Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Georgia
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Georgia International Moving Services
International moving is the process in which companies or individuals transfer their goods from one country to another. If you are planning to relocate to Georgia, you may consider seeking international moving services. A-1 Auto Transport is a moving company that offers such services. We can offer you with the much needed assistance if you are planning to make a commercial or personal move, or to ship a car to Georgia.
Duties you’ll pay when importing household items
Though other countries often allow exemption for used household goods – Georgia doesn’t offer this type of duty relief. Since even household belongings are classified as commercial cargo by customs, they will incur import duty of 12%. This is levied on the combined amount of the value of your items, cost to ship them and insurance (CIF). A separate value-added tax (VAT) of 18% also applies (1).
Documents you’ll need when importing household items
During the clearance process, customs will ask for your passport and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. A pro-forma invoice and verification of the cost to transport your goods is also required. A packing list, as well as a separate comprehensive inventory for your shipment should be shown. Finally, a Power of Attorney that’s been notarized, gives an international moving company like A1 Auto Transport authorization to help your shipment through customs (2).
Duties you’ll pay when importing your vehicle
Just as no exemption is available for your household items, duty for your vehicle also won’t be waived. If you’ll be importing your vehicle on a permanent basis, taxes and duties will apply.
However, you can choose to temporarily import your vehicle for just 12 months. You can also request another 12 month extension be added to this time limit. Duty is not charged on temporary vehicle imports, though you must deposit the funds required to cover the VAT. This 18% value-added tax is what will apply, should you fail to export your vehicle out of Georgia when the time limit expires (3).
Documents you’ll need when importing your vehicle
During the clearance process, customs will ask for your pro-forma invoice and Certificate of Origin. Your passport and the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill must also be shown. The vehicle title and its technical specs are also required, along with a Power of Attorney. A technical passport and documents showing the price you paid to ship the vehicle to Georgia are mandatory as well (4)
It’s never wise to ship household goods or your vehicle to another country, before speaking with customs. You’ll need more documents than those listed above and other regulations will also apply. To avoid any potential complications when your goods enter port, consult Georgian customs beforehand.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Moving overseas is a detailed task that involves a lot of preparation, packing and unpacking as well as document preparation and processing. There are big and small details, which need to be considered as top priority. To make your international move easier:
- Be well prepared. Plan for your move even up to 6 months in advance and get all relevant information related to your move.
- Since the goods will be handled frequently throughout the journey, package them in a way that makes their movement and storage easy.
- Cooperate with the moving company. Make your order details known so they may work to meet your expectations.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
When moving to unfamiliar territory, having a trusted guide offers you the much needed confidence and peace of mind. While you can make a move solo, it may overwhelm you since there are many details to be remembered and acted upon. Having an experienced team handle your move will make your relocation stress-free.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
You may have realized that many moving companies will market themselves as the best moving company. So, how do you narrow down to select the company which will offer you the best Georgia International Moving Services? Consider the following factors:
- Does the company possess the required credentials, legal requirements and certifications to ship to Georgia?
- What is the company’s rating?
- Are the personnel familiar with the rules governing shipping and able to advise you accordingly?
- Is the company insured and does this insurance cover extend to third parties?
- Is the shipping cost reasonable and will you get benefits from the package availed?
Our Georgia international moving services offers:
- Packing/unpacking: We understand you need enough energy for your journey and that is why we do all the hard work; putting your items in boxes and crates so that they are safe for the intenational move.
- Commercial moving: No business is too big or too small for us to move to Georgia.
- Office moves: Ship with us and open shop real soon in Georgia.
- Apartment moves: Moving to your new apartment does not have to be hard. We will safely transport your household goods.
- Planning and preparation: We know that such a move requires good planning and preparation and we assist you, from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: We walk you through your e-visa application and assist you in preparing the documents required.
- Housing assistance: We are here to offer you with the best housing assistance to make your move stress-free.
- Family services: Families feel at home with us and enjoy our tailor-made family services.
- Auto transport services: Shipping your automobile to Georgia is made easier due to the fact that it borders the Black Sea and this is a point of entry for many shipping destinations. Georgia has also simplified the importation of automobiles.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Still wondering why you should select us over the many moving companies available? We are one of the biggest and most experienced moving companies around. We not only deliver your goods but also deliver exemplary service and support to our clients. We also understand that you need to have great services at a great price; that’s why we offer the most competitive prices. You can request a quote from us for Georgia International Moving Services. We have a great success story and a good client base that is satisfied with our services and also refers us to more clients. We hope you will opt to partner with us and experience for yourself why we are the right choice.
We look forward to help you get moving. In case you have questions regarding our Georgia International Moving Services or if you would like to request for a quote, do not hesitate to give us a call on 888-509-3213. You can also use our contact details to reach out to us. We also request you to fill-out the form at the top of the page.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Georgia” page.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Georgia” page.