Kazakhstan International Moving Services
International moving is the process in which an individual or company transfers their goods from one country to another. International moving services are best provided by reputable and licensed moving firms since this guarantees you that your goods will be transported safely. Shipping your car, or any other valuables, should be stress-free and this will only be achieved if you rely on the services of a professional moving company.
Moving to Kazakhstan Cost & Time Examples
|Portland to Almaty||$8,000- $13,100||$14,500- $23,800||6-10 weeks|
|LA to Almaty||$7,700- $12,700||$14,100- $23,100||6-10 weeks|
|Dallas to Karaganda||$7,600- $12,500||$13,800- $22,500||5-9 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Almaty||$8,200- $13,600||$15,000- $24,600||6-10 weeks|
|Seattle to Karaganda||$7,600- $12,500||$13,800- $22,500||6-10 weeks|
|Miami to Karaganda||$7,100- $11,700||$12,900- $21,100||5-9 weeks|
|New York to Almaty||$7,300- $12,000||$13,200- $21,600||5-9 weeks|
|Charlotte to Almaty||$7,700- $12,700||$13,900- $22,800||5-9 weeks|
|Columbus to Almaty||$8,100- $13,200||$14,700- $23,900||5-9 weeks|
|Memphis to Almaty||$8,100- $13,200||$14,500- $23,900||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties to import your household items
Customs does not offer duty exemption, even on used household items being brought into the country. You’ll be required to pay the standard rate of 40 - 45%, and this amount also includes value-added tax (VAT). Be aware that this will be charged on the value of your goods, plus the cost to ship and insure them (termed the CIF value) (1).
The only exception is for shipments from Russia or Belarus - but presumably this is just for residents of those countries. You can contact customs to confirm this information, if it is applicable in your situation (2).
Paperwork to import your household items
Customs will ask to see a comprehensive inventory, and the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for your shipment. A visa is also required, along with a customs declaration form. You must also provide an EC-POA that has been written on official company letterhead by your employer. If your shipment weighs more than 200 kilograms, then a separate Letter of Employment and a brokerage agreement should be presented (3).
Duties to import your vehicle
Unfortunately, duty exemption for permanent vehicle imports isn’t offered. Expect to pay import taxes, duties and customs fees. These will be determined by when your vehicle was made, the model and the size of its engine. A value-added tax (VAT) of 12% will also be assessed on any vehicle imports (4). Finally, certain vehicles may have an extra excise tax levied on them by customs.
It may be possible to import your vehicle temporarily instead (for up to 12 months) - though it isn’t clear whether duty is charged in this instance. You will, however, definitely pay a special (and separate) fee of roughly 0.2% for temporary importation (5).
Paperwork to import your vehicle
Before your vehicle can enter Kazakhstan, you must give a pro-forma invoice to customs. This should include the year it was manufactured, model, chassis and engine numbers, value and even the vehicle’s color. A technical passport is also needed, along with a Certificate of Title for the vehicle.
Your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill, as well as a customs declaration are mandatory documentation. If you are planning to import your vehicle temporarily, then you also must submit a Commitment Letter (6).
Though you now have a good picture of the documents and fees involved when moving to Kazakhstan - this discussion isn’t exhaustive. You should also be aware, that many additional regulations apply. For this reason, you ought to give customs a call before moving, to ensure that you’ve met all of their requirements.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Moving overseas involves numerous procedures and preparations. You can however, have a hassle-free experience if you plan and prepare well. The following tips will enable you make your international move easier:
- Plan and prepare well: Know the delivery times so as to avoid last minute rush and also prepare your valuables as well as the required documents in a presentable manner.
- Get informed: All necessary information can be found at the Embassy of Kazakhstan or in the Kazakhstan customs page and the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website as well as from other relevant authorities.
- Liaise with the moving company and communicate all information relevant to your relocation to them. Select the delivery option that will best suit your needs to enable easy transportation to your destination.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating overseas may be something new to you so you will need to be guided by someone who is familiar with shipping to your new destination. A professional moving company will be one that offers you reliable services as well as advice and guidance throughout the whole process from start to finish. When seeking Kazakhstan International Moving Services, work with a firm that is familiar with the rules that govern shipping to that destination and that can advise you accordingly.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
While your search may reveal that there are a number of international moving companies, you need to narrow-down to those that offer exemplary and reliable services. Their expertise may be indicated by the number of years they have been in operation, their ratings and if they possess the relevant credentials. A moving company that also has an office or warehouse at your destination country will likely offer you better services. To pin-point the best firm offering Kazakhstan International Moving Services, do plenty of research to determine what service is covered under the packages offered.
Our Kazakhstan international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We help in packing your goods to have them ready for shipping and upon reaching their destination, we unpack them.
- Commercial moving: Big or small businesses can make a confident move with us.
- Office moves: Setting up shop in a new country is our business and we are capable of helping you do this.
- Apartment moves: Moving from one home to another or country to country, should not break your back or your bank. We help make this move easy.
- Planning and preparation: We know that for any shipping, a lot is involved such as document preparation and we are here to guide you make that big move.
- Visa and immigration services: Moving to another country is a big step and it entails a number of requirements that need to be met. We assist you in the preparation and processing of documents.
- Housing assistance: We pack, transport and unpack household goods and valuables effortlessly, making the transition easy for you.
- Family services: We offer tailor-made services to enable families move with ease.
- Auto transport services: We assist you through the paperwork and the entire shipping process. We are capable of delivering our promise of safety and reliability while delivering your car to Kazakhstan.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have a dedicated and professional team which is more than willing to guide you through your relocation. Our unmatched experience, spanning over two decades, guarantees you a trusted partner who will be with you from start to finish. We also know that you should not break your bank when seeking international moving services and it is for this reason that we offer you with competitive prices. If you require a quote, give us the details related to your shipping and we will provide one for free!
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. Give us a call on 888-509-3213. Alternatively, you can use the contact details provided here to get in touch with us. We will be sure to respond to all your queries on the Kazakhstan International Moving Services or any other services you may be interested in.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Kazakhstan” page. (2) https://www.iamovers.org/files/newimages/member/shippers/kazakhstan.pdf (3) Ibid. (4) Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Kazakhstan” page. and Moverscom “Moving to Kazakhstan” page. (5) https://www.iamovers.org/files/newimages/member/shippers/kazakhstan.pdf (6) Ibid.