Kiribati International Moving Services
The subject of moving is always strange to many until one decides to deliberately or out of circumstances move from one location to settle in another area. You might have wished away the whole issue because for you, it’s just like jumping on the next track and get a few guys for hire to help you move your items to your destination. It is not as easy. You need the indulgence of professionals who offer international moving services as they have the expertise and manpower to undertake such a process. Be sure to settle for a company that will also ship your car safely to your new destination.
Moving to Kiribati Cost & Time Examples
|Los Angeles to Betio||$4,300 - $5,900||$8,100 - $10,900||5-7 weeks|
|Seattle to Tarawa||$4,300 - $5,900||$8,100 - $10,900||5-7 weeks|
|Portland to Tarawa||$4,600 - $6,300||$8,400 - $11,500||5-7 weeks|
|Miami to Tarawa||$4,700 - $6,400||$8,800 - $11,900||6-8 weeks|
|New York to Tarawa||$4,700 - $6,400||$8,800 - $11,900||6-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Betio||$4,900 - $6,600||$9,100 - $12,300||5-7 weeks|
|Charlotte to Tarawa||$5,100 - $7,000||$9,600 - $13,000||6-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Tarawa||$5,200 - $7,200||$9,800 - $13,200||6-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Tarawa||$5,600 - $7,500||$10,400 - $13,900||6-8 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Betio||$5,800 - $7,800||$10,700 - $14,400||6-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Household belongings and import duty
In 2014 Kiribati took the bold step of removing all import duties or tariffs for goods entering the country. Kiribati’s import duties were replaced with excise tax and value-added tax (VAT) instead, and the rates for these vary (1). While the replacement of duties with taxes applies to the import of commercial goods – it seems to pertain to all personal belongings as well. Unfortunately, there isn’t much information concerning how much tax you’ll pay, for shipments of household items. However, it’s clear that excise tax and VAT typically apply.
That said, it appears that these taxes can be waived on up to $200 worth of personal goods. You’re also permitted to include up to 250 grams of tobacco (or a total of 200 cigarettes or less) and 2.25 liters of alcohol or 4 liters of wine in your luggage. Whether these count towards the allowable $200 value limit of personal goods isn’t clear – though it seems unlikely (2).
Since these regulations only cover small quantities of goods in your personal baggage, they don’t inform you about the charges for full shipments of household items. Therefore, if you’re planning to relocate to Kiribati and bring your belongings with you, you’ll need to contact customs for more information.
Household belongings and import documents
There currently isn’t any information available from reputable sources, concerning the paperwork you’ll need to ship household belongings to Kiribati. For this reason, you’re once again advised to speak with customs, to discover what documents they require during the clearance process.
Vehicles and import duty
Presumably the policy removing all import duties applies to personal vehicles as well. Whether you will pay excise tax and VAT isn’t known, though the chances are good. Consult customs on this point, as they should be able to provide details about the charges your vehicle shipment will face. In addition, be aware that you’ll need to import a right-hand drive vehicle, since Kiribati is a country that drives on the left side of the road (3).
Vehicles and import documents
If you’ll be shipping a vehicle to Kiribati, be prepared to show the purchase receipt and your passport. The Original Bill of Lading for the vehicle shipment is also certainly required. The vehicle registration and an Import Permit may be necessary as well (4). Additional paperwork could also be mandatory, but once again there’s a dearth of information. This means that the only viable option is to speak directly with customs about your shipment.
How do you make your international move easier?
You will need to have your items packed in the best way possible by a professional who ensures that you have no breakages and that space is maximally utilized.
Of importance also are the shipping documents that you need to have for you to move all valuables from your current location to your new destination. These are documents like import permit, a passport, visa application, purchase invoice and all other registration paperwork.
Our Kiribati International Moving Services will factor in all these requirements and we will take you through the process and advise you accordingly. This will ensure that you plan for all details, including your finances, well in advance thus avoiding last minute surprises.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Moving from one state or town to another is a bit easier with a good moving company. However, moving internationally comes with its peculiar challenges. Here, the country of destination logistics comes into play; you need guidance on Visa application process and the international shipping requirements that must be followed to avoid frustrations and penalties. That is why you need a reliable and tested partner like A-1 Auto Transport services who will walk with you all the way. We have the best shipping equipment for all sizes and quantities; we ensure that you, your loved ones, and your belongings are covered and thus you have no worries.
How to find the best international moving company
There are a few parameters that a moving company must meet for it to be found worthy. A good company should be clear on its service costs and no hidden charges. It can be very frustrating when you have spent to the last penny and someone pulls some extra charges. This is why you need to make that clear before you begin the process. A good international moving company must have the requisite permits to transact business both within and in the destination country and therefore should provide you with a certificate of doing business in both. A suitable mover must have presence in the countries involved and have contacts in countries all over the world; they should show proof of having done business in those countries. Choosing the right company will make the process hassle-free and assure you of safe delivery at the most competitive rate. With our Kiribati International Moving Services, you can rest assured that everything is in order.
Our Kiribati International Moving Services
- We do planning and preparation: We ensure that you have all what you need to move before-hand so that you do not have much to do. We advise and assist you in packing and unpacking your valuables in the best way possible.
- Office moves: We will assist you to move your office with fewer disturbances and ensure that you have no breakages at all. Safe delivery is our priority.
- Apartment moves: moving from one apartment to another can be very tedious; you need the services of a professional mover. This is our area of expertise.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport is your trusted partner who is always ready and willing to walk with you. We will give you advice and will help you plan for your moving. We have been rated as the best international mover and have a steady customer-base who have enjoyed our services and continue to refer us to others. Our customer service team is well trained and highly motivated to handle your queries wherever you are and whenever you need them.
Contact us today
Feel free to enquire about our Kiribati International Moving Services. You can call us on 888-509-3213 or via the details provided here. Do also fill-out our form on-top of the page for easy follow-up on your request. We are happy to serve you and ensure that you have the best experience.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇰🇮 Kiribati, (KI)
Our Services and Information
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- 3 Tips For Moving Back To SchoolAcclimating After Moving To Another CountyAdams State University Moving ServicesAfter The Move: Painting Your HomeAlabama Agricultural and Mechanical University Moving ServicesAlabama State University Moving ServicesAlbany State University Moving ServicesAlcorn State University Moving ServicesAppalachian State University Moving ServicesApproximate Moving Cost CalculatorArizona State University Downtown Phoenix Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Polytechnic Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Tempe Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University West Campus Moving ServicesArkansas State University Moving ServicesArkansas Tech University (ATU) Moving ServicesArmstrong State University Moving ServicesAthens State University Moving ServicesAuburn University at Montgomery Moving ServicesAuburn University Moving ServicesAugusta University Moving ServicesBall State University Moving ServicesBari, ItalyBemidji State University Moving ServicesBest Questions To Ask Local Movers
- Moving To AfghanistanMoving To AlbaniaMoving To AlgeriaMoving To AndorraMoving To AngolaMoving To Antigua and BarbudaMoving To ArgentinaMoving To ArmeniaMoving To AustraliaMoving To AustriaMoving To AzerbaijanMoving To BahamasMoving To BahrainMoving To BangladeshMoving To BarbadosMoving To BelarusMoving To BelgiumMoving To BelizeMoving To BeninMoving To BhutanMoving To BoliviaMoving To Bosnia And HerzegovinaMoving To BotswanaMoving To BrazilMoving To Brunei
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September