Kuwait International Moving Services
International moving is required when a company or an individual have to transport their belongings or inventory from one country to another. The need for such international moving services is met by international moving companies. These moving companies assist their clients in making their move hassle-free. They assist in transportation, packing and unpacking, moving and storing of goods. While shipping a car to Kuwait may involve challenges posed by the numerous protocols, a reputable moving company will be capable of making this process stress-free for you.
Moving to Kuwait Cost & Time Examples
|Houston to Al Ahmadi||$3,700- $6,300||$7,200- $11,800||4-8 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Ḩawallī||$4,000- $6,600||$7,400- $12,300||4-8 weeks|
|LA to Al Ahmadi||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,700||5-9 weeks|
|San Jose to Al Ahmadi||$4,100- $6,800||$7,800- $12,800||5-9 weeks|
|Charlotte to Ḩawallī||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,700||4-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Ḩawallī||$4,500- $7,400||$8,300- $13,700||4-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Ḩawallī||$4,500- $7,500||$8,400- $13,900||5-9 weeks|
|Chicago to Al Ahmadi||$4,700- $7,800||$8,800- $14,400||4-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Al Ahmadi||$4,700- $7,900||$8,900- $14,700||5-9 weeks|
|Denver to Al Ahmadi||$6,100- $10,100||$11,200- $18,500||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties required on shipments of household items
It is possible to bring some personal goods into Kuwait, without paying duty. However, you must bring these items into the country via air, in order to receive this exemption. For shipments over the water, a duty of 5% will apply (even for used household belongings) (1).
It isn’t clear whether permanent or long-term import is available. For temporary imports, you must have permission to import your goods, before they arrive in the country. This takes the form of a Temporary Import License (2).
Paperwork required for shipments of household items
Before your shipment can enter Kuwait, you’ll need to submit your passport, packing list and Temporary Import License (if applicable). A copy of your civilian identification (presumably any valid photo ID is sufficient) and your Work Permit are also required.
An authorization letter from your employer and either your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill are mandatory as well. An Itimad Towkia from the company within Kuwait that is sponsoring your stay should also be presented (3). More documentation will be required by customs, and you can see at least a partial list here.
Duties required for vehicles
If you wish to bring a personal vehicle into the country, your employer must do so on your behalf. The import duty rate is 5% of the vehicle’s value, unless you have diplomatic status (in which case duty is waived). Customs also forbids the importation of vehicles manufactured over five years ago (4).
Paperwork required for vehicles
You’ll need to have the commercial invoice (or perhaps a Bill of Sale) and a Certificate of Import. Documents proving your ownership of the vehicle and the Original Bill of Lading are also required. The traffic department in your origin country (or other similar agency) must give you a valid NOC Certificate as well.
Customs will request a GSO Certificate and Certificate of Origin, if your vehicle is new. A Mechanical Certificate and a Manufacturer Certificate are also mandatory. Finally, you’ll need to have the vehicle’s title on hand, which was issued in the origin country (5).
The customs regulations and documentation requirements are involved. Attempting to navigate the complexities you’ll face on your own, isn’t recommended. Working with an experienced international moving company like A1 Auto Transport, will ensure that no unexpected problems arise during the processing of your shipments.
It’s also an excellent idea to speak with customs directly, to get the latest information concerning their procedures.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Make your international move easier by acting on the following tips:
- Since your goods will be handled frequently, it is best to pack them well using options such as crating or boxing. This will make it easier to handle, store and transport them.
- Prepare your documents well in advance so as to enable easy processing.
- Liaise with the moving company and establish a good relationship. Maintaining good communication enables you to clearly state your needs as you move from state-to-state. You will also avoid any disappointments since your expectations will be communicated and action taken to meet them.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
International moving involves a lot of tasks such as packing and unpacking, document preparation, customs clearance, transportation of your valuables and visa applications, just to mention a few. To make this process hassle-free and lessen your burden, it is advisable to hire the services of a professional moving company. Such a firm will provide you with the much needed support to make your relocation easier. In stages of your international move where you may be faced with uncertainty, they will be able to offer you with the necessary guidance.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The number of international moving companies has increased in the recent past. This makes clients spoilt for choice when it comes to finding the best international moving company. When seeking a moving company that will provide you with the best Kuwait International Moving Services, you have to consider a number of factors. These include: The ratings and testimonials from previous clients which indicate the company’s ability to meet and exceed expectations. Find out if they are licensed to ship to Kuwait. You may also request for a quote and determine if the cost matches the benefits you will receive.
Our Kuwait international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We ease the burden of moving and help you pack all your precious commodities and ensure they have all been unpacked once we get to Kuwait.
- Commercial moving: Our specialty also includes helping commercial entities move to Kuwait.
- Office moves: We move with you and enable you to set-up shop in a hassle-free manner.
- Apartment moves: We transport all your valuables safely to your new apartment.
- Planning and preparation: We know that preparation is important for you to make a well-planned move and we are here to guide you every step of the way.
- Visa and immigration services: We are well acquainted with the requirements on immigration and visas and do our best to help you gain entry into Kuwait.
- Housing assistance: We have a reliable and professional team that goes out of their way to provide you with housing assistance.
- Family services: Families feel at home with us as we offer top-notch services to cater to their needs.
- Auto transport services: We are well acquainted with all the regulations and requirements related to importing cars to Kuwait and we will guide you accordingly.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
When conducting your search, are some of your main priorities to have an experienced, reliable and affordable moving company assist you? Look no further! We at A-1 Auto Transport have been in operation for over 30 years and we guarantee you satisfaction and ease of mind that we will deliver your goods and our promises too! Our quality service delivery can be proven by our client’s support as they refer us to other clients seeking moving services. We hope that you too will choose to partner with us.
We will also give you a free, no obligations attached quote for our Kuwait international moving services.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. You are welcome to give us a call on 888-509-3213 or write to us using the contact details provided here. We will be able to provide more information or clarification on our Kuwait International Moving Services.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Kuwait” page.
- http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3676 and Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Kuwait” page.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Kuwait” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇰🇼 Kuwait, (KW)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇰🇼 Kuwait, (KW)
🇰🇼 Kuwait, (KW)
🇰🇼 Kuwait, (KW)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- 3 Tips For Moving Back To SchoolAcclimating After Moving To Another CountyAdams State University Moving ServicesAfter The Move: Painting Your HomeAlabama Agricultural and Mechanical University Moving ServicesAlabama State University Moving ServicesAlbany State University Moving ServicesAlcorn State University Moving ServicesAppalachian State University Moving ServicesApproximate Moving Cost CalculatorArizona State University Downtown Phoenix Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Polytechnic Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Tempe Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University West Campus Moving ServicesArkansas State University Moving ServicesArkansas Tech University (ATU) Moving ServicesArmstrong State University Moving ServicesAthens State University Moving ServicesAuburn University at Montgomery Moving ServicesAuburn University Moving ServicesAugusta University Moving ServicesBall State University Moving ServicesBari, ItalyBemidji State University Moving ServicesBest Questions To Ask Local Movers
- Moving To AfghanistanMoving To AlbaniaMoving To AlgeriaMoving To AndorraMoving To AngolaMoving To Antigua and BarbudaMoving To ArgentinaMoving To ArmeniaMoving To AustraliaMoving To AustriaMoving To AzerbaijanMoving To BahamasMoving To BahrainMoving To BangladeshMoving To BarbadosMoving To BelarusMoving To BelgiumMoving To BelizeMoving To BeninMoving To BhutanMoving To BoliviaMoving To Bosnia And HerzegovinaMoving To BotswanaMoving To BrazilMoving To Brunei
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August