Kenya International Moving Services
Traveling the world has become easier due to the good diplomatic ties between countries and the availability of different transport options. Individuals can travel to another country to fulfill their personal or career goals. Companies can operate in new territories. International moving involves transporting goods from one country to another via suitable modes of transport. Relocation may be a lengthy process and therefore, international moving services will come in handy. To start life in your new location, you may need some of your belongings for your own convenience.
When you use the services of a reliable mover, you can ship your car to Kenya in a hassle-free manner.
Moving to Kenya Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Mombasa||$3,600- $6,000||$6,800- $11,300||4-8 weeks|
|Houston to Nairobi||$4,000- $6,600||$7,500- $12,200||4-8 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Nairobi||$4,000- $6,700||$7,500- $12,300||4-8 weeks|
|Detroit to Mombasa||$4,000- $6,700||$7,600- $12,500||4-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Mombasa||$4,100- $6,800||$7,800- $13,000||5-9 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Nairobi||$4,400- $7,300||$8,400- $13,900||5-9 weeks|
|Portland to Nairobi||$4,600- $7,700||$8,900- $14,500||5-9 weeks|
|Chicago to Nairobi||$4,900- $8,100||$9,100- $14,900||4-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Nairobi||$5,100- $8,500||$9,600- $15,900||5-9 weeks|
|Denver to Nairobi||$6,400- $10,700||$12,000- $19,700||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Does Kenya levy import duties?
It appears that you can receive duty exemption on your household belongings, if you meet certain criteria. First, you must bring the items into Kenya, no later than 3 months after obtaining your Work Permit. Second, you must have owned and personally used them for at least the last 12 months.
Third, all paperwork pertaining to your shipment must be mailed (using express delivery) a minimum of 15 days before your goods enter port. Finally, you aren’t permitted to transfer ownership, lend out to others or get rid of these goods while in the country (1).
Does Kenya require specific documentation?
You must give customs your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill, along with your passport. A valid Work Permit and/or Residence Permit are also required. Your PIN number or taxpayer registration certificate should also be shown. A full inventory that includes the monetary values of your items is necessary as well. A separate packing list and a Form C-18 must also be provided (2). You may also need a Power of Attorney and a Bank Release (3).
Does Kenya levy import duties on vehicles?
If you’re planning to bring a vehicle with you when relocating, you’ll be pleased to hear that duty exemption is available. To be eligible, you must have a Work Permit that’s good for a minimum of 2 years. It also appears that it must be your first time either entering the country or moving to Kenya. Customs also mandates that you own the vehicle for at least 12 months, and that it have under 2,500 cc’s of power. The time limit for duty-free importation is 90 days after you arrive in Kenya.
If you’re granted exemption, then you aren’t permitted to sell the vehicle for a minimum of 12 months. Also, be aware that demurrage (or storage) fees can apply. To avoid long storage times, it’s recommended that you mail or file all paperwork at least one month ahead of your shipment’s planned arrival (4).
Does Kenya require specific documentation for vehicles?
When customs is processing your vehicle, they will request an Import Declaration Form and a Certificate of Conformity. Your Work Permit and passport must also be presented. Your PIN number, vehicle logbook (showing maintenance records and more) and the vehicle’s registration are all mandatory as well (5).
This treatment of the details involved when moving to Kenya isn’t comprehensive in scope. Many other regulations and filing requirements are pertinent, and you can discover these by contacting customs.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Relocation can be overwhelming but by taking action on the following handy tips, you can make your international move easier:
If you are moving with your pet, it would be advisable to seek the services of a pet mover. This gives you more reliability should the airline make last minute changes and deny entry to your pet.
- Start planning and preparing for your move well in advance and attend to all tasks with equal importance and urgency. A golden rule is to start your preparation process as early as three months before the move.
- Familiarize yourself with the shipping rules and regulations so that you may act within the stated regulations.
- To avoid the hassle of making a self-move, get a reliable mover to help you through the relocation process.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
There are a number of benefits of hiring moving companies. In general, you will have a hassle-free experience while relocating because they will take up the tasks related to you move. By hiring Kenya International Moving Services, these are the benefits you will get:
- Guidance on the shipping process.
- Assistance in moving the goods, helping you to avoid back injuries.
- You may have spent money to get the services but you will enjoy having more time to attend to other tasks since the mover will handle your move.
- You will get safe storage space from the mover, unlike when making a self-move where you need to seek for a holding facility.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The journey will be a long one and you need to hire the services of an international mover who will handle your request in the best way possible. Hire Kenya International Moving Services from a company which is licensed to ship to Kenya and has substantial experience and knowledge of the shipping regulations in that country. You can also do comparison of the costs after requesting for quotes and determining which company will offer you with value for your money.
Our Kenya international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We have a very able team to assist you in packing and unpacking
- Commercial moving: So long as you are shipping non-prohibited goods, we are capable of helping your commercial entity make the move.
- Office moves: We have proper facilities to store, handle and transport your office inventory.
- Apartment moves: We ship your belongings to your new home in Kenya in the most convenient and reliable way.
- Planning and preparation: Making a move requires adequate planning and preparation and we help you in making the right steps from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: We guide you through the process of gaining entry into Kenya.
- Housing assistance: We offer pocket-friendly housing services.
- Family services: New adventures await you and your family and we take up the tasks related to your move, freeing you up to have a good time together.
- Auto transport services: We advise you on the documents required to ship your car to Kenya and deliver your car safely to your port of choice.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Here are some things that make A-1 Auto Transport better than the other international movers:
- We are experienced and we are the trusted choice of many.
- We offer free, non-obligation quotes upon request.
- We offer more than the simple delivery services; we offer additional services to make the move hassle-free for you.
- We have met and exceeded the expectations of our clients. Many are sure that they made the right choice and point others seeking moving services to us.
Get In Touch!
We encourage you to fill-out the form at the top of the page. If you require more information on our Kenya International Moving Services, you could also call us on 888-509-3213.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Kenya” page. (2) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3678 (3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Kenya” page. (4) Ibid. (5) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3678
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org