Ghana International Moving Services
You’ve found an attractive new gig in Ghana, you’ve interviewed, you’ve landed the job, everything looks good and now all that’s left to do is to make the move! This step is going to be the most tedious part of your international relocation process. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be. If you come to A-1 Auto Transport, you get to enjoy peace of mind knowing that you are in safe hands.
Moving to Ghana Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Accra||$3,200 - $5,400||$6,000 - $10,000||4-6 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Accra||$3,200 - $5,400||$6,200 - $10,100||4-6 weeks|
|Miami to Kumasi||$3,300 - $5,600||$6,300 - $10,400||4-6 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Accra||$3,600 - $6,200||$6,900 - $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Kumasi||$3,900 - $6,300||$7,200 - $11,800||4-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Kumasi||$3,900 - $6,400||$7,200 - $11,800||4-6 weeks|
|Portland to Accra||$3,900 - $6,500||$7,300 - $12,100||4-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Accra||$4,000 - $6,700||$7,300 - $12,200||4-6 weeks|
|Phoenix to Accra||$4,400 - $7,300||$8,200 - $13,500||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Kumasi||$5,900 - $9,800||$10,800 - $17,700||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Import duties imposed by Ghana
One reputable source states that you can bring your household goods into the country, without paying duty upon them. You’ll need to have purchased them a minimum of six months ago, and not be planning to sell them in Ghana. Your shipment also must enter the country, no later than one year after you arrive. Finally, the destination agent needs to be informed of your shipment’s impending arrival, a minimum of 20 days before it enters port (1).
In contrast, the International Association of Movers only mentions exemption being possible for diplomatic shipments (2). To clear up this issue, it’s best to go directly to the source - by talking with customs.
Import paperwork required by Ghana
Before your shipment will be authorized to proceed into Ghana, you must give customs some paperwork. This includes a Letter of Employment and your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. A packing list and separate inventory with values included is also required. A Personal Unaccompanied Baggage Declaration (PUBD Form) is to be filled out, when you arrive at the airport in Ghana. If you don’t submit this form, then steep fines and long delays are the likely outcome. Customs also mandates that you provide receipts for hi-fi appliances and all electrical items in your shipment, if these are less than six months old (3).
Import duties levied on vehicles
Duty exemption only seems to be available for commercial vehicles, not vehicles imported for personal use (4). Therefore, you should be prepared to pay the standard rates - provided your vehicle isn’t more than 10 years old. If it is, then the rate increases as the age of the vehicle increases. For example, while vehicles up to 12 years old only incur an extra 5% charge - vehicles that are 15 years old or more have an additional 50% duty levied upon them (5).
Import paperwork required for your vehicle
Customs will need to have your Original Bill of Lading and the vehicle’s purchase invoice or receipt. The registration and a Certificate of Ownership are also mandatory. Finally, a Non-Sale Certificate confirming you won’t transfer ownership of the vehicle while in the country is required (6).
Bear in mind that additional regulations and filing requirements will be enforced on your shipments. For example, Ghana does not allow right-hand drive vehicles to be imported. You’ll need to obtain this type of detailed information before moving, by speaking with customs directly.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Here are some pointers on making your international move easier and more manageable.
- Start packing early, but leave the vital items like your passport and identification documents within reach.
- Only carry the items that are either not available in Ghana, or those that are too expensive to buy in Ghana. This will significantly reduce your shipment size.
- Different countries use different electric signals and with them different electric connectors. Find out if Ghana uses the same ones as those in your home country. You don’t want a rude surprise after shipping incompatible appliances miles across oceans.
- Check the Ghanaian visa requirements and ensure that you qualify to be allowed entry.
- Identify a moving company that offers the services that you need and find out more about their process and their charges.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Getting your Ghana International Moving Services from a reputable company that has been in the moving industry is something that will go a long way in making your move easier, safer and faster. Here are reasons why you should get a professional to do the job.
- Enjoy convenience and peace of mind knowing that you don’t have to worry about the whereabouts of your shipment at any given time. Outsource the headache to us.
- Avoid the losses that come with losing or damaging your valuables during transit by leaving the responsibility of protecting them to us.
- Save time and spend it doing more important tasks like finding a good apartment, applying for your Ghanaian driver’s license or applying for a visa.
- You’ll have access to specialized tools, wrappers and equipment for moving when you work with us.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The moving experience that you get will be determined by the company that you choose to work with. This is why you should be careful when choosing the company to offer you Ghana International Moving Services. Here are some pointers:
- Ask friends for recommendations or read online reviews of the companies you are considering.
- Ask for a US DOT number and use the database here to check if it is a legit company.
- Find out if your belongings will be covered by any insurance policy and how they will handle any claims that might arise.
Our Ghana International Moving Services
These are the services that we give to customers moving to Ghana:
- Packing/unpacking: Let us handle everything this important aspect of your move.
- Commercial moving: We will move your business to your new location safely and conveniently.
- Office moves: You don’t have to worry about excessive downtime when we manage your office move.
- Apartment moves: Enjoy peace of mind and let us take care of everything in your apartment move.
- Planning and preparation: You’ll have access to a guide who will help you prepare for the move to make sure that nothing catches you by surprise.
- Visa and immigration services: Get expert advice from our immigration experts on the best way forward.
- Family services: We have services to take care of the needs of every member of the family.
- Auto transport services: Why sell your car when you can take your very own car to Ghana with you?
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Here are a few reasons why you should use our international immigration services to Ghana:
- We understand that every customer has their own unique needs and as such we make a point of customizing our services to meet these needs.
- We are licensed and fully insured to offer immigration services to Ghana.
- You can call us at any time for an update on the progress of the shipment and we will give it to you at no extra cost.
Get in touch!
Give us a call on 888-509-3213 or fill the form above and let’s get moving!
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Ghana” page.
Found on Moverscom “Moving to Ghana” page.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Ghana” page.