Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Iraq
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Iraq International Moving Services
Relocation occurs when an international company or individual moves their belongings to a different country and settles there. Relocation or international moving is often a daunting task that requires a lot of activities to be handled, all with equal importance and urgency. To make this process easier, individuals or companies making such a move may seek assistance from movers who provide international moving services.
Travel restrictions and advisories
The U.S. Department of State has issued a level 4 travel advisory for Iraq, the reason cited being armed conflict and terrorism. The notice goes on to say, that as a U.S. citizen, you’ll run a high risk of being kidnapped or experiencing violence (1). Britain’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office has similar recommendations, though a bit less rigorous – stating that only essential travel to Iraq is advised. British citizens are also urged to avoid a number of regions within the country which are deemed unacceptable, from a safety standpoint (2).
Does Iraq impose duties on household goods?
If after speaking with the government in your origin country, you determine that moving to Iraq is permitted – you may wish to ignore these travel warnings and proceed. If that’s the case, you may be curious about what (if any) import duties Iraqi customs will impose. Though duty exemption is not granted by Iraqi customs currently, the rates are quite reasonable.
You’ll only be required to pay between 8% and 10% of the value of your household goods. Customs also stipulates that shipments arrive no later than six months after you enter the country. You’re also not permitted to transfer ownership, lend out to others or get rid of these items while in Iraq. Finally, you must have all paperwork to the destination agent, no later than 15 days before your shipment enters port (3).
Does Iraq require paperwork for household goods?
Customs must have a copy of your passport and the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for your shipment. A full packing list and a pro-forma invoice are also required (4). A visa issued by the Iraqi embassy in Washington D.C. (for U.S. citizens) and an Employment Letter must be submitted as well. A separate Employment Contract and a valid Work Permit or Residence Permit should also be provided. You’ll also need to have a detailed inventory that lists the values for all of your goods and a Power of Attorney (5).
Does Iraq impose duties on vehicles?
While many times countries have different duty rates for vehicles, Iraq does not follow this pattern. You’ll pay the same 8% to 10% in import duties and taxes, when bringing your vehicle into the country. This will be charged on the value of the vehicle as listed on the pro-forma invoice (which you will submit). In addition, you are only permitted to import vehicles that were manufactured two years ago or less (6).
Does Iraq require paperwork for vehicles?
First you must provide the pro-forma invoice, as this is the basis for the vehicle’s value (which you will declare to customs). Your passport and the Original Bill of Lading are also required. Any documents pertaining to your ownership of the vehicle should also be shown. This includes the vehicle’s title, which was issued by your country of origin (7).
While this discussion of the documents and duties involved when relocating to Iraq is an excellent start – it is hardly definitive. For the most thorough treatment of this important topic, it’s recommended that you discuss the matter directly with Iraqi customs. This will allow you to verify that no important details have been missed, which could lead to problems during customs clearance.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Relocation may be a tough task to do alone. However, by applying the following handy tips, you can make your international move easier:
- Research: Get familiar with the requirements for migrating or shipping to Iraq. Make good use of the information available such as on the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website. Contacting the Embassy of Iraq will also give you all the information you need for a successful move.
- Proper packaging: This makes it easy for the movers to easily handle, store and transport your belongings. It also secures your property from damage.
- Document preparation: This will save you a lot of time. It will also give you peace of mind; you will not panic at the eleventh hour for you will be well prepared.
- Liaise with the moving company: Communicating well, availing documents and information to the moving company and paying your bill on time will enable them to act on your order swiftly.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
When relocating, you may face moments of uncertainty. There are also phases of the relocation process in which you may need support. Hiring the services of an experienced moving company will give you the much needed confidence that you will be making guided steps through your journey. A good shipping company will be familiar with all the rules that govern your destination. They will also assist you in safely transporting your goods and provide updates of the shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
There are many moving companies in the industry but you need to find one that will meet your need in the best way possible. The search for the best international moving company may not be easy but you may take the following factors into consideration while conducting your search:
- Is the company trustworthy and licensed to ship internationally?
- Does the company meet the legal requirements to provide Iraq International Moving Services?
- Does the company have a base in Iraq? This will assist you to get storage services from them instead of looking for another holding company.
- Is the moving company insured and does the cover include third parties?
Our Iraq international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We provide packing supplies upon request as well as packing and unpacking services.
- Commercial moving: There is no company too big or too small for us to move.
- Office moves: Make your move to your new territory easy and quick with us.
- Apartment moves: Your new apartment in Iraq awaits you and we wait to help you settle-in soon.
- Planning and preparation: We are your experienced guide through your relocation process, from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: We are familiar with the requirements for you to gain entry to Iraq. We offer you all the assistance you will need to travel to Iraq.
- Housing assistance: We go out of our way to ensure you are provided with top-notch housing services.
- Family services: We offer affordable and suitable services for your family.
- Auto transport services: Guided by the right information and using our reliable services, shipping a car to Iran is made easier.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We offer you the most competitive pricing and are ready to give you a free quote to enable you plan your international move accordingly. You get value for your money by moving with us. We are experienced and work hard to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations. The confidence our customers have in us is shown by the fact that 97% of them refer us to other clients. All our services, including Iraq International Moving Services are designed to ensure that you get the best service in the industry.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. In case you need more information on our Iraq International Moving Services, do not hesitate to give us a call on 888-509-3213. Alternatively, drop us a message using the contact details provided here and we will get back to you.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Iraq” page.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Iraq” page.