Moving to Europe from the USA
Moving from the U.S.A. to Europe is a huge change but in most cases, a great one. Living abroad will prove to be an invaluable experience. With this being said, the challenges you face during your relocation are worth the end results. Luckily, there are many reliable overseas movers in the world that can make the act of moving to another nation much easier on everyone.
The most difficult part of the entire process is trying to comply with foreign policies. You’ll have to provide the Customs Department with various forms of proof before you and your belongings are permitted lawfully into the country. An international moving company will have the knowledge and experience necessary to help make the transition as smooth as possible.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Preparing for the Big Move…
It is best to prepare for your relocation months in advance. Obtaining the forms of proof required by Customs can take some time. Not to mention, you’ll have to start packing if you opted not to let the moving company come and do it for you. Below, you’ll find a list of some things you’ll be responsible for during the transition. Of course, your movers will be there to guide you along the way.
- Start going through your possessions and decide what you’d like to have transported over to Europe. The less you bring, the less your moving services will cost. If you have the time and enough stuff to rid of, hold a garage sale to make some extra cash.
- If you’re not choosing to go with full service moving, buy packaging materials and pack up one room at a time. Put heavy items in small boxes and lighter items in large boxes. Seal each box with packing tape and label it clearly. You will want to pack according to the standards of the moving company. Keep all valuables, personal items, and things of sentimental value with you during the relocation, if you can.
- Make sure all the items you’re shipping to Europe are permitted into the nation. Contact the embassy of the European country you’re moving to get informed of all the prohibited items, current import policies, and the most recent tax rates.
- Collect all the forms of proof required. This includes copies of passports and/or visas, an inventory list of the goods shipping over, the customs declaration or the CF 3299 form, and other country specific forms and documents. Pets will need proof of microchipping as well as current medical records.
You’ll find that there is a lot more to care for during the relocation than what is listed above, but with the assistance of a dependable international mover, you’ll have time to focus on other matters before you leave the U.S.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services