- Israel International Moving Services
- Moving To Israel Cost & Time Examples
- Is Duty Exemption Offered On Household Goods?
- Is Paperwork Required For Household Goods?
- Is Duty Exemption Offered On Vehicles?
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Israel International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get In Touch!
Israel International Moving Services
International moving is when a company or individual transports their goods and belongings from one country to another. To make such a move, it is advisable to seek international moving services. This guarantees you a hassle-free move and you will also have peace of mind that all details, big and small, will be looked into and acted upon. You will also have confidence that your goods will be transported safely. Shipping your car to Israel or your office inventory, household goods and valuables can be easy if you hire the services of a professional moving company.
Moving to Israel Cost & Time Examples
|Houston to Jerusalem||$3,700- $6,300||$7,100- $11,700||4-8 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Haifa||$4,000- $6,600||$7,500- $12,300||4-8 weeks|
|LA to Jerusalem||$4,000- $6,700||$7,700- $12,600||5-9 weeks|
|San Jose to Jerusalem||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,700||5-9 weeks|
|Charlotte to Haifa||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,700||4-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Haifa||$4,500- $7,500||$8,500- $14,000||5-9 weeks|
|Columbus to Haifa||$4,500- $7,500||$8,400- $13,800||4-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Tel Aviv||$4,600- $7,800||$8,700- $14,400||4-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Tel Aviv||$4,800- $7,800||$8,900- $14,700||5-9 weeks|
|Denver to Jerusalem||$6,000- $10,000||$11,300- $18,500||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Is duty exemption offered on household goods?
The short answer is yes - though a number of requirements apply. Customs mandates that you have owned and personally used the household items you’re importing, for at least the last year. You’re also required to be in the country while customs is processing your shipment.
If you’ll be living in Israel temporarily, or you’re a new immigrant to the country - then you could be permitted to import up to three shipments exempt from duty. This can take place over a period of three years after you transfer residence into Israel. To be eligible, you are required to have lived in your previous country for at least 12 months. You also must have the Teudat Oleh and passport to receive duty exemption (1).
Is paperwork required for household goods?
The filing requirements for shipments of household items are fairly intensive. You’ll need to provide your Residence Visa and proof of residency within the country. This can take the form of your lease or purchase contract, for a domicile in Israel (and this must be good for at least 12 months). The booklet (called the Teudat Oleh) for new immigrants should also be submitted, if this is required in your situation.
You also should file Form MB165 and Form MB130, as well as a full packing list. If you’ll be importing any new items in your shipment, then you must attach receipts or invoices for these goods. If any belongings are under one year in age, then a EUR-1 or Certificate of Origin will also be needed. You may even need to bring copies of your divorce papers (if you are legally divorced) or show an Israeli ID card (if you are single). However, these requirements may only apply to returning citizens - so speak with customs to learn more (2).
Is duty exemption offered on vehicles?
Regrettably, only diplomats are permitted to import vehicles without paying duty. If you are classified as a new immigrant to Israel, then you’ll pay a rate between 46 to 76%. This is a discounted rate, and the exact figure that will be charged depends upon the power of your vehicle’s engine.
Additional regulations apply, such as the stipulation that your vehicle adhere to the Israeli Institute of Standards. Only left-hand drive vehicles are eligible for import, and diesel vehicle aren’t allowed (3).
You’ll be required to submit a slew of documentation, before importing your vehicle into Israel. Additional paperwork, regulations and fees also apply to shipments of household goods and vehicles. As the import process is intricate and subject to change without notice - it’s imperative that you partner with a qualified international moving company like A1 Auto Transport. You should also speak to Israeli customs directly, to confirm that all the necessary details are in place before your move.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
A lot of preparation is required when moving overseas. There are also a number of procedures while shipping goods or moving to a different country.
The following tips will enable you make your international move easier:
- Plan and prepare well: Know all the details related to your move. These include, but are not limited to: The expected shipping and delivery time, the documents required as well as the goods that may not be allowed entry to your destination.
- Get informed: To make an informed move, you need to have all the facts right. Relevant authorities such as the Embassy of Israel and the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) make such information easily accessible on their websites.
- Liaise with the moving company: Make all the particulars related to your move known so that your expectations can be met. Also, pay for the services as soon as required so that your request may be acted upon.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
While relocating overseas, you may need guidance on the rules governing shipping as well as the documents that need to be processed. A professional moving company is best suited to be your trusted guide. Such a company will make your move easier from start to finish. It is also advisable to let a reputable moving company handle the shipping of your car. A moving company which offers Israel International Moving Services will also be familiar with the rules governing shipping to Israel and offer you with relevant advice.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
To find out which mover is best for you, look into factors such as their experience, performance, rating and authorization to ship to and operate in Israel. Cost is also an important factor. You may request for quotes from moving companies offering Israel International Moving Services so as to get an estimate of the shipping cost.
Our Israel international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We go out of our way to make your move easier.
- Commercial moving: Big or small businesses can make the big move with us and get back to business.
- Office moves: It is our business to help you get back to business in your new space.
- Apartment moves: We help make your move to your apartment in Israel easy.
- Planning and preparation: We help you plan and prepare the big and small details of your move.
- Visa and immigration services: We are familiar with the rules of entry that govern Israel and we can advise you accordingly.
- Housing assistance: Our housing assistance services are available to help make your relocation easier.
- Family services: We understand that each family is unique and requires different types of service and that is why we offer tailor-made family services.
- Auto transport services: We understand that shipping a car to Israel involves a lot of processes, and that the taxes imposed make it costly. We are here to make the process less daunting for you and advise you on car insurance and approved vehicles.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
What makes A-1 Auto Transport better than the rest? We are an experienced company that has delivered great service for 20 years and that only gets better with time. We also offer the best prices in the market, offering you value for your money. Our professional team is dedicated to guide you every step of the way. We also provide shipping quotes for free and with no attached obligations. Get a quote for your Israel International Moving Services and make your move in an affordable but reliable way.
Get in touch!
We are just a phone call and a click away! Call us on 888-509-3213 or use the details included here to contact us. We can also send a free quote to you, upon request. Please fill-out the form at the top of the page.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Israel” page.
(3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Israel” page.