- Laos International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Laos?
- Hauling Costs
- Duty Fees And Taxes
- Moving To Laos Cost & Time Examples
- Duties Required For Household Items
- Documents Required For Household Items
- Duties Required For Vehicles
- Documents Required For Vehicles
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Laos International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get In Touch!
Laos International Moving Services
Relocation is a concept that is not new to many international companies or individuals who may want to settle in a different country. However, it is a task that requires a lot of things to be put into consideration and preparations made in advance. To easily navigate through this process, do not undertake it on your own but rather seek assistance from professional moving companies that provide international moving services. Preferably settle for a company that will also ship your car to Laos.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Laos?
The cost of moving internationally to Laos can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on a variety of factors such as the size of move, total distance, route, transportation method and current market trends.
Depending on the number of bedrooms, moving to Laos can cost between $3,900 and $8,200. Your transfer cost may be affected by a variety of factors. These factors can be taken into account when budgeting for your move. When you calculate the transfer costs, you include hauling charges, taxes, and moving insurance. Based on your knowledge of these factors, you might be able to lower the price range by using your knowledge.
You cannot guarantee your items' safety during the transfer process because many events could disrupt it. Assuming that you do have a policy to protect you in case of a loss or damage, however, having that policy could help mitigate worries. Insurance premiums are based on a variety of factors, such as the type of coverage and how the policy is transferred. There will also be additional costs involved with moving your possessions, and some companies may require you to purchase multiple insurance policies to cover your possessions.
It can be quite costly to move a lot of cargo on board. Customized packaging can also increase the price of your items, depending on the approaches and techniques used when packaging your items. A shared space transfer may be a wise choice when you're looking for ways to reduce moving costs.
Duty Fees and Taxes
If the transfer involves higher duties and customs fees, you may have to pay them. You are responsible for paying for your items because these regulations protect them. Depending on the circumstances, you may spend above $1000 on duty costs alone. In addition, you may need an attorney to assist you, which could result in even higher costs. If the items you will be moving have a higher value, duty and customs fees will be higher.
Moving to Laos Cost & Time Examples
|Seattle to Savannakhét||$5,200- $7,200||$9,700- $13,200||5-7 weeks|
|San Jose to Vientiane||$5,500- $7,500||$10,200- $13,800||5-7 weeks|
|Portland to Vientiane||$5,800- $7,800||$10,600- $14,300||5-7 weeks|
|Miami to Vientiane||$5,800- $7,900||$10,900- $14,600||6-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Vientiane||$6,100- $8,300||$11,200- $15,100||5-7 weeks|
|Dallas to Savannakhét||$6,100- $8,300||$11,400- $15,300||6-8 weeks|
|Detroit to Vientiane||$6,300- $8,600||$11,600- $15,600||6-8 weeks|
|Atlanta to Vientiane||$6,400- $8,700||$11,800- $15,800||6-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Vientiane||$6,600- $9,100||$12,400- $16,600||6-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Vientiane||$6,900- $9,300||$12,700- $17,100||6-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties required for household items
On the topic of receiving duty exemption from customs, reputable sources diverge. One states that as long as you have a Work Permit, and your employer has a business and investment license - you can obtain import duty exemption (1). The Association of International Movers disagrees, guiding that only foreigners employed by NGOs are eligible for exemption (2).
If exemption isn’t possible in your case, then you can expect to pay the full duty rate - even on your used household goods. Contact customs to learn the most up-to-date information regarding the current duty rates being charged.
Documents required for household items
You must provide a valid Work Visa, as well as a letter from your employer. A copy of your employer’s investment license, along with either their or your business license is required. The Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for your shipment and your passport must be shown as well. If you’ll be applying for duty exemption, then a letter written by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs must be provided (3).
Duties required for vehicles
Here sources agree that duty exemption for vehicle imports, is only available for diplomats or those working for an NGO (4). Otherwise, expensive taxes and duties apply. These can reach as high as 300% of the vehicle’s purchase price. In addition, the vehicle import process is intricate and moves slowly. Therefore, some sources recommended that you don’t bring a vehicle with you, when relocating to Laos (5).
Documents required for vehicles
The vehicle’s title and registration (from the origin country) must be given to customs. A valid letter of employment and your import permission should also be presented. The Original Bill of Lading is required as well. Finally, paperwork detailing the engine number and size, color, year of production and vehicle model is mandatory documentation (6).
The above discussion isn’t exhaustive, and other regulations, fees and paperwork will apply. For this reason, when importing your household goods and vehicle into Laos - it’s important that you first discuss your move with customs.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Putting the following factors into place will make your move easier:
- Research: Get as much information, related to relocating to Laos, as possible Make good use of information available such as on the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website.
- Proper packaging: This will enable the moving company to handle, store and transport your belongings with ease.
- Document preparation: This will save you a lot of time and avoid last minute rushes. Processing of documents will also be made easier.
- Liaise with the moving company: Availing documents and details to the moving company and paying your bill on time will enable them to act on your order swiftly.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
When relocating, you may have moments of uncertainty. You need a confident move. Hiring the services of an experienced moving company will give you that much needed confidence since you will be making guided steps throughout your journey. A good shipping company will be familiar with all the rules that govern your destination. They will also assist you in safely transporting your goods and provide updates of the shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
There are many moving companies in the industry but you need to find one that will meet your need in the best way possible. The search for the best international moving company may not be easy but you may take the following factors into consideration while conducting your search:
- Is the company trustworthy and licensed to ship internationally?
- Does the company meet the legal requirements to provide Laos International Moving Services?
- Does the company have a base in Laos? This will assist you to get storage services from them instead of looking for another holding company.
- Is the moving company insured and does the cover include third parties?
Our Laos international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We provide packing supplies upon request as well as packing and unpacking services.
- Commercial moving: There is no company too big or too small for us to move.
- Office moves: Make your move to your new territory easy and quick with us. We will have you settled in and ready for business in no time at all.
- Apartment moves: Your new apartment at Laos awaits you and we wait to help you settle-in soon.
- Planning and preparation: We are your experienced guide throughout your relocation process, from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: We are familiar with the requirements to get Laos visas and will provide you with the assistance you need.
- Housing assistance: We go out of our way to ensure you are provided with top-notch housing services.
- Family services: We offer affordable and suitable services that will cater to your family’s unique needs.
- Auto transport services: Shipping a car to Laos may be difficult but it is not impossible. It is made far from complex when you hire our services.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We at A-1 Auto Transport understand that you need to make a move that does not set you far back financially. That is why we offer you with the most competitive pricing. You may get an estimate of your shipping cost by getting an instant quote from us. You get value for your money by moving with us. We are experienced and work hard to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations. The confidence our customers have in us is shown by the fact that 97% of them refer us to other clients. All our services, including Laos International Moving Services, are designed to ensure that you get the best service in the industry.
Get in touch!
Do you need more information on our Laos International Moving Services? We would definitely love to hear from you! Give us a call on 888-509-3213. Our support team is available 24/7 and is ready to assist you. Alternatively, write us a message using the details provided here and we will get back to you as-soon-as-possible.