Ireland International Moving Services
International moving is the process by which a company or an individual transports their goods from one country to another. The need for such international moving services is met by professional movers who are equipped to enable their clients have a hassle-free move. These moving services include, but are not limited to: Transportation, packing and unpacking, moving and storage of goods. Auto transport services are also available to enable you ship your car safely and in a timely manner.
Moving to Ireland Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Cork||$3,700- $5,100||$6,900- $9,400||3-5 weeks|
|Miami to Dublin||$3,700- $5,100||$6,900- $9,400||3-5 weeks|
|Detroit to Dublin||$4,200- $5,800||$7,700- $10,400||3-5 weeks|
|Dallas to Dublin||$4,200- $5,900||$7,800- $10,700||3-5 weeks|
|San Jose to Dublin||$4,500- $6,200||$8,400- $11,300||5-7 weeks|
|Memphis to Dublin||$4,600- $6,300||$8,400- $11,300||3-5 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Cork||$4,800- $6,600||$8,700- $11,800||3-5 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Cork||$5,000- $6,900||$9,400- $12,600||5-7 weeks|
|Phoenix to Dublin||$5,300- $7,200||$9,800- $13,100||5-7 weeks|
|Denver to Dublin||$6,800- $9,100||$12,300- $16,600||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties you’ll face when moving to Ireland
Customs will allow you to bring your household goods into the country without paying duty, as long as you’ve owned them for a minimum of six months. If you’re coming from a non-EU country, then you also must have been living there for at least the last year. You also must be planning to stay in the country for at least the next 185 days. Your shipment can arrive up to one full year after you move to Ireland, or six months before establishing your residency there. Finally, you can’t intend to sell these goods during your stay (1).
Documents you’ll need when moving to Ireland
Customs will request your lease or purchase contract and a full packing list. You also must provide a TOR 1 Form, which is also called the Transfer of Residency. In order to prove that you lived outside of the country for the required 12 months, you must submit documentation for this purpose. Your past utility bills and a bank statement should also be included in your paperwork.
Your passport and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill are needed as well. A valid Resident Permit, Work Permit and/or Letter of Employment should also be shown (2).
Duties you’ll face when importing your vehicle
If you’ll be transferring your residence (TOR) to Ireland, then your vehicle is eligible for duty-exempt import (3). This isn’t the only prerequisite, however, as other conditions apply. First, the vehicle must be brought into Ireland no later than one year after transferring your residence. You also must have owned and personally used the vehicle for a minimum of the last six months. Finally, you’ll be required to keep the vehicle for the next year - as you cannot sell it for 12 full months after duty-exempt importation (4).
Documents you’ll need when importing your vehicle
If you’ll be importing a vehicle into Ireland, certain paperwork must be submitted. This includes proof of insurance and the vehicle’s Bill of Sale or purchase invoice. Your passport and the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill are also mandatory documentation. The registration for the vehicle, which was issued in your origin country, should also be given to customs (5).
These lists of paperwork, regulations and fees are not exhaustive - so it’s best that you consult Irish customs before moving.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Make your international move easier by acting upon the following tips:
- Your goods will be handled frequently and you therefore need to package them well. Boxing or crating them are among the packaging options currently available for different types of goods.
- Prepare your documents well in advance so as to enable easy processing.
- Liaise with the moving company. Establish a good relationship with them and keep the communication channels open. It is also good to make your payment as soon as possible to enable the moving company act upon your order.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
International moving requires you to undertake many tasks such as visa applications, packing and unpacking, document preparation and transportation of your goods, just to mention a few. Hiring the services of a professional moving company will enable you lessen this burden. Your relocation process will be made that much easier since you will be provided with all the support you need.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The number of movers providing international moving services is steadily increasing. This may make you and other clients get stuck when you reach the point where you need to settle on a company that you can make the move with. In order to select the company that provides the best Ireland International Moving Services, you will have to take some factors into consideration.
Some of these factors include the moving company’s expertise and its ratings. This will give you an idea as to whether they can meet your expectations. Also find out if the company is licensed to ship to Ireland. Then there is the cost factor; to get an estimate of the shipping costs, you can request for a quote.
Our Ireland International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We ease the burden of moving and help you pack and unpack.
- Commercial moving: Our specialty is moving commercial entities to Ireland.
- Office moves: We move with you and enable you set-up shop in a hassle-free manner.
- Apartment moves: We transport your valuables safely to your new apartment.
- Planning and preparation: We know that proper preparation is important for you to make a well-planned move and we are here to guide you every step of the way.
- Visa and immigration services: We are well acquainted with Ireland’s visa requirements and walk you through the entire application process.
- Housing assistance: We have a reliable and professional team that delivers great housing assistance.
- Family services: Families feel at home with us and enjoy our personalized family services.
- Auto transport services: Our experience makes it possible to have your vehicle transported safely, in good time and all at an affordable price range. What’s more, if your situation offers you the chance to benefit from being exempted from paying custom duties, our agents can advise you on how to go about this.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
While relocating, shouldn’t your main priority be to benefit from services provided by an experienced, reliable and affordable mover? If this is what you are seeking then look no further!
We at A-1 Auto Transport have served clients for over 20 years and offer various services, including Ireland International Moving Services. We also guarantee you with peace of mind since we will deliver your goods and our promises too! Our customers have given us the confidence that compared to the rest, we are a top-notch company. This is because majority of them are repeat customers and at least 97% of them have refered us to other clients seeking moving services. We also understand that you would like to make the move without necessarily exceeding your budget. We provide free quotes upon request.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. You are also welcome to give us a call at 888-509-3213 or write to us using the contact details provided here. We will be able to give you more information on our Ireland International Moving Services.
Popular Moving Destinations in Ireland
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Ireland” page.
(4) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Ireland” page.