Japan International Moving Services
Changes in a business or an individual’s life may require the affected business or person to relocate. This means they have to move from one country to another, along with their belongings. Professional moving companies provide international moving services which include packing and unpacking, transportation, storage, among other things all geared at helping their clients move with ease. Whether you are shipping a car to Japan so as to use it over your short stay or moving there permanently, you can benefit from moving services.
Moving to Japan Cost & Time Examples
|LA to Tokyo||$4,000 - $5,500||$7,500 - $10,200||4-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Yokohama||$4,000 - $5,500||$7,500 - $10,200||4-6 weeks|
|Boston to Yokohama||$4,600 - $6,400||$8,900 - $12,000||5-8 weeks|
|New York to Tokyo||$4,800 - $6,400||$8,900 - $12,000||5-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Tokyo||$4,900 - $6,700||$8,900 - $12,100||4-6 weeks|
|Charlotte to Tokyo||$5,100 - $7,100||$9,600 - $13,000||5-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Osaka||$5,300 - $7,200||$9,800 - $13,200||5-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Tokyo||$5,700 - $7,600||$10,400 - $14,000||5-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Osaka||$5,800 - $7,800||$10,800 - $14,500||5-8 weeks|
|Denver to Yokohama||$6,300 - $8,600||$11,400 - $15,400||4-6 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Import duties levied by Japanese customs
It’s possible to import your typical household belongings, without paying duty when passing through customs. To receive this type of exemption, you must have owned and personally used these items for a minimum of the last 12 months. You also must import them no later than six months after your arrival (1). Also, if you fail to fill out and turn in the required customs declaration form - then the entire shipment may be charged import duties (2).
Import documents required by Japanese customs
You are required to present Form C5360, which is the customs declaration form just mentioned. A comprehensive inventory written in either Japanese or English must be provided as well. Your passport and the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill must be shown too (3). You’ll also need a Japanese visa that’s good for at least 12 months, along with your Residence Permit. Customs will also ask for the address within the country where the shipment will be delivered (4).
Import duties levied on vehicles
If you’ll be transferring your residence to Japan, then it may be possible to import your vehicle without incurring duty. To do so, your vehicle must adhere to Japanese pollution and technical standards - and modification will be required. This process is costly (prices can range from 500,000 to 800,000 Japanese yen). You’re also not permitted to sell the vehicle for a full 2 years after bringing it into Japan.
If you fail to meet any of these requisites, than expect to pay a 5% import duty on your vehicle (5).
Import documents required for vehicles
You must have the purchase invoice and KANGI Form for your vehicle. A Form C-5360 (declaration form for vehicles) is also required, along with the Original Bill of Lading. Proof of insurance coverage and documents demonstrating you’ve owned the vehicle for longer than 12 months are needed as well. The vehicle’s registration and an application for automobile duty exemption must also be submitted (6).
Not all key details have been covered above and customs requirements are also subject to change. Therefore, it’s critical that you discuss your upcoming move with Japanese customs, so you don’t experience any surprises when your shipments are being processed.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
To make your international move easier, take action on the following handy tips:
- Prepare your belongings in a way that will enable ease of movement since there will be numerous loading and offloading points.
- Research on all policies and rules that will dictate your move. The Embassy of Japan will be able to give you detailed and up-to-date information.
- Prepare your documents to enable easy processing.
- Liaise with the moving company in order to be familiar with all the steps involved in your international move and what is required to make the process stress-free.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
A moving company with the requisite experience in Japan International Moving Services will make your relocation process easier. It also gives you peace of mind when dealing with trusted professionals since you know that your belongings are in safe hands and that the process will not be lengthy or include unexplainable costs. Professional moving companies will also go the extra mile and assist you in packing and unpacking your goods.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
International moving companies are many but you need to find the best and the one most trusted to offer Japan International Moving Services. You may conduct online searches or request for referrals from friends or businesses. The factors that you need to look into when conducting this search include the company’s ratings and their familiarity with the rules related to shipping to your preferred destination. You should also find out if they are insured and if they possess the required certifications related to the moving industry. Also, you should benefit from quality, reliable services so take into consideration the services that will be provided against the cost charged for this.
Our Japan International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We are glad to assist clients in packing and unpacking.
- Commercial moving: We help small or big businesses moving to Japan.
- Office moves: Big moves are not a big deal for us since we can help you set-up your office in your new location
- Apartment moves: Moving household goods from one home to another, safely and reliably, is our priority.
- Planning and preparation: We provide you with all the support and information necessary to make your move easy.
- Visa and immigration services: Visa application requires a lot of preparation and documentation. We are familiar with the visa information and can guide you on how to proceed with this step and make the journey to Japan hassle-free.
- Housing assistance: We know how exhausting it can get when moving and that is why we make it easy for you to transport, pack and unpack your goods.
- Family services: We understand that each family has unique needs and we are able to provide a custom-made package for the services that you seek.
- Auto transport services: Whether you would like to import your car on a permanent or temporary basis, we make this process as far from complex as can be.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
If reliable and pocket-friendly Japan International Moving Services is what you seek, look no further! We at A-1 Auto Transport have been in the shipping industry for over 20 years and we do our best to provide you with nothing but the best service. We know that in your search, you have come across various companies but this is why we are the better option compared to the rest:
- Our success story and ratings will give you the much needed confidence that you have made the right choice.
- We offer professional services and are available 24/7 should you need to get in touch with us.
- We offer competitive pricing as well as exemplary quality of services. What’s more, we are so confident that you will have a great experience that will offer you a quote for free.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We also welcome you to give us a call on 888-509-3213 or get in touch using the contact details provided here.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Japan” page. (2) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3669 (3) Ibid. (4) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Japan” page. (5) Ibid. (6) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3669
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org