Packing up and moving overseas is an overwhelming step for most people, and when you consider just how long the distance between South Africa and Germany is, it’s natural to feel stressed.
But let us take a few things off your plate, especially when it comes to shipping your household items and vehicle! Keep reading this page to find out more about how A1 Auto Transport can help.
What Do You Need to Clear Customs?
Germany does not impose additional taxes when importing household goods if you are moving to the country as a student or are relocating. However, they will require some documents:
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your visa and work permit, if applicable
- A signed declaration that everything you are bringing into Germany belongs to you, and are intended for personal use, not to be sold
- Proof of ownership for certain items
- Vehicle documents if you’re importing the car as well
- Other documents that attest your immigration status
All cargo that arrives at the German border is subject to inspection, and it’s really important to have all this paperwork in order. If anything is missing or incomplete, this can lead to frustrating delays, and even additional fees.
We can help you keep all your papers in order. Contact our international shipping team now to find out more!
How A1 Auto Transport Can Help
If you’re on the lookout for a professional vehicle shipping and moving team, that’s us. A1 Auto Transport is happy to be of service and assist you in any way that we can so that your jump from South Africa to Germany is as smooth as possible.
Here are some of our services that can help achieve that:
- Professional packing services, in case you don’t have the time to worry about that;
- Door-to-door delivery where you don’t have to do anything than wait at home for our team to arrive;
- Expedited deliveries in case you need to ship your items quickly, and want them to arrive as fast as possible;
- Specialized services fit for items that require more care, such as vehicles, heavy furniture, family heirlooms.
We have a complex catalog of services at your disposal. You are free to choose whatever works best for your situation, and we’ll be happy to lend a hand.
A1 Auto Transport Is Waiting for Your Call
A1 Auto Transport is one of the most renowned vehicle shippers and moving teams worldwide. Over the years, we’ve helped thousands of clients manage their long-distance move successfully.
If you work with us, you will get:
- A professional, dedicated team
- High-quality services tailored to your needs
- Affordable rates for moving to Germany
- Pristine customer service
A1 Auto Transport is waiting for your call. Get in touch with us as soon as possible to find out more about how we can help, and ask for a free estimate.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.