- Guyana International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Guyana?
- Hauling Costs
- Taxes And Duty Fees
- Moving Insurance
- Moving To Guyana Cost & Time Examples
- Import Duties Levied By Guyana
- Documentation Prescribed By Guyana
- Import Duties Levied By Guyana On Your Vehicle
- Documentation Prescribed By Guyana For Your Vehicle
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Guyana International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Move With Us!
Guyana International Moving Services
Changes may require a company or an individual to move to a diffent country. Countries across the world are also opening up their borders to allow businesses to thrive. This then creates the need for international relocation which is often a detailed process that requires lots of preparation and documentation. Because it is not an easy undertaking for one to handle alone, there is need to look for professionals who offer international moving services. By hiring such services, you get to enjoy a stress-free move to Guyana since the moving company handles car shipping and goods shipping with expertise.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Guyana?
The cost of moving internationally to Guyana can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on a variety of factors such as the size of move, total distance, route, transportation method and current market trends.
Moving to Guyana with one to two bedrooms can cost between $4,500 and $10,000. Several factors can influence your transfer price. You can budget your move based on these factors. You include hauling costs, taxes, and moving insurance when calculating your transfer costs. As a result of taking advantage of your knowledge, you may be able to lower the price range based on what you know about these factors.
The cost of moving a lot of items on board can be quite high. Customized packaging can also add to the cost of your items depending on the specific techniques and approaches used when packaging your products. When you're looking for ways to reduce the cost of moving, it may be wise to explore the possibility of shared space transfers.
Taxes and Duty Fees
Depending on the nature of the transfer, you may have to pay higher duties and customs fees. As a result of these regulations, your items are protected, and you are also required to pay for them. You can spend more than a thousand dollars on duty costs alone in some cases. There is a good chance you will need a lawyer to assist you as well, so the costs can jump even higher. According to your appraisal, duty and customs fees will be assessed at a higher rate if the items you will be moving have a higher value.
The transfer process could be interrupted by many events, so you're not able to guarantee your items' safety. In any event, having an insurance policy can help mitigate worries since you are insured against loss or damage. The cost of insurance can vary depending on the type of coverage and how the policy is transferred. In addition to that, you will incur additional moving costs, and some companies may require you to purchase multiple policies to cover your possessions.
Moving to Guyana Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Georgetown||$3,300- $5,500||$6,200- $10,300||4-6 weeks|
|Houston to Georgetown||$3,300- $5,500||$6,200- $10,300||4-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Georgetown||$3,700- $6,200||$6,900- $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Detroit to Georgetown||$3,700- $6,200||$6,900- $11,400||4-6 weeks|
|LA to Linden||$3,700- $6,300||$7,100- $11,700||4-8 weeks|
|Portland to Linden||$4,000- $6,700||$7,600- $12,300||4-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Georgetown||$4,100- $6,800||$7,600- $12,400||4-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Georgetown||$4,200- $7,100||$7,800- $13,000||4-6 weeks|
|Phoenix to Georgetown||$4,400- $7,300||$8,200- $13,500||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Georgetown||$5,800- $9,500||$10,500- $17,200||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Import duties levied by Guyana
With no duty exemption extended even to shipments of used household belongings, you will pay the standard rate. The precise amount isn’t specified by the knowledgeable sources consulted - so speak with customs to learn more. In addition, if you fail to provide a Change of Residency Certificate, then an additional fee will be charged. Called the Octroi de Mer, this fee will be anywhere from 12% to 32% (1).
Documentation prescribed by Guyana
You’ll need to provide proof that you’ve established residency within the country. This can be shown with a lease agreement, utility bill or other pertinent document (which must be from 3 months ago or less). A detailed inventory with monetary values is also required, and this should be written in French.
A Certificate of Change of Residence or a Certificate of Transfer (from your company) is needed as well. A Non-Sale Certificate and a Certificate of Property are also required documentation. Finally, a packing list, your passport and the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment must be submitted (2).
Import duties levied by Guyana on your vehicle
The import duty rate currently charged by Guyana isn’t enumerated. That means you’ll again need to consult customs, to determine what fees will be assessed on your particular shipment. It is clear that the taxes and duties involved in vehicle importation are expensive, and you’re limited to bringing just a single vehicle into Guyana.
It also must have a 2,000 cc engine or larger, and you must notify the destination agent before the vehicle arrives in port. This gives them time to process the permit your vehicle will need, to successfully pass through customs (3).
Another source mentions that the Octroi de Mer fee of 12% - 32% also applies to your vehicle, if you fail to provide a Change of Residency Certificate (4).
Documentation prescribed by Guyana for your vehicle
When importing your vehicle into Guyana, you must give customs certain documentation. This includes the title and registration for the vehicle, and the purchase invoice or receipt. A valid Import Permit is also required, along with proof of insurance coverage. A Non-Sale Certificate is also mandatory, and this simply states that you won’t transfer ownership, lend out to others or get rid of the vehicle while in Guyana (5).
Be aware that additional paperwork may be needed, for both your vehicle and household goods. Other regulations may also be enforced, so it’s best to speak with customs before proceeding with your move.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Making an international move may be overwhelming. However, you can make it easier by applying the following tips:
- Conduct a search on moving companies that are experienced and licensed to provide Guyana International Moving Services. Your mind will be at ease when you know that your belongings are being handled by a trusted company.
- Package your goods well and label any fragile ones. Proper packaging enables the shipping company to handle and store the goods with ease.
- Familiarize yourself with the Guyana shipping rules. Make the most use of online resources too such as the information on the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website.
- Document preparation will enable you to have an easy time processing the legal documents at each stage where they are required to be presented.
- Liaise with the moving company. Establish a good communication flow and company-client relationship. This helps in making your order well understood and acted upon with ease.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating to Guyana or any other country in the world may pose different challenges. To ease this move, you will probably need to seek moving services. Hiring such services will see you benefit from the much needed assistance while packing and unpacking your valuables, transporting them and while processing documents.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The following are some of the questions you need to pose while considering if a moving company will be the best for you:
- Will the moving company offer you affordable yet reliable and secure shipping?
- Will you receive the necessary support from the company from start to finish?
- Does the moving firm operate within the legal requirements to provide Guyana International Moving Services?
- What is the company’s rating and performance compared to other companies in the industry?
Our Guyana international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We make the move easier for you by packing and unpacking your goods.
- Commercial moving: Big or small businesses can easily set-up base at Guyana.
- Office moves: We can handle your office inventory and help you start your office hours in a timely manner.
- Apartment moves: Moving to and settling in your apartment at Guyana will be made easier when you partner with us.
- Planning and preparation: We know like any other move, you need to plan and be well prepared and we offer you with this service.
- Visa and immigration services: In case you need any assistance while making your visa application, we are able to clarify or assist you further.
- Housing assistance: We do our best to make you feel at home and offer the best housing services.
- Family services: We offer personalized family services so as to meet your needs in the best way possible.
- Auto transport services: We know how you would love to still drive your car in Guyana. Also, you may have sold your car and would want to have it transported. That’s why we ship your car at an affordable cost and still offer you top-notch services.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Are these some of the words that come up while making your moving company checklist: Reliable, timely, experienced, trustworthy and affordable? These are just some of our values and promises.
Indeed if you are looking for top-notch services that are offered at reasonable prices, look no further! We at A-1 Auto Transport know that you want to make your big move without necessarily having exceeded your budget and still rest assured that the services paid for are worth it.
Move with us!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We look forward to hear from you and to move with you! If you would like a quote or more clarification on our Guyana International Moving Services, give us a call at any time on 888-241-3110. Alternatively, you may reach us via the contact details provided here.
and Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Guyana” page.
(3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Guyana” page.
(5) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Guyana” page.