Hungary International Moving Services
When an individual or a company moves their property and valuables from one country to another, the process is called relocation. Relocation or international moving is often characterized by long and sometimes complex processes. This brings about the need for international moving services provided by professional moving companies. If you would like to ship a car to Hungary or move to your new office or apartment, you can have a stress-free experience after hiring the services of a qualified moving company.
Moving to Hungary Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Budapest||$3,700- $6,300||$7,100- $11,600||3-6 weeks|
|New York to Budapest||$3,900- $6,300||$7,100- $11,600||3-6 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Miskolc||$4,100- $6,800||$7,400- $12,300||3-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Budapest||$4,200- $7,200||$7,800- $13,000||3-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Budapest||$4,500- $7,400||$8,300- $13,700||5-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Budapest||$4,600- $7,600||$8,300- $13,700||3-6 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Miskolc||$4,600- $7,700||$8,700- $14,200||5-8 weeks|
|Portland to Budapest||$4,700- $7,800||$8,700- $14,400||5-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Budapest||$5,100- $8,600||$9,600- $15,800||5-8 weeks|
|Denver to Budapest||$6,500- $10,800||$11,900- $19,500||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties levied by Hungarian customs on household goods
If you have a valid Resident Permit, then Hungarian customs allows you to import your shipment of household items without paying duty. You will need to put up a Bank Guarantee, if your Resident Permit is good for less than 12 months (1). You are required to either take the goods out of the country when your permit expires, or have them go through customs clearance again (at which point you’ll have to pay duties) (2).
Paperwork called for by Hungarian customs
Customs will ask to see a comprehensive inventory for all the items in your shipment, and this must include values and be written in English. A valid Resident Permit, Work Permit, registration card or Hungarian ID also must be shown. Your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill and a packing list should be filed as well. You’re also required to provide documentation that demonstrates residency in a non-EU country for the last 12 months. Finally, your passport and a Bank Guarantee (if needed) are obligatory paperwork (3).
Duties levied by Hungarian customs on vehicles
The International Association of Movers doesn’t mention duty exemption for vehicles, saying only that the rate is based upon the origin country for the vehicle (4). However, other informed sources disagree, stating that you can receive duty exemption. To be eligible, the vehicle must have a catalyzer installed - and you’re also required to show a valid Residence Permit (5).
Vehicles are also required to submit to an inspection, to ensure the vehicle meets Hungary’s environmental and emissions standards. All vehicles also must adhere to Europe’s required technical benchmarks (6).
Paperwork required for vehicles
You must provide the vehicle’s registration and title, issued from the origin country. Your driver’s license, passport, Work Permit and/or Residence Permit are also required. You must file a Power of Attorney, to enable an international shipping company like A1 Auto Transport to help your vehicle pass through customs clearance.
Proof of liability coverage is also mandatory, and this isn’t available for vehicles manufactured in the U.S. A Declaration of Auto that verifies certain key details, such as the model and mechanical condition, is also necessary (7).
A number of other documents must be filed, when shipping household goods and vehicles into Hungary. There are also additional regulations, which aren’t covered above. Therefore, it is critical that you discuss your upcoming move with Hungarian customs - to learn all the requirements you’ll face during customs clearance
Tips on how to make your international move easier
The following handy tips can help you make your international move easier:
- Research: Find out the visa and shipping requirements that will enable you move to Hungary. There are also informative sources such as the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website which you can make the most use of.
- Packaging: Your goods will be moved and stored at various points and you therefore need to package them well to make their handling easier.
- Document preparation: Apply, fill and prepare the required documents way in advance and present them for processing as and when required.
- Liaise with the moving company: Establish a good relationship with the moving company and clearly communicate your expectations so that they may make the required actions.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
In case you are not familiar with the shipping rules and migration requirements to Hungary, you may benefit from the services and guidance of an experienced moving company. Liaising with a moving company that is licensed to provide Hungary International Moving Services will enable you to have a less complex move, from start to finish.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
There are many companies offering Hungary International Moving Services. How can you determine which one is the best from the rest?
Here are some ways you can find the best international moving company: Consider the moving company’s performance, ratings and previous clients’ reviews and testimonials. You can request for a quote from the moving companies and analyze if the estimated cost matches the expected benefit. Another important factor to consider is whether the company meets the legal requirements to operate in Hungary.
Our Hungary International Moving Services
Our moving services include, but are not limited to:
- Packing/unpacking: We offer packing supplies and also ensure we undertake all of the unpacking once you get to your destination.
- Commercial moving: Our business is to help your business settle in Hungary soon and as effortlessly as possible.
- Office moves: We handle your business inventory even as you gear up for your next success story.
- Apartment moves: When you partner with us, moving from one apartment to another is not hectic. Try us.
- Planning and preparation: From start to finish, we help you plan and prepare for your big move and take actions on all detailed tasks.
- Visa and immigration services: We advise you on all visa requirements and assist you in your application process.
- Family services: We avail tailor-made family service packages to make your move more enjoyable.
- Housing services: We offer affordable housing services that help ease your mind as you say farewell to your current home.
- Auto transport services: We transport your car safely and can guide you in delivering your automobile at a time when the weather conditions will be favorable considering that Hungary has wet summers.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
If you are looking for an experienced and trusted company that offers Hungary International Moving Services, look no further! We at A-1 Auto Transport aim to make your international move as stress-free and far from complex as can be. We offer you with good services at the best rates possible. We are confident that you will love our services, just like our existing clients do. Upon request, we will give you a completely free no obligations quote. When you partner with us, you can have peace of mind that your valuables will be in good hands and that you have a trusted hand to guide you.
Make the right move!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We also look forward to hear from you. Do not hesitate to get in-touch should you need any clarification, guidance or information. Give us a call at any hour on 888-509-3213. You can also drop us a message using the contact details provided here. We offer you with real-time support and would also love to make your move easy, from start to finish.
(1) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3658 (2) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Hungary” page. (3) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3658 (4) Ibid. (5) Moverscom “Moving to Hungary” page. and Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Hungary” page. (6) Ibid. (7) Found on Moverscom “Moving to Hungary” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org