familiar with the regulations that govern shipping to Lebanon?
- What is the company’s ratings and performance?
- Is the moving company insured and are third parties properties also covered?
- Is the estimated cost within your budget and do the services provided match up to the cost?
Our Lebanon International Moving Services offers:
- Packing/unpacking: We go the extra mile to make your move stress-free. We not only provide all the required packing materials, we ensure you are ready to go and only leave after you are settled in.
- Commercial moving: Our business is to enable you set up shop in Lebanon.
- Office moves: We are well equipped to ensure you kick off your business at your new location soonest possible.
- Apartment moves: We know you would like to settle soon and have your valuables intact and in position as soon as possible. We see to it that this happens.
- Planning and preparation: We offer you with the needed guidance as you plan and prepare for your move.
- Visa and immigration services: We offer you with the much needed assistance while applying for a visa to Lebanon.
- Housing assistance: We provide top-notch services and housing assistance to make your move stress-free.
- Family services: We cater to the unique needs of families while they move to their new home in Lebanon.
- Auto transport services: Shipping your vehicle has never been more secure and far from complex. Try us!
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
So, you have done your search on shipping companies and ask yourself why you should settle on A-1 Auto Transport. Let us say something about us:
- We are one of the most experienced players in the shipping industry with an experience of over 20 years.
- We have expanded our operations to cover most destinations around the world, Lebanon included.
- We have a professional team that is dedicated to make your move stress-free, from start to finish.
- Most of our clients are happy with our services and up to 97% rate us highly and refer us to more clients. This shows they have confidence in us and we hope you will too!
Get in touch, get moving!
We encourage you to fill-in the form at the top of the page. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information on the available Lebanon International Moving Services. Call us on 888-509-3213 or get in-touch using the contact details provided here.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Lebanon” page.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Lebanon” page.
- Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Lebanon” page. and http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3730
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.