Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Iran
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Iran International Moving Services
International moving involves transporting goods belonging to individuals or companies from one country to another. Movers are able to assist those relocating by providing them with international moving services. A-1 Auto Transport is a reputable and experienced moving company. Whether you want to move your belongings to your new office or home or to ship your car to Iran, we are up to the task.
Moving to Iran Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Tehran||$4,600- $7,700||$8,700- $14,300||5-8 weeks|
|Charlotte to Isfahan||$4,800- $8,000||$9,000- $14,800||5-8 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Mashhad||$4,900- $8,100||$9,100- $14,900||5-8 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Tehran||$4,900- $8,200||$9,300- $15,300||5-9 weeks|
|Seattle to Mashhad||$5,100- $8,500||$9,600- $15,900||5-9 weeks|
|Columbus to Isfahan||$5,100- $8,600||$9,600- $15,800||5-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Mashhad||$5,400- $8,900||$9,900- $16,300||5-8 weeks|
|Portland to Mashhad||$5,400- $9,000||$10,200- $16,600||5-9 weeks|
|Memphis to Tehran||$5,400- $9,000||$10,000- $16,600||5-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Mashhad||$5,700- $9,400||$10,700- $17,400||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Travel restrictions and advisories
Before delving into the duties that Iranian customs may charge, it’s important to note, that it may not be possible to move to Iran from certain Western countries. Due to a shifting diplomatic landscape, these restrictions are subject to change – which also highlights how important it is to work with a well-informed moving company.
In addition, a number of nations have travel advisories in place. For example, the U.S. Department of State has placed a level 4 advisory on travel to Iran, stating that you should not visit this country. It is deemed unsafe because U.S. citizens have been held without cause or arrested (1). The UK is a bit more lenient, recommending that their citizens only enter Iran if essential – and that they absolutely avoid certain unsafe areas (such as the Iraq and Afghanistan border regions) (2).
Import duty on your household items
If after consulting the applicable government department in your home country, you still wish to proceed with your move – you may be wondering about the import duties assessed by Iranian customs. Provided you have a Work Permit, Residence Permit and are relocating to Iran for work purposes – your goods can be exempted from import duty. You’re required to have owned and personally used these items for at least the last six months.
A time limit for exemption also applies, which is within 4 months for all but air shipments. These must arrive no later than 3 months after you enter Iran. Finally, customs requires that you be at the point or port of entry in person, while your goods are being processed (3).
Import documents for your household items
Before your shipment can be allowed into the country, customs must process it. During this procedure, they’ll request your packing list, Work Permit or visa and passport. The shipment’s Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill must also be shown. A valid Residence Permit is required as well (4).
You’ll need a Power of Attorney and a lease agreement to further demonstrate that you’ve established a residence within Iran. A detailed inventory that includes monetary values will also be requested by customs (5).
Import duty for your vehicle
Though you’ll likely enjoy duty exemption on your household belongings – no such relief is granted for vehicle imports. Only offered to diplomats, most people will have to pay the standard duty rate. You also need to obtain written permission from the Ministry of Commerce – which can take quite a long time. You also can’t use a third-party agent, as Iranian customs requires you to complete this application on your own.
Be aware that right-hand drive vehicles or those manufactured more than 3 years ago cannot be imported. Vehicles with diesel engines are also not permitted (6).
Import documents for your vehicle
When importing your vehicle into Iran, you’ll need the permit issued by the Ministry of Commerce (as discussed above). The vehicle’s title and registration from your origin country are also required. Customs will ask for proof of insurance coverage as well, along with the Original Bill of Lading (7).
When making an international move to Iran, it’s highly recommended that you work closely with an experienced shipping company like A1 Auto Transport. As the above list isn’t definitive, there are other fees, forms and rules that will apply. It’s important that you fulfill all of these requirements – otherwise penalties or delays may occur. Therefore, it’s best to speak with customs, before shipping your goods to Iran.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Relocation is often a complex process. However, the following tips will make your international move easier:
- Hire the services of a reliable moving company: A professional moving company will make your relocation stress-free, from start to finish.
- Research: Know all the legal requirements that need to be met for one to gain entry into Iran.
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with the moving company. Communicate the relevant details related to your move and pay your bill soonest possible. This enables them to work on your request with ease.
- Prepare your documents in advance and whenever they are required for processing, avail them. You may get in touch with the Embassy of Iran so as to know all the requirements.
- Package your goods well. This will enable the team handing your goods to store and transport them with ease.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Your big move calls for a lot of guided steps. A professional moving company will be able to not only provide you with Iran International Moving Services but also provide you with the much needed support. They will probably be more familiar with the regulations governing shipping to Iran. Also, their very able staff will assist you with packing and unpacking and make the transition easier for you.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
Almost all moving companies claim to be the best. This may make searching for the best international moving company a bit hard for you. Do not get stuck on this selection stage yet you have to get moving quickly. To narrow down your search for the best international moving company, consider the following factors:
- Is the moving company licensed to provide Iran International Moving Services?
- Is the company’s performance and rating high?
- Are third parties catered for in the company’s insurance cover?
- Will the services provided be satisfactory and will the estimated cost be within your budget?
Our Iran International Moving Services offers:
- Packing/unpacking: We make the transition easier for you.
- Commercial moving: Big or small businesses can make their move with us.
- Office moves: We can handle your inventory and enable you operate in your new office soonest possible.
- Apartment moves: We assist you move to your new home in a way that you do not have to break your bank or your back!
- Planning and preparation: We know that a lot is involved in your international move and that is why we help you plan and prepare, from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: We are here for you in case you need any help applying for your Iranian visa.
- Housing assistance: Affordable and reliable housing services are available.
- Family services: We know that each family is different and that is why we offer tailor-made family services.
- Auto transport services: Understandably, there are some challenges while shipping a car to Iran as well as extra expenses. We however, guide you through the process; you will simply have to be present at the port when your vehicle arrives there.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Here are a few things about us that make us the best moving company:
- We have experience of over 20 years, and we have a good understanding of the moving industry. You can rest assured that your valuables are in safe hands.
- Our area of operation includes Iran, and we will offer you all the support you need to move to your new area.
- We have a professional and reliable team that does their best to ensure your move is stress-free.
- We have offered services to customers who have rated us highly. In fact 97% of our clients refer us to other people seeking moving services. This shows that they have confidence in our promise to deliver. GET
Get in touch, get moving!
Please fill-in the form at the top of the page. Also, do not hesitate to contact us incase you need more information on our Iran International Moving Services. Give us a call on 888-509-3213. We have a support team that is available round the clock. Alternatively, you can get in touch using the contact details provided here.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Iran” page.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Iran” page.