- Jordan International Moving Services
- Moving To Jordan Cost & Time Examples
- Household Belongings And Import Duties
- Household Belongings And Import Paperwork
- Vehicles And Import Duties
- Vehicles And Import Paperwork
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Jordan International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Make The Right Move!
Jordan International Moving Services
International moving is required when a business or individual needs to relocate to a different country. This can at times be a long, daunting process and that is where professional firms who provide international moving services come in. If you would like to move to Jordan, such a company can assist you move household goods, office inventory or ship your car.
Moving to Jordan Cost & Time Examples
|Houston to Amman||$3,900- $6,600||$7,300- $12,200||4-8 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Zarqa||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,700||4-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Amman||$4,200- $6,900||$8,000- $13,100||5-9 weeks|
|Detroit to Amman||$4,200- $7,200||$8,100- $13,200||4-8 weeks|
|San Diego to Zarqa||$4,400- $7,200||$8,100- $13,400||5-9 weeks|
|Atlanta to Amman||$4,400- $7,300||$8,200- $13,500||4-8 weeks|
|Portland to Amman||$4,500- $7,300||$8,400- $13,800||5-9 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Zarqa||$4,600- $7,700||$8,700- $14,400||5-9 weeks|
|Chicago to Amman||$4,900- $8,100||$9,100- $14,900||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Amman||$6,300- $10,300||$11,600- $18,900||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Household belongings and import duties
Reputable sources differ on this point, with the International Association of Movers saying that duty exemption is possible. You will need to have an office registration certificate on file with the Ministry of Trade and Commerce, which bears your name.
If your name is not listed on this document, then you’ll need the packing list, shipping document (which may refer to the Original Bill of Lading) and a request from customs to be exempted. Both of these scenarios require you to be entering Jordan for employment purposes (1).
Other sources disagree, stating that exemption is not available - and you will pay a 35% duty and an additional sales tax of 16%. Keep in mind these rates are charged on the combined amount of the value of your goods, the cost of shipping and insurance (CIF) (2).
Household belongings and import paperwork
Customs clearance is a detailed process and you must present the necessary paperwork before your shipment can enter Jordan. You must have an authorization letter, full packing list and either your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. If you are requesting that import duty be waived, then you’ll also need a registration certificate.
A tax identification number issued by the income tax department in the locality where you’ll be living within Jordan is required as well (3). A valid Residence Visa and Work Permit should also be shown, along with your lease or purchase agreement for a residence within the country (4).
Vehicles and import duties
It doesn’t appear that import duties on vehicles can be exempted, at least on vehicles imported on a permanent basis. While the sources consulted don’t specify an exact figure, the duty rates are quite high - and additional taxes and VAT apply (5).
You can, however, import your vehicle temporarily for up to six months, without paying any duty on it. Certain regulations apply, including the requirement that you have a Department of Motor Vehicles registration that’s good for a minimum of six months. You also must apply for and obtain a temporary entry permit, and this permit must be renewed after 3 months. Your vehicle also must have license plates affixed on it, which are made of metal and from your origin country (6).
Vehicles and import paperwork
Customs will require your Original Bill of Lading, as well as a temporary entry permit (if you won’t be importing your vehicle permanently). The registration and title for your vehicle also must be provided (7). A purchase invoice and customs import declaration form should be submitted as well (8).
While this overview of the customs process gives you a good idea of what to expect, not all applicable regulations, documentation and fees have been covered. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you consult customs, before shipping any items to Jordan.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Making an international move does not necessarily have to be hectic. The following tips can guide you to make this a smooth process:
- Research on what is required when relocating. You may get resources at the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) and other relevant authorities or agencies. You also need to research on the rules governing your destination as well as search for the best moving company that will meet your needs and match your budget.
- Package your goods in a way that allows for easy storage and movement. If you have any fragile items, be sure to indicate this.
- To enjoy smooth document processing, prepare them well in advance and present them as and when required.
- Liaise with the moving company and keep your lines of communication open in order to avoid disappointments.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Moving to a new location may be a hard task to do alone. You need someone who can assist you in packing and unpacking, transportation and document processing. A professional moving company will provide you with services to make your moving day less overwhelming from start to finish. Be sure to find one that has experience in offering Jordan International Moving Services.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
When you are making an international move, you need to hire the best moving company. You need one that will offer secure and reliable transportation for your goods as well as courteous personnel who will handle your requests. To find the best international moving company, do some research and find out if the company is licensed to ship to Jordan. Also, check the company’s ratings to get an idea of its performance and also find out if their insurance covers third parties. When seeking moving services, request for estimates of the cost of shipping and match this against the type of service they provide.
Our Jordan international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We have packing supplies that make the move easy.
- Commercial moving: It is our business to help your business move and settle down quickly in Jordan.
- Office moves: We can assist you relocate your office and facilitate for an easy transition.
- Apartment moves: Settling into your new home should be stress-free and we help you achieve this.
- Planning and preparation: We know time is essential when making an international move and help you to plan and prepare for the big move.
- Visa and immigration services: When moving to Jordan, there are a number of visa entry requirements and we offer guidance on how to gain entry into Jordan.
- Housing assistance: Moving from house-to-house need not break your back. Our team is dedicated to help you have a smooth move.
- Family services: We know that an international move for the family is a big deal and we can handle the small and big details around this.
Auto transport services: Moving your automobile in a safe and reliable way is what you are looking for and that is exactly what we offer. We deliver services that prove that it is totally worth the cost shipping vehicles to Jordan through professionals.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
When looking for a firm that offers Jordan International Moving Services, you want one that has stood the test of time and is the best compared to the rest. A-1 Auto Transport meets this definition. With hands-on experience spanning over 20 years and a reliable and professional team, your expectations will be met and exceeded. We are also available to you 24/7 should you need to get in touch. We offer you the most competitive prices and will give you a free quote so that you may get an estimate of the cost of your move.
Make the right move!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. You will be one step away from making the right move. We are also a call away and available 24/7 on 888-509-3213 to answer any question you have on our Jordan International Moving Services or to provide you with advice. You can also get in touch using the contact details provided here.
(1) Country Guide: Jordan (2) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Jordan” page. (3) Country Guide: Jordan (4) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Jordan” page. (5) Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Jordan” page.