- French Guiana International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To French Guiana?
- Chosen Moving Method
- Time Of Year
- Moving To French Guiana Cost & Time Examples
- Can Import Duties Be Waived?
- What Paperwork Does Customs Need?
- Can Import Duties On Vehicles Be Waived?
- What Paperwork Does Customs Need For Vehicles?
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our French Guiana International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Move With Us!
French Guiana International Moving Services
Changes in a company, the industry or an individual’s life may call for a business or an individual to relocate. Relocation or international moving can be a process that proves to be long and tedious. In such cases, professionals who provide international moving services may be sought so as to have a stress-free move. Hiring the services of such companies will help you also get car transportation services.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to French Guiana?
The cost of moving internationally to French Guiana can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on a variety of factors such as the size of move, total distance, route, transportation method, and current market trends.
French Guiana is an overseas department of France on the northeast coast of South America. Moving your household things to the area will cost you anything from $3,000 for a 2-bedroom apartment to $13,000 for a 4-bedroom apartment.
This variation in moving costs is because of many factors, like the moving method you want to use and the time of the year you want to ship your things.
Chosen Moving Method
The moving method you, as the customer, want the shipping company to use will affect the moving cost.
Different moving methods come with different moving rates, thereby affecting the costs. If you choose the expedited moving method, where your things are transported quickly, you will pay more than if you use a basic shipping method.
Sometimes, your moving method depends on the circumstances surrounding your relocation. Keep this in mind when planning your move to another country like French Guiana.
Time of Year
The time of the year you are transporting your household goods will affect the cost of moving. The moving cost changes with the season.
One of the reasons these changes in moving rates occur is the weather. Certain shipping routes are harder to navigate under certain weather conditions. So, shippers charge more to follow those routes during harsh weather conditions. For example, shippers will be reluctant to navigate certain routes during typhoon season.
The demand for shipping services at various times of the year will also influence the shipping costs, as high demand leads to high shipping rates.
Moving to French Guiana Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Matoury||$3,300- $5,500||$6,200- $10,300||4-6 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Cayenne||$3,600- $6,000||$6,700- $11,000||4-6 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Matoury||$3,700- $6,200||$6,900- $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Matoury||$3,700- $6,200||$6,900- $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Charlotte to Cayenne||$3,700- $6,200||$6,900- $11,400||4-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Cayenne||$3,900- $6,300||$7,100- $11,700||4-6 weeks|
|Portland to Cayenne||$4,000- $6,500||$7,300- $12,100||4-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Cayenne||$4,100- $6,800||$7,600- $12,500||4-6 weeks|
|Memphis to Cayenne||$4,100- $6,800||$7,600- $12,500||4-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Cayenne||$4,200- $7,100||$7,800- $13,000||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Can import duties be waived?
Customs does allow duty exemption in certain cases, but you must meet the required conditions. You must have a valid Certificate of Change of Residence, though a Certificate of Transfer (within your company) will also be sufficient. Whether these documents alone are enough for duty exemption isn’t specified - but you will certainly be required to pay duty without them (1).
If your shipment is assessed import duty, then expect to pay the Octroi de Mer - which literally translates as the “granting of sea” (2). This refers to dock duties on shipments, and French Guiana currently charges between 12% to 22%.
What paperwork does customs need?
Prior to releasing your goods for entry into the country, customs requires the proper documents to be filed. You must provide a Certificate of Property, along with your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. They also need to see proof of residency within the country, which comes in the form of a lease agreement, utility bill or the like (which should be dated no more than 3 months ago). A valid Certificate of Transfer or Certificate of Change of Residence is also required. You must have a full inventory on hand too, along with a separate packing list (3).
Can import duties on vehicles be waived?
The requirements for duty exemption on your vehicle, are identical to those listed for your household belongings. You’ll again need to show either a Certificate of Transfer or Certificate of Change of Residence. Whether there are additional requirements for exemption isn’t mentioned by knowledgeable sources - so you may want to confirm this with customs.
If you aren’t eligible to receive duty exemption, then the rate for vehicle importation is 22% (4).
What paperwork does customs need for vehicles?
You’ll have to show the vehicle’s registration, which was issued in your origin country. A certificate of insurance verifying that coverage is in place, is also required. Customs will also request a certified statement concerning the vehicle and a Non-Sale Certificate (5).
It’s quite possible that additional regulations or filing requirements apply, to both your household effects and vehicle. Also, customs policies are subject to change - so it’s best to confirm the latest information directly with them.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
To enjoy a smooth process while making your move, apply the following tips:
- Research on companies that are licensed to provide French Guiana International Moving Services. Narrow your search to one that will meet your needs and match your budget.
- Package and label your items well so as to ensure ease of movement and storage as well as proper handling of any fragile goods.
- Gather as much information on rules that govern shipping to French Guiana. You can also get valuable resources from the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website.
- For quick and easy processing, prepare your travel documents and present them as and when required.
- Liaise with the moving company. Good communication ensures that actions to be taken are well stated hence fully understood.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating to French Guiana or any other location may be challenging. This is why you will need to seek French Guiana International Moving Services. This enables you to enjoy benefits such as document processing, packing and unpacking, transportation and storage of your goods. You will be able to make your move and get assistance from start to finish. A professional moving company will do their best to make your relocation less overwhelming.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
To find the best international moving company, you will need to put a number of factors into consideration. The following are some of the questions that you need to pose:
- Will the moving company offer you with reliable, timely and secure transportation?
- Will you receive timely support from a professional team?
- Is the company licensed to provide French Guiana International Moving Services?
- What is the company’s rating and performance?
- What is the estimated cost and does it match your budget?
Our French Guiana international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We go the extra mile to make the move effortless by packing and unpacking your goods.
- Commercial moving: Big or small businesses can make the move in an affordable way.
- Office moves: We handle your inventory and help you set up shop.
- Apartment moves: Move to your new apartment at French Guiana with ease.
- Planning and preparation: We offer support to ensure that your big move is well planned and prepared for.
- Visa and immigration services: While you may not require a tourist visa to visit French Guiana for a stay up to 90 days, you may need one for a longer stay and we can guide you through the application process.
- Housing assistance: We have specialized in helping people to move from one home to another without unnecessary delays.
- Family services: We know that each family is unique and that is why we offer tailor-made services uniquely suited for yours.
- Auto transport services: We can transport your car safely and in a timely manner. The cost will depend on the level of security required, the speed of delivery as well as the type of carrier.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We know that you want a reliable, timely and affordable means of transporting your valuables when it is time to relocate. We are capable of doing so while handling all other pertinent details surrounding your move. We also know that you want professionals who are trustworthy, reliable and experienced. We are an international moving company that is all that and more!
Our services are nothing but professional and top-notch. We at A-1 Auto Transport know that you are making a big move and we go the extra mile to ensure that your relocation is as easy as can possibly be.
Move with us!
Please fill out the form at the top of the page. We look forward to hearing from you! Call us any time at on 888-241-3110. Do not hesitate to get in touch if you need information on the services available or our pricing. You can also get in touch using the contact details provided here. Make the right move by moving with us!