Indonesia International Moving Services
International moving is when a business or individual relocates to a different country. This often proves to be a long process and one that comes with a lot of regulations and requirements that need to be met. To make the process less of a burden, some movers provide international moving services. A reliable international mover can assist you to ship household goods or ship a car to Indonesia.
Moving to Indonesia Cost & Time Examples
|Seattle to Surabaya||$4,400- $5,900||$8,200- $11,100||5-7 weeks|
|Miami to Surabaya||$4,600- $6,400||$8,900- $12,000||6-8 weeks|
|Portland to Jakarta||$5,700- $7,700||$10,500- $14,100||5-7 weeks|
|Houston to Jakarta||$5,800- $7,800||$10,700- $14,400||6-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Jakarta||$6,000- $8,100||$11,100- $14,900||5-7 weeks|
|San Diego to Medan||$6,000- $8,200||$11,100- $14,900||5-8 weeks|
|Detroit to Jakarta||$6,200- $8,400||$11,400- $15,400||6-8 weeks|
|Denver to Surabaya||$6,700- $9,000||$12,200- $16,500||5-7 weeks|
|Chicago to Jakarta||$6,800- $9,300||$12,600- $17,000||6-8 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Medan||$7,200- $9,800||$13,200- $17,900||6-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Import duties levied on household goods
It appears that duty relief is offered by Indonesian customs, but you must fulfill some requirements to be eligible. First, these items must have been owned and used by you for a minimum of the last 12 months. Second, they aren’t to be sold within the country. Third, you must import your belongings no later than 3 months after you obtain your IKTA (temporary work permit) and KITAS card. Finally, duty exemption only extends to a single shipment via the water and one via air (1).
Keep in mind that many other sources list the temporary work permit (sometimes called the temporary expatriate work permit) as the IMTA (Izin Mempekerjakan Tenaga Kerja Asing) instead (2). Also, your limited stay permit or VITAS, is separate from your limited stay permit card or KITAS (3).
Import paperwork mandated by customs
During the clearance of your shipment, customs will need to see the required documentation. This includes your passport, full inventory and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. A packing list that’s been stamped by the Indonesian embassy in your origin country must also be shown. Both a Residence Permit and Work Permit should also be provided. A valid Letter of Employment from your company is also required (4).
Import duties levied on vehicles
Unfortunately, the importation of vehicles by private individuals is expressly forbidden by Indonesian customs (5). Only those with diplomatic status, certain businesses that are involved in vehicle repair and other vehicle-related services are allowed to import them (6). Thus, you’ll need to purchase a vehicle after moving into the country, rather than bringing along your current automobile.
Import paperwork mandated for vehicles
If you happen to enjoy diplomatic status or are eligible for one of the other exemptions listed above - then you’ll need the correct documentation. Your passport, packing list and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill must be submitted. A valid PP-8 Form is mandatory, which is a letter of approval issued by the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (7).
Moving to exotic Indonesia has certain paperwork and regulatory considerations that you shouldn’t take lightly. The above list is a good starting point, but Indonesian customs will have a more complete list. Be sure to speak with them about your upcoming move, to guarantee that you don’t miss any vital documents or rules along the way.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
As earlier mentioned, making an international move may be a long process, and this may overwhelm you. The following tips can guide you make this process easier:
- Research: Get familiar with the requirements of relocating as well as the rules that govern shipping to Indonesia. The US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website contains useful information.
- Package your goods in a way that allows for easy handling, storage and movement.
- Prepare your documents and present them as and when required.
- Search for a reputable and reliable moving company that can take up the task of helping you relocate easily.
- Liaise with the moving company. Give them all details relating to your move so as to enable them act on your request with ease.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating to Indonesia or any other location may be a daunting task if handled alone. You need plenty of assistance since there are various activities such as packing and unpacking, transportation and document processing. A professional moving company can provide you with such services, making the move less complex, from start to finish.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
When you are making an international move, you need to hire a company that will offer you the best Indonesia International Moving Services. You need to have the assurance they will give you secure and reliable transportation for your goods. Having experienced and reliable personnel who will attend to you also makes the move enjoyable. To find the best international moving company, do some research and find out if the company is licensed to ship to Indonesia. You also need to confirm if the insurance covers third parties. It is also good to check the company’s ratings and testimonials from previous clients so as to get an idea of its performance. To get an estimate of the shipping costs of Indonesia international moving services, do not hesitate to request for quotes.
Our Indonesia international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We have packing supplies that make the move easy.
- Commercial moving: It is our business to help your business move to Indonesia.
- Office moves: We can assist you relocate your office and facilitate an easy transition.
- Apartment moves: Moving in to your new home should be stress-free and we help you to do this.
- Planning and preparation: We take into consideration all the details, big and small. We also help you plan on the best time to ship to Indonesia, considering its climatic conditions.
- Visa and immigration services: We offer you with the much needed assistance on the different types of Indonesian visas.
- Housing assistance: We offer great housing assistance services, making you feel at home with us.
- Family services: We know that each family is unique and that is why we offer tailored family services.
- Auto transport services: We understand it can be quite a complex process shipping a car to Indonesia due to the restrictive laws as well as high costs of shipping a car to Indonesia. We have however, been in this business long enough to understand the best way on how to make this hassle-free.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
A reputable and reliable moving company is one that has stood the test of time. A-1 Auto Transport fits this description. With experience of over 20 years, we have perfected our services to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations. We also offer you real-time support on a 24/7 basis should you need to contact us. Our prices are the best in the industry. Upon request, we can give you a free quote - no obligations attached. We hope you will choose to partner with us.
Make the right move!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We are also a call away and available 24/7 on 888-509-3213 to answer any question you have on our Indonesia International Moving Services or to provide you with advice. You can also get in touch using the contact details included here. We look forward to hearing from you. Make the right move; move with us!
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Indonesia” page. (2) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3661 https://jasaqu.com/work-permit-indonesia/ https://ajconsultants.net/work-permit-imta-ijin-mempekerjakan-tenaga-kerja-asing/ (3) https://jasaqu.com/work-permit-indonesia/ (4) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3661 (5) -Moverscom “Moving to Indonesia” page. -http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3661 -Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Indonesia” page. (6) Found on Moverscom “Moving to Indonesia” page. (7) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3661
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com