Greece International Moving Services
International moving, also known as relocation, is the event whereby a company or an individual transports their belongings from one country to another. The growing need for such international moving services is met by professional moving companies. These firms assist their clients to make their move hassle-free; they offer assistance in transportation, packing and unpacking, moving and storing of goods.
Moving to Greece Cost & Time Examples
|Las Vegas to Athens||$5,000 - $6,800||$9,200 - $12,600||5-7 weeks|
|San Jose to Athens||$4,500 - $6,000||$8,300 - $11,300||5-7 weeks|
|Dallas to Thessaloniki||$4,200 - $5,800||$7,800 - $10,700||4-6 weeks|
|Portland to Athens||$4,600 - $6,400||$8,700 - $11,800||5-7 weeks|
|Seattle to Athens||$4,400 - $6,000||$8,200 - $11,200||5-7 weeks|
|Atlanta to Athens||$4,200 - $5,900||$8,000 - $10,700||4-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Athens||$4,900 - $6,500||$8,900 - $11,900||4-6 weeks|
|Columbus to Athens||$4,600 - $6,300||$8,500 - $11,400||4-6 weeks|
|Miami to Thessaloniki||$3,700 - $5,100||$6,900 - $9,400||4-6 weeks|
|Detroit to Athens||$4,200 - $5,800||$7,700 - $10,400||4-6 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties when relocating to Greece
If you wish to obtain duty exemption, then you’ll need to have lived abroad for a minimum of the last 2 years. Customs also requires that you have no financial ties in the country for that time period. If you meet these conditions, then you can typically bring in your household goods without paying import duty.
If you’ll be relocating from a country that’s not a member of the EU, then you’ll still have to pay value-added tax (VAT) on any goods you import. You also must take all items back out of the country, when you move away (1).
Paperwork when relocating to Greece
You must file documentation for your shipment of household goods, including a Residence Permit and your VAT ID number. An EORI application or declaration form is also required, as well as a packing list. In addition, page 4 of the T2L Form may be needed, along with an authorization form. Customs will also need your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill and your passport (2). A detailed inventory and documents supporting your claim of living abroad (such as a lease contract) should also be submitted (3).
Duties on your vehicle when relocating to Greece
It appears that duty exemption is only available to returning citizens and foreigners with diplomatic status. Otherwise, you’ll likely have to pay duty when importing your vehicle into the country. However, Greece does allow you to bring a vehicle in under tourist status, as a temporary import. This is good for as long as six months, and you won’t be required to pay duty during that time (4).
In addition to import duty, certain vehicles may incur luxury tax (speak to customs for details). The purchase of a Greek license plate may also be required (5).
Regulations for your vehicle when relocating to Greece
Your vehicle must meet certain regulations, to be eligible for import. First, it cannot be manufactured more than four years ago. It also can’t have more than 50,000 miles on the odometer. Finally, you must have purchased it a minimum of six months ago (6).
Paperwork for your vehicle when relocating to Greece
You must show proof of insurance and your driver’s license. Customs will also ask for the vehicle’s title and registration, which were issued in the origin country (7). You must have a Vehicle Road License, and this confirms you’ve paid the applicable road tax in your origin country. Finally, your vehicle must be included on the inventory submitted for your shipment of household belongings (8).
Please talk to customs regarding your move, as some other paperwork and regulations apply. This will ensure that you don’t experience any problems or unexpected issues when moving to Greece.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
International moving requires a lot of activities to be handled, from start to finish. Make your international move easier by acting on the following tips:
- Because your goods will be handled frequently, you need to package them well. This makes it easier to store, handle, and transport them. Packaging options such as boxing or crating are available.
- Prepare your documents in a timely manner so as to enable easy processing.
- Liaise with the moving company and establish a good relationship. Maintaining good communication links with the movers enables you to have a smooth process and eases your anxiety.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
International moving involves a lot of logistics such as packing and unpacking and transportation of your valuables. There are also official tasks that need to be undertaken such as document preparation, customs clearance, and visa applications, just to mention a few. Since it is easy for you to get overwhelmed or miss a single detail, it is important to hire the services of a professional moving company. Doing this will make your relocation easier since you will be availed with the much needed support and guidance.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
There are a growing number of international movers available in the market. You will probably have a variety of them to choose from and this is the first and most crucial decision for your move. You need to settle on a company that will provide you with the best Greece international moving services. To do this, a number of factors will need to be put into consideration.
Find out if the company is licensed to ship to Greece and if it has insurance that caters for third parties. It is also good to get an estimate of the shipping costs and clarify the services that will be provided as well as expected delivery time.
Our Greece International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We help you pack and unpack; no need to strain your back.
- Commercial moving: Our specialty is moving companies to Greece and enable them expand their area of influence.
- Office moves: We help you to set up shop in a quick, hassle-free manner.
- Apartment moves: We transport your valuables safely, from one apartment to another, no matter the distance.
- Planning and preparation: We know that so as to make your move successful, proper planning and preparation is important.
- Visa and immigration services: We are familiar with the visa requirements and should you need any assistance, we are happy to help.
- Housing assistance: Our team is capable of delivering great housing assistance to you.
- Family services: Families feel at home with us and enjoy our tailor-made care services.
- Auto transport services: We know that since your vehicle will be considered as part of your household, the shipping will be quite detailed. We do our best to make its move as uncomplicated as possible.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Would you like to make your move with an experienced and reliable mover that still offers services at affordable rates? Welcome to A-1 Auto Transport. For over 20 years, we have helped many clients successfully ship their goods and become the trusted choice of many. We guarantee you that we will deliver your goods without any damage or loss and keep our promises as well. You may request for a quote for the Greece International Moving Services to see just how competitive our prices are yet we offer unmatched services
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We also invite you to give us a call on 888-509-3213. You could also write to us using the contact details provided here and we will do our best to get back to you in real time. We will be able to give you more information or clarification on our Greece International Moving Services.
Popular Moving Destinations in Greece
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Greece” page.
(3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Greece” page.
(5) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Greece” page.
(6) Found on Moverscom “Moving to Greece” page.
(8) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Greece” page.