- France International Moving Services
- Moving To France Cost & Time Examples
- Duties You’ll Pay When Moving To France
- Paperwork You’ll Need When Moving To France
- Duties You’ll Pay On Your Vehicle During Import
- Regulations You’ll Face When Importing Your Vehicle
- Paperwork You’ll Need When Importing Your Vehicle
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our France International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get In Touch
- Popular Moving Destinations In France
- Other Services
- Popular Routes
France International Moving Services
Are you thinking of moving overseas to France? Kindly do not attempt to make the move all by yourself. The process is tedious, time-consuming and very complex. You are bound to experience many hitches since your understanding of all legal requirements may be limited.
Moving to France Cost & Time Examples
|Houston to Paris||$4,000 - $5,500||$7,400 - $10,000||3-5 weeks|
|Miami to Lyon||$4,200 - $5,800||$7,700 - $10,400||3-5 weeks|
|Atlanta to Marseille||$4,400 - $5,900||$8,000 - $10,700||3-5 weeks|
|Seattle to Marseille||$4,500 - $6,000||$8,300 - $11,300||5-7 weeks|
|Portland to Paris||$5,000 - $6,800||$9,200 - $12,500||5-7 weeks|
|San Diego to Lyon||$5,100 - $6,900||$9,500 - $12,800||5-7 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Paris||$5,100 - $6,900||$9,200 - $12,500||3-5 weeks|
|Chicago to Lyon||$5,100 - $6,900||$9,200 - $12,500||3-5 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Paris||$5,300 - $7,200||$9,900 - $13,200||5-7 weeks|
|Denver to Paris||$7,100 - $9,500||$12,800 - $17,200||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties you’ll pay when moving to France
If you’ll be shipping most of your household belongings to France, these can be imported without paying duty. In order to be eligible for exemption, you must have owned these goods for a minimum of six months (outside of France). When relocating your primary residence into the country, your shipment must enter France no later than a year after your move. For any items which had duty waived, you aren’t permitted to sell these goods for at least 12 months (1).
Paperwork you’ll need when moving to France
Customs will ask for documents showing residency inside the country. A Certificate of Change of Residence from the French consulate in your origin country is also required. You also must provide a comprehensive inventory (with values included), and a packing list as well. A non-resale attestation and your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill must also be submitted. For those goods which you’ve owned for less than 6 months, receipts are required (2).
Duties you’ll pay on your vehicle during import
You can bring your vehicle into the country, if you classify it as part of your personal effects. You also must demonstrate that you are moving to France long term. If you’ll be in the country for a shorter time - duty exemption is still possible. You’ll need to be moving for employment purposes, have lived outside of France for more than the last 12 months - and owned the vehicle for a minimum of six months. The vehicle also must be classified for commercial use, in order to receive duty exemption in this way (3).
Regulations you’ll face when importing your vehicle
Quite a number of regulations are imposed on vehicle imports, including the stipulation that you not sell, lend out or get rid of the vehicle for a minimum of two years. You should also know that vehicles made by certain manufacturers are not allowed into the country.
The vehicle is also required to adhere to French technical standards and be roadworthy (and it will be inspected to verify that this is the case) (4). Xenon headlights with automated cleaning and a system to detect weight are also mandatory specifications for your vehicle. If your vehicle does not have these features installed, then conversion is required (5).
Paperwork you’ll need when importing your vehicle
Customs requires certain documentation, starting with the vehicle’s title and registration. An import declaration must also be provided, along with the purchase receipt or invoice (which should list the amount paid in taxes) (6).
Before shipping either your vehicle or household items to France, other regulations must be followed. You’ll need additional paperwork as well, otherwise your goods could face fines or delays. To avoid these unnecessary issues, talk to French customs about all the requirements for your particular situation.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Visa, passport, and residency: Part of your preparations will entail applying for the necessary documents. In the case of France, you do not need to have a visa for the first 90 days as a US Citizen. However, if you intend to stay for longer, you will need to make arrangements for a longer-stay visa through the Embassy of France. To get your passport, make an application through the US Government. Also, find out what you will need for residency; whether you qualify for a permanent or temporary one and what documents are needed for the application process. Also look into the process of applying for a work permit.
- Packing: Begin to pack your belongings about three months to the day of moving. Sift through your various items to find out what you do not need. Sort your valuables in batches depending on size. If you do this, your household items will be packed in an orderly manner that will make unpacking easy for you. Your items will also occupy less space which will save you some money.
- Research: Get more information about the place to which you will be moving. Start by reaching out to friends and family members. You can also go online and Google for information such as the local culture, languages, cities, regions, rules, and regulations.
Why you need a professional moving company
Moving overseas is an arduous task that can take you months to prepare and you will still not succeed. It is also very tedious and without professional help, you may damage or lose your valuables. Professional movers help to move this process along much faster, they are also more efficient and you end up saving time and money. The movers will also ensure that they handle your belongings with care and deliver them on time.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
When looking for France International Moving Services, there will be many options that you can get from friends, family, and online sources. Nevertheless, to get the best professional mover, kindly consider these:
- Always choose to work with movers who abide by the law. The basic rule is that all international moving companies should be licensed.
- Insurance that covers damage for items on transit will help to compensate you in case there are any damages.
- Read customer reviews online: Other people’s comments will help you make an informed choice.
- Choose an affordable package: Ensure you compare different rates for the service package that you want.
- Settle for a company that has achieved the highest service standards by attaining accreditations.
Our France International Moving Services
The package comprises:
- Packing/unpacking: Leave the loading and offloading of your valuables to us.
- Apartment moves: We will help you switch between rental apartments.
- Corporate moves: We will see to it that you successfully move your business or office and settle-in as quickly as possible.
- Planning and preparation: We will provide useful information to get you ready for move day.
- Housing assistance: We can help you make arrangements to move to a suitable house.
- Family services: We will find family-friendly service providers such as hospitals for you.
- Visa and immigration services: We will offer a helping hand in applying for France visa and immigration services.
- Auto transport: We can tackle all aspects of international vehicle shipping.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Our experience speaks for itself. We have been in operation for more than 30 years and have helped thousands of people move overseas during this time. You too can rely on us as we guarantee you that our service is top-notch backed by our vast know-how as regards international relocation. If you have any questions regarding international moving, we will be glad to give you the answers.
Get in touch
If time has come and you want to relocate overseas, get in touch with us by calling our experts on our toll-free number 888-509-3213. You can also receive free cost estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Popular moving destinations in France
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into France” page.
(3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into France” page.
(4) Found on Moverscom “Customs Regulations - France” page.
(5) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into France” page.