Gabon International Moving Services
Moving anywhere is not easy. Even moving a few blocks to a new apartment has its own challenges. That explains why big international moves are dreaded by many people everywhere. Our Gabon International Moving Services are designed to remove all the fear from moving overseas. Even if you are moving with your car, we will make sure that everything goes smoothly from the planning phase to the unpacking phase.
Moving to Gabon Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Libreville||$3,600- $6,000||$6,600- $11,000||4-7 weeks|
|New York to Gabon||$3,600- $6,000||$6,600- $11,000||4-7 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Gabon||$3,600- $6,000||$6,800- $11,100||4-7 weeks|
|Seattle to Libreville||$4,000- $6,700||$7,600- $12,600||4-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Libreville||$4,100- $6,800||$7,600- $12,500||4-7 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Gabon||$4,100- $6,800||$7,600- $12,600||4-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Libreville||$4,300- $7,200||$8,100- $13,200||4-7 weeks|
|Chicago to Libreville||$4,600- $7,600||$8,500- $13,900||4-7 weeks|
|Phoenix to Libreville||$4,800- $8,000||$8,800- $14,600||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Libreville||$6,100- $10,100||$11,100- $18,300||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Is import duty exemption available?
You can bring household items into Gabon without paying duty - provided you’ve lived outside the country for a minimum of 12 months. You also must have owned and personally used these goods for at least the last six months. To be eligible for exemption, your shipment must arrive no later than six months after you enter Gabon. You also aren’t permitted to lend out, sell or get rid of these belongings while in the country. Finally, all paperwork should be filed 15 days before your goods enter port (1).
Do any import regulations apply?
You should expect to pay RUSID tax, which currently stands at 2% to 4% of your shipment’s CIF value (2).
What paperwork will customs request?
You must provide a non-sale certificate, confirming that you won’t sell your belongings while in the country. Customs also requires a Resident Permit, Work Permit and/or Letter of Employment. In addition, you must have a Change of Residence Certificate issued by the embassy or consulate in your origin country.
A full inventory that includes monetary values is required as well, along with a cargo tracking note. Your passport and the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for your shipment are also mandatory documentation (3).
Is import duty exemption available for your vehicle?
Unfortunately, the standard import duty cannot be waived when importing your vehicle. You’ll have to pay the going rate, which is 53.4% of the CIF value. In addition, only vehicles which were manufactured no more than three years ago, are eligible for importation. Keep in mind that customs requires your Original Bill of Lading to list the engine volume, chassis and engine numbers, year, make and model (4).
What paperwork will customs request for your vehicle?
When importing a vehicle into Gabon, you must provide the registration and title. The purchase invoice and a roadworthy certificate from your origin country are also required. Documents proving your ownership and the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill must be shown as well. An Interpol authorization and cargo tracking note (Bordereau d’Identification Electronique de Tracabilite des Cargaisons) complete the list (5).
Customs regulations and filing requirements are subject to change, and the above discussion isn’t exhaustive. Check with customs before sending your goods to Gabon, in order to avoid any problems during clearance.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Need to move to Gabon? Don’t fret. Here are some tips to make your life easier as you plan the move:
- Change your address a few weeks before your actual move. This will ensure that any shipments made in the transition period are sent to your new home.
- Don’t fill your luggage with things you don’t need or things that you can easily buy in Gabon. Consider giving away or donating some items to free up space.
- If you have things that are too valuable to give away, start selling them on eBay or craigslist about 6 weeks before moving.
- Arrange for a charity organization to collect the things that you would like to donate some weeks before your departure date so you won’t have to take them there yourself.
- Find out if you’ll be required to meet any requirements before you get your Gabon visa.
- Look for a moving company that offers the international moving services that you require and inquire about their process and charges.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
If there is one thing that really takes the burden out of moving, it is hiring a professional moving company. Here’s why you should consider getting professional Gabon International Moving Services:
- It could save you money. Imagine how much it would cost you if you damage your plasma screen TV or your treasured grand piano while trying to move it yourself?
- You save time. When you let the company handle the move, you free up time to focus on other more important things like getting a Gabon driving license.
- Your valuables are insured against any unexpected occurrences.
- You get access to specialized tools and equipment for moving as well as expert help for any challenges you might be facing.
How to find the best international moving company
Given that the success of your move will be determined by the company that you choose, it is important that you are very careful when picking the company to get Gabon International Moving Services from. Here’s how to choose:
- Get recommendations from friends who have made overseas moves in the past.
- Ask if the company has online reviews from past customers and read them.
- Find out if they are licensed to operate a moving company by asking for their US DOT number and checking it here.
- Ask if they have an insurance policy that covers your belongings while they are in transit. It is also a good idea to find out how they handle claims.
- Find out how long they have offered moving services to Gabon. You should be careful dealing with a company that’s new to the industry.
Our Gabon International Moving Services
Here are the international moving services that we offer:
- Packing/unpacking: We will safely pack your belongings, move them and unpack in your new home.
- Commercial moving: Need to move your business? We have just the service for you.
- Office moves: Our managed office moves will ensure that everything in your office is moved safely and with minimum downtime.
- Apartment moves: Move hassle-free to your new apartment in Gabon by allowing us to handle the move.
- Planning and preparation: Our guide will make sure that you don’t forget anything as you prepare for the move.
- Visa and immigration services: Get help from immigration experts who are very familiar with Gabon immigration law.
- Family services: If you are travelling with the whole family, our family services will ensure that everyone is happy and comfortable.
- Auto transport services: You have worked hard to keep your car in tip-top condition. Don’t leave it behind. Let us transport it for you.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Here are more reasons why you should move with us:
- We tailor all our services to meet our clients’ needs.
- We are fully licensed and insured to make international move.
- We give you updates on the progress whenever you need them.
Get in touch!
Talk to us on 888-509-3213 or fill the form above and we will get back to you with more details.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Gabon” page.
-Documents must be filed two weeks before shipment’s arrival, according to:
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Gabon” page.