Guatemala International Moving Services
Changes in a business or an individual’s life may call for relocation sometimes from one country to the next. Professional moving companies provide international moving services which include packing and unpacking, transportation, storage, among other things all geared at helping their clients move with ease. Whether you are shipping a car to Guatemala or moving there, you can benefit from moving services.
Moving to Guatemala Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Mixco||$3,000- $5,000||$5,500- $9,100||3-5 weeks|
|LA to Mixco||$3,300- $5,600||$6,300- $10,400||3-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Guatemala||$3,300- $5,600||$6,300- $10,300||3-6 weeks|
|Charlotte to Mixco||$3,300- $5,600||$6,300- $10,300||3-5 weeks|
|Dallas to Guatemala||$3,500- $5,800||$6,400- $10,500||3-5 weeks|
|Memphis to Guatemala||$3,700- $6,300||$6,900- $11,300||3-5 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Mixco||$4,000 -$6,500||$7,200 -$11,900||3-5 weeks|
|Chicago to Guatemala||$4,000- $6,500||$7,200- $11,900||3-5 weeks|
|Phoenix to Guatemala||$4,100- $6,800||$7,600- $12,400||3-6 weeks|
|Denver to Guatemala||$5,400- $9,000||$9,900- $16,200||3-6 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Does Guatemala charge duties?
If you were hoping to obtain duty exemption, sadly, this is not offered by customs. Even your used household items will be charged a rate of roughly 27%. When importing any new household belongings into Guatemala, the duty amount varies. You can pay as little as 5% - or as much as 40% of the CIF value. An extra value-added tax (VAT) of 12% also applies (1).
What paperwork must you provide?
Either your Air Waybill or Original Bill of Lading should be submitted to customs, and this must include the monetary value of the shipment. Your passport (with a valid entry stamp) and a full packing list written in either Spanish or English is also mandatory. Customs will also need to see your NIT card (Tributary Identification Number) or RTU. A set of written instructions covering delivery, billing and insurance details for your shipment must also be submitted (2).
Does Guatemala charge duties on vehicles?
The lack of duty exemption again holds true, when it comes to importing your vehicle into Guatemala. You’ll be required to pay 12% import tax, which is levied on the value of the vehicle, cost of freight and insurance (CIF value). Certain accessories can cause your vehicle to be classified as a luxury automobile - meaning you’ll pay a higher rate. These include even common items like CD players and air conditioning. You also aren’t allowed to import vehicles which were manufactured more than 10 years ago (3).
What paperwork must you provide for your vehicle?
When importing your vehicle into Guatemala, customs will ask for the purchase invoice. The vehicle’s registration and title issued in the origin country are also necessary documentation. You may need to include paperwork proving that you’re the vehicle’s owner as well. The Original Bill of Lading and a report on the current mechanical condition of the vehicle are also required. Finally, proof that you paid for the vehicle (such as a copy of a check or receipt) is needed (4).
Before shipping off your valuable household goods and vehicle to Guatemala, it’s important that you first discuss it with customs. They’ll be able to inform you about all the applicable rules and filing requirements, as the above list isn’t comprehensive.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
To make your international move easier, take action on the following handy tips:
- Prepare your belongings in a manner that will enable ease of movement since there will be numerous loading and offloading points.
- Prepare your documents to enable easy processing.
- Liaise with the moving company in order to be familiar with all the steps involved in your international move and what is required to make the process stress-free. Provide them with all details that relate to your goods to make it easy for them to handle the items and transport them with ease.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
A moving company with the requisite experience in Guatemala International Moving Services will make your relocation process easier. It also gives you peace of mind when dealing with trusted professionals since you know that your belongings are in safe hands and that the process will not be lengthy or include unexplainable costs. Professional moving companies will also go the extra mile and assist you in packing and unpacking your goods.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
International moving companies are many but you need to find the best and the one most trusted to offer Guatemala International Moving Services. You may conduct online searches or request for referrals from friends or businesses. The factors that you need to look into when conducting this search include the company’s ratings and their familiarity with the rules related to shipping to your country’s destination. You should also find out if they are insured and if they possess the required certifications related to the moving industry. Also, you should benefit from quality, reliable services so take into consideration the services that will be provided against the cost charged for this.
Our Guatemala International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: Leave the boxing and unboxing of your valuables to us.
- Commercial moving: We help small or big businesses moving to Guatemala.
- Office moves: Big moves are no big task as we can help you set up your office in your new location
- Apartment moves: Moving from one home to another and having your goods transported safely is our priority.
- Planning and preparation: We provide you with all the support and information necessary to make your move easy.
- Visa and immigration services: Visa forms and fees can take up a lot of preparation time. We can guide you on how to proceed with this step and make the journey to Guatemala hassle-free.
- Housing assistance: We know how exhausting it can get when moving and that is why we make it easy for you to transport, pack and unpack your goods.
- Family services: We understand that each family has unique needs and we are able to provide a custom made package for the services that you seek.
- Auto transport services: Whether you are relocating and would like to have your car delivered or if you have sold your car, we can make its transportation easy for you.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
Is reliability, pocket-friendly and experience some of your top priorities in your search? Look no further! We at A-1 Auto Transport are here for you! We have been in this industry for over 20 years and can therefore provide you with nothing but the best service. You have come across various companies but this is why we are the better option compared to the rest:
- Our success story and ratings will give you the much needed confidence that you have made the right choice.
- We offer professional services and are available 24/7 should you need to get in touch with us.
- We offer competitive pricing but offer exemplary quality of services. What’s more, we are so confident that you will have a great experience and will offer you with a quote for free!
Get In Touch!
Please fill out the form at the top of the page. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
You may also give us a call at 888-509-3213 or get in touch using the contact details included here. We will willingly give you any information or advice you seek.
SOURCES: (1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Guatemala” page.
(3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Guatemala” page.