Gambia International Moving Services
Anybody who has ever moved knows how challenging a move can be. Even temporary moves like moving to college are not easy. If you find yourself having to make an international move to Gambia, it’s normal to feel overwhelmed. Fortunately, the entire process can be made easy by our Gambia International Moving Services. These are services designed with your comfort and convenience in mind.
Moving to Gambia Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Serrekunda||$3,200 - $5,300||$6,000 - $9,900||4-6 weeks|
|Houston to Serrekunda||$3,200 - $5,400||$6,000 - $10,000||4-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Serrekunda||$3,600 - $6,000||$6,900 - $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Detroit to Serrekunda||$3,600 - $6,000||$6,700 - $11,000||4-6 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Brikama||$3,600 - $6,200||$6,900 - $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Brikama||$3,200 - $5,400||$6,200 - $10,100||4-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Serrekunda||$4,000 - $6,500||$7,300 - $12,100||4-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Brikama||$4,100 - $6,900||$7,700 - $12,700||4-6 weeks|
|Phoenix to Serrekunda||$4,400 - $7,300||$8,200 - $13,500||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Serrekunda||$5,700 - $9,400||$10,500 - $17,200||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Are import duties charged by Gambia?
Though duty usually applies when importing goods into the country, you can be exempted from these fees. You must have owned and personally used your household items for at least six months. Having lived outside of Gambia for a minimum of the last 12 months is also required. Your shipment must arrive no later than six months after you enter the country. Customs also mandates that you not transfer ownership, lend out or get rid of these goods inside of Gambia.
Even if you do successfully obtain duty exemption by following all the conditions listed above - some fees do apply. An Ecowas tax of 0.55% and a processing fee of 1.5% are charged by customs (1).
Are certain documents required by Gambia?
You will need to have your passport and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. A Non-Sale Certificate verifying that you won’t sell your household belongings within Gambia is also required. A comprehensive inventory with receipts attached for any new electrical goods or appliances is mandatory as well. Customs will ask to see your Work Permit, Residence Permit and/or Letter of Employment too. A packing list and your passport round out the list (2).
Are import duties charged on your vehicle?
No mention of duty exemption is made by the reputable sources consulted - so expect to pay the standard rate on your vehicle. According to the International Association of Movers, a 35% revenue tax and 18% duty on vehicle imports will be charged. An additional 10% sales tax, 1.5% processing fee and a 0.05% ECOWAS tax also apply (3).
Are certain documents required for your vehicle?
When shipping your vehicle to Gambia, many of the same documents necessary for your household goods are required. These include a Non-Sale Certificate and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. Your Work Permit, Residence Permit and/or Letter of Employment are also necessary once again. The vehicle’s registration and purchase invoice must be provided as well (4).
Customs procedures have a tendency to change, and the above list of paperwork and regulations isn’t comprehensive. To avoid problems or added fees when shipping your goods to Gambia, you should always speak to customs beforehand.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Here are a number of tips to make the move easier:
- Start looking for immigration documents early. Some of them might take days before they get approval and this could result in delays.
- Only carry the things you can’t find in Gambia. Don’t waste space shipping things that are available in Gambia.
- Find out if you will be able to use your appliances in Gambia. Different countries use different electrical signals so check if your home country uses the same one as Gambia.
- Check if you meet all visa requirements for entering Gambia and start preparing the documents early.
- Choose a moving company that meets your needs within your budget and ask about their process.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Gambia International Moving Services can really help make moving easy for you. Let’s take a look at why you should go for a moving company as opposed to doing everything yourself.
- Moving accidents can be expensive. What better way to avoid them than by having someone else handle the process? Any accidents will be their responsibility.
- When you work with a professional moving company, you get to save time that can be spent doing other tasks.
- Professional moving companies have the tools and equipment necessary to pack, load and transport even the bulkiest of home appliances.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The internet is full of moving companies that will claim to offer the best Gambia International Moving Services. However, you should not take these claims at face value. Here’s how to pick a moving company that won’t disappoint:
- If you have friends who have made an international move in the past, ask them for recommendations. If you don’t have such friends, read online reviews written by past customers who have experienced the company’s services.
- Ask if the company has a US DOT number and search for it here to make sure that you are getting services from a licensed company.
- Ask about their cargo insurance policy and how they handle claims.
- Finally, ask how long they have been in business. Generally, an experienced company is more reliable than companies that are new in the industry.
Our Gambia International Moving Services
These are the international moving services available from us in Gambia:
- Packing/unpacking: Your belongings will be safely packed before the journey and once they have arrived they will be unpacked and placed in the right rooms.
- Commercial moving: Here, we’ll move everything you need in your business to your new location.
- Office moves: Our office moves are designed to get everything you need to your new location with minimum downtime.
- Apartment moves: We are devoted to providing an apartment move that will get everything in its rightful place. You won’t feel like you are in a new apartment.
- Planning and preparation: You’ll get a guide who will take you every step of the way until you are settled in Gambia.
- Visa and immigration services: You’ll have access to people who are fully conversant with Gambia immigration requirements.
- Family services: Even the kids will enjoy our family moving services.
- Auto transport services: You no longer have to sell your car simply because you are moving. We can transport it together with your other belongings.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Not sure which moving company to move with? Here’s why you should work with us:
- We don’t have a one size fits all service. Every customer gets moving services designed for their individual needs.
- We are fully licensed to provide international moving services.
- Your cargo is fully insured against loss or damage during transit.
- Get real-time updates of the progress whenever you need them.
Get in touch!
Let’s get this ball rolling. Call us on 888-509-3213 or fill the form above and we will get back to you with more details on how we can start your move to Gambia.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Gambia” page.
-The 35% revenue tax and 18% duty aren’t mentioned by:
Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Gambia” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇬🇲 Gambia, (GM)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇬🇲 Gambia, (GM)
🇬🇲 Gambia, (GM)
🇬🇲 Gambia, (GM)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- 3 Tips For Moving Back To SchoolAcclimating After Moving To Another CountyAdams State University Moving ServicesAfter The Move: Painting Your HomeAlabama Agricultural and Mechanical University Moving ServicesAlabama State University Moving ServicesAlbany State University Moving ServicesAlcorn State University Moving ServicesAppalachian State University Moving ServicesApproximate Moving Cost CalculatorArizona State University Downtown Phoenix Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Polytechnic Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Tempe Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University West Campus Moving ServicesArkansas State University Moving ServicesArkansas Tech University (ATU) Moving ServicesArmstrong State University Moving ServicesAthens State University Moving ServicesAuburn University at Montgomery Moving ServicesAuburn University Moving ServicesAugusta University Moving ServicesBall State University Moving ServicesBari, ItalyBemidji State University Moving ServicesBest Questions To Ask Local Movers
- Moving To AfghanistanMoving To AlbaniaMoving To AlgeriaMoving To AndorraMoving To AngolaMoving To Antigua and BarbudaMoving To ArgentinaMoving To ArmeniaMoving To AustraliaMoving To AustriaMoving To AzerbaijanMoving To BahamasMoving To BahrainMoving To BangladeshMoving To BarbadosMoving To BelarusMoving To BelgiumMoving To BelizeMoving To BeninMoving To BhutanMoving To BoliviaMoving To Bosnia And HerzegovinaMoving To BotswanaMoving To BrazilMoving To Brunei
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September