Honduras International Moving Services
International moving is the process in which an individual or company transfers their goods from one country to another. International moving services are best provided by qualified moving firms since this guarantee the safety of your properties. Shipping your valuables or your car to Honduras should be stress-free and this will only be achieved if you rely on the services of a professional moving company.
Moving to Honduras Cost & Time Examples
|Houston to Tegucigalpa||$3,200 - $5,300||$5,800 - $9,600||3-5 weeks|
|LA to Tegucigalpa||$3,500 - $5,900||$6,500 - $10,800||3-6 weeks|
|San Jose to Tegucigalpa||$3,600 - $5,900||$6,500 - $10,900||3-6 weeks|
|Charlotte to Tegucigalpa||$3,600 - $5,900||$6,500 - $10,800||3-5 weeks|
|Atlanta to Tegucigalpa||$3,600 - $6,000||$6,700 - $11,000||3-5 weeks|
|Columbus to Choloma||$3,700 - $6,200||$6,800 - $11,200||3-5 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Choloma||$3,900 - $6,400||$7,100 - $11,700||3-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Tegucigalpa||$4,100 - $6,800||$7,400 - $12,300||3-5 weeks|
|Phoenix to Tegucigalpa||$4,200 - $7,100||$7,800 - $12,800||3-6 weeks|
|Denver to Tegucigalpa||$5,500 - $9,200||$10,100 - $16,600||3-6 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
The duties assessed by Honduran customs
How import duties are handled for your household goods, isn’t a straightforward issue. One source mentions that for foreigners moving into the country, import taxes and duty will be charged (1). However, according to the International Association of Movers - retirees transferring their primary residence into Honduras can receive a franchise for duty exemption.
Also termed a dispensa, you must hire a lawyer to obtain this before shipping your goods. It typically takes about one month to receive your franchise for duty exemption. There are also additional requirement to be eligible, including the stipulation that you have over $1,500 USD of income each month (2).
The paperwork mandated by Honduran customs
Before your shipment of household belongings will be granted entry, you must file the necessary paperwork. You’ll need a comprehensive inventory, which has the values for your items listed. A separate packing list written in Spanish and either your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill are also required. Your contact information and a Registro Tributario Nacional (RTN) are necessary as well. You will also have to show your franchise, if you wish to receive duty exemption on your shipment (3).
The duties assessed on your vehicle
The topic of duties on vehicle imports is also murky, and there is a great deal of conflicting information available. One source says that only international organizations and those with diplomatic status are permitted to import vehicles into Honduras (4). Other excellent sources state that both new and used vehicles can be imported (seemingly by anyone who wishes to do so), but duty exemption is reserved for international organizations and diplomats (5).
If it turns out after discussing this issue with Honduran customs, you are permitted to import your vehicle - expect to pay high import taxes (6). These apply to even duty-exempt shipments, so keep this in mind when deciding whether to bring a vehicle with you during your move (7)
The paperwork mandated for your vehicle
You must have the purchase invoice and RTN, when shipping your vehicle to Honduras. Form 9-A is also sometimes required. The Original Bill of Lading and a valid franchise (if you’re able to obtain duty exemption) should also be shown. The vehicle’s title and your passport must be provided as well (8).
With such complex regulations and inconsistent information available, you must contact Honduran customs for yourself. They should be able to explain the fees that will apply, and whether duty exemption is available for your household belongings and vehicle.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Moving overseas may entail a lot of procedures and preparations. However, you may have a hassle free experience if you plan and prepare well. The following tips will enable you to make your international move easier:
- Plan and prepare well: Know the delivery times so as to avoid last minute rush and also prepare your valuables as well as the required documents in a presentable manner.
- Get informed: All necessary information can be found at the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website as well as from other relevant authorities.
- Liaise with the moving company and communicate all the specifications that relate to your move so that they may meet your expectations. Select the delivery option that will best suit your needs to enable easy transportation to your destination.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating overseas may be something new to you so you will need plenty of guidance and information to enable you enjoy a smooth transition. A professional moving company will be one that offers you reliable services as well as advice and guidance through the whole process from start to finish. When seeking Honduras International Moving Services, work with a firm that is familiar with the rules that govern shipping to that destination and that can advise you accordingly.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
While your search may reveal that there are number of international moving companies, you need to narrow down to those that offer exemplary service. Their expertise may be revealed by the number of years they have been in operation, their ratings and if they possess the relevant credentials. A moving company that also has an office or warehouse at your destination country will likely offer you better services. To pin-point the best firm in offering Honduras International Moving Services, do plenty of research to determine what service is covered under the packages offered.
Our Honduras international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We help in packing your goods to have them ready for shipping and upon reaching their destination, we unpack them.
- Commercial moving: Big or small businesses can make a confident move with us.
- Office moves: Setting up shop in a new country is our business and we are capable of helping you do this.
- Apartment moves: Moving from one home to another or country to country, should not break your back or your bank. We help make this move easy.
- Planning and preparation: We know that for any shipping, a lot is involved and we are here to guide you make that big move.
- Visa and immigration services: Moving to another country is a big step and it entails a number of requirements that need to be met. We assist you in the preparation and processing of documents.
- Housing assistance: We pack, transport and unpack household goods and valuables effortlessly, making the transition easy for you.
- Family services: We offer tailor-made services to enable families move with ease.
- Auto transport services: Shipping your automobile should not be a difficult task. We are able to cater for door-to-door delivery, port-to-door delivery or port-to-port delivery.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
We have a dedicated and professional team available to expertly guide you through this process. We have been in the moving industry for two decades and our unmatched experience guarantees you a trusted partner who will be with you from start to finish. We also know that you should not break your bank when seeking international moving services and it is for this reason that we offer you with competitive prices. If you require a quote, give us the details related to your shipping and we will provide one for free!
Get In Touch!
We are just a phone call away and are available to answer your questions or give you advice. Give us a call at 888-509-3213. You can also use the contact details included here to get in touch with us. Please fill out the form at the top of the page. We will be sure to respond to all your queries as soon as possible.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Honduras” page. (2) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3656 (3) Ibid. (4) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Honduras” page. (5) Found on Moverscom “Moving to Honduras” page. and http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3656 (6) Found on Moverscom “Moving to Honduras” page. (7) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Honduras” page. (8) http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3656
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org