Iceland International Moving Services
Changes in an industry, the operations of a business or an individual’s life may bring about the need to relocate. International moving involves the transportation of goods from one country to another. Professional moving companies provide international moving services such as transportation, storage, packing and unpacking and in general assist their clients to move with ease. You also benefit from having peace of mind by having a shipping company move your car to Iceland.
Moving to Iceland Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Reykjavik||$3,900- $5,300||$7,100- $9,500||4-6 weeks|
|Detroit to Reykjavik||$4,200- $5,800||$7,800- $10,700||4-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Hafnarfjordur||$4,400- $6,000||$8,100- $10,900||4-6 weeks|
|Atlanta to Reykjavik||$4,400- $6,000||$8,100- $10,900||4-6 weeks|
|San Jose to Reykjavik||$4,600- $6,300||$8,600- $11,700||5-7 weeks|
|Seattle to Hafnarfjordur||$4,600- $6,300||$8,600- $11,600||5-7 weeks|
|Columbus to Reykjavik||$4,800- $6,400||$8,600- $11,700||4-6 weeks|
|Portland to Reykjavik||$4,900- $6,600||$9,000- $12,200||5-7 weeks|
|Chicago to Reykjavik||$4,900- $6,700||$9,000- $12,100||4-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Reykjavik||$5,100- $7,100||$9,600- $13,000||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Are import duties assessed by Icelandic customs?
When relocating to picturesque Iceland, you may be wondering if import duties will be levied on your household belongings. Duty exemption is extended in certain instances. You’re required to have both owned and personally used these goods for at least the last six months.
You also must have resided outside of Iceland for the last 12 months. A time limit to import your goods after moving into the country also applies, and this is currently one year. Finally, you can’t transfer ownership, lend out or get rid of these items while in the country (1).
Are specific documents required by Icelandic customs?
You must have the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for your shipment, along with your passport. A comprehensive inventory that bears your signature and the date is also mandatory. If you wish to have import duty waived, then your duty exemption registration is necessary as well (2).
A valid Work Permit and/or Residence Visa must also be provided to customs. You should file a Power of Attorney too, as this gives an international shipping company like A1 Auto Transport, permission to act on your behalf when dealing with customs (3).
Are specific documents required by Icelandic customs?
You can bring your vehicle into Iceland for up to 12 months, without paying any import duty. This type of temporary importation, requires you to export the vehicle at the end of this time frame. If you fail to do so, then it must be processed by customs for permanent entry - and import duties and taxes may be charged. Other conditions also apply, such as the stipulation that you register the vehicle within Iceland, no later than one month after it is granted entry (4).
If you plan to permanently import your vehicle instead, here sources disagree on the procedure. The International Association of Movers says that duty may or may not be charged, but doesn’t specify the determining factors (5). Another source holds that duty-free import is available, as long as you meet certain conditions (6). However, there may have been some confusion and these conditions may only be those governing temporary imports.
As you can see, you’ll need to speak directly with Icelandic customs, to learn how duties will be handled for your vehicle shipment. This is recommended in any case, as not all the applicable regulations and documentation requirements are covered above.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Relocation involves a number of tasks and details to be attended to. Make your international move easier by acting on the following handy tips:
- Prepare and package your belongings to enable ease of handling and storage. Label them well. If you have any fragile items, indicate this.
- Prepare your travel and proof of ownership documents well in advance so as to enable easy processing.
- Liaise with the moving company. Make your expectations known and provide all information related to your international move or the handling of your valuables.
- Research on rules and regulations that govern shipping to Iceland. There is information accessible online on the websites of agencies and authorities such as the Embassy of Iceland and the US Department of Transport (USDOT).
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Whether or not you are new to relocating, you stand to benefit from the guidance and support provided by a professional moving company. Relocating does cause a lot of anxiety due to the numerous logistical challenges involved. A good moving company will provide you with the best Iceland International Moving Services. They will have the required experience to walk you through your journey from start to finish. It will also give you peace of mind to have your belongings stored, handled, packed and unpacked by a trusted team.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
Many movers provide international moving services but you need to find the best one for you. Your search may include seeking referrals from friends or conducting online searches. There are a number of factors that you need to consider when settling on the company that will provide you with the best Iceland International Moving Services. This includes the cost of the transportation and other services provided. You also need to consider the company’s performance and success story. This can be indicated by the testimonials and ratings they have. It is also important to find out if they are licensed to ship to Iceland and if their insurance cover caters for third parties.
Our Iceland international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We make the move easy for you and pack and unpack your luggage.
- Commercial moving: Moving big or small business is our specialty.
- Office moves: These are no big task for us and we will help you set up your office in your new location very fast.
- Apartment moves: You have found a new home in Iceland? We help to make your move hassle-free!
- Planning and preparation: Our success story is mainly due to the careful planning, preparation and execution we undertake to make your move stress-free.
- Visa and immigration services: We guide you on how to make your visa application and immigration process to Iceland stress-free.
- Housing assistance: We understand that you need to move with ease and that is why we offer you credible housing services.
- Family services: Tailor-made services for each family’s unique demands are available.
- Auto transport services: We understand that shipping your car to Iceland is a detailed process and that you have to be physically present at the point of entry. Let us do the hard-work and ensure that your vehicle arrives safely and in good time.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
When you are making a journey that you are unfamiliar with, you need a trusted and reputable guide. In us, you will find a trusted, forthright and reliable partner. Our experience in the moving industry, spanning over 20 years, has made us the trusted choice of many individuals and companies who are relocating. Most of our clients refer our services to others which shows that we provided satisfactory services to them. We are the better option compared to the rest because we go the extra mile to make your journey stress-free. We provide free quotes which have no attached obligations.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We look forward to hear from you! Give us a call at 888-509-3213 or get in-touch using the contact details provided here. We will respond in real-time.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Iceland” page. (2) Country Guide: Iceland
(3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Iceland” page. (4) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3659 (5) Ibid. (6) Found on Moverscom “Moving to Iceland” page.
-The conditions listed are those that IAM lists as applicable only to temporary imports: Country Guide: Iceland