Ethiopia International Moving Services
International moves are becoming more and more popular by the day. More people are actually finding greener pastures in other countries. This is one of the main reasons behind the global increase in overseas moves.
If you find an attractive deal in Ethiopia, don’t hesitate because of the challenges that come with relocating. Just take the job and let us worry about moving you there. Our fully managed Ethiopia International Moving Services come with everything you need to settle into your new home.
Moving to Ethiopia Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Addis Ababa||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,700||5-8 weeks|
|NY to Addis Ababa||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,700||5-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Addis Ababa||$4,600- $7,600||$8,600- $14,100||5-8 weeks|
|LA to Addis Ababa||$4,600- $7,700||$8,700- $14,400||5-9 weeks|
|Seattle to Addis Ababa||$4,600- $7,700||$8,700- $14,400||5-9 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Dire Dawa||$4,800- $8,000||$8,900- $14,600||4-8 weeks|
|Portland to Addis Ababa||$4,900- $8,100||$9,100- $15,000||5-9 weeks|
|Memphis to Addis Ababa||$4,900- $8,100||$9,100- $14,900||5-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Dire Dawa||$5,000- $8,300||$9,500- $15,500||5-9 weeks|
|Denver to Addis Ababa||$6,700- $11,000||$12,300- $20,200||6-10 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties assessed by Ethiopian customs
Even used household belongings are charged duty, when entering the country. The only exception are toiletries, jewelry and your personal clothing. Also included are any typical furniture and household effects (if they’re used and you won’t sell them within Ethiopia). You can also bring in certain professional tools of your trade without paying duty. Otherwise, all regular household goods will have import duty levied upon them (1).
Paperwork required by Ethiopian customs
The list of necessary documentation when importing your household belongings includes your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. Customs will also request a comprehensive inventory, which includes monetary values for all of your items (listed in either Euros or USD). An additional packing list must also be submitted, as well as your passport (2).
You must provide an International Health Certificate as well, and this should show that you’ve been vaccinated for yellow fever. A Declaration of Customer should also be filed, confirming how long you’ll be in the country and how much currency you’re carrying. Finally, a Power of Attorney permissions an international moving company like A1 Auto Transport, to help process your goods through customs (3).
Duties assessed on your vehicle by Ethiopian customs
No mention of duty exemption is made by reputable sources, and the standard rate is quite high. How much you’ll pay depends upon the power of your vehicle’s engine. If it produces 1,500cc of power or less - then the duty rate is 70%. For more powerful vehicles, the rate can jump as high as 96% (4).
Paperwork required for your vehicle by Ethiopian customs
Before shipping your vehicle to Ethiopia, you’ll need to obtain a Vehicle Import Authorization from the Road Transport Authority (RTA). You also must provide an Import Authorization issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The vehicle identification number (VIN) and the owner’s manual must be provided as well. Paperwork showing the engine and chassis number, year it was made, make, model and engine size is also needed (5).
Quite a number of other documents and regulations apply when shipping household goods and vehicles into Ethiopia. To confirm you haven’t missed any requirements, speak to customs for a comprehensive overview of the process.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Most people cringe at the idea of moving to a new country. They have every right to do so because it is a pretty tough decision to make. Here are some tips that will help make life easier for you once you make that decision.
- Ethiopia’s holiday schedule might be different from your home country. Don’t plan your move to arrive on a public holiday. It could result in some unnecessary delays.
- If you decide to do the packing yourself, pack one room at a time and label the boxes. It will give you an easier time unpacking.
- Take a photo of the connections on your electronics to remind you of where each wire goes.
- Take a photo of your old home after everything has been removed and that of your new home just before moving in if you hope to get back your deposit.
- Read about visa requirements for entering Ethiopia and ensure that you are compliant.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Getting Ethiopia International Moving Services from a professional moving company will make your move much more bearable for every member of the family. Here are some benefits of going with a professional.
- Moving companies understand the process from the time the shipment leaves your door so they know how to prepare everything for the process.
- Your friends and family won’t need to come up with lame excuses why they can’t come and help you. It’s tiring and stressful so don’t make them do it.
- Moving companies have the right tools and equipment for the move. They have lifting devices, tools to dismantle anything that needs dismantling and packing supplies. Don’t break your back lifting heavy appliances.
- In case an accident occurs during the move, professional moving companies have insurance policies that will cover any damage on your valuables.
How to find the best international moving company
Do a simple online search for “moving company in ” and you’ll get dozens of companies that all claim to be the best for your move. How do you choose? It’s quite easy, actually.
- If you have friends who have ever made an overseas move in the past, ask them for recommendations. If your friends have never made such a move, turn to Yelp and read user reviews for the companies that catch your eye.
- Are they licensed? Ask for their US DOT number and search for it here. Also make sure that they have a cargo insurance policy.
- How long have they been in business? A long track record shows that they can be trusted to deliver.
Our Ethiopia International Moving Services
Here are the Ethiopia International Moving Services that you can get from A-1 Auto Transport:
- Packing/unpacking: We safely pack everything, then we unpack and place everything back where it belongs.
- Commercial Moving: This service moves your business to your new location.
- Office moves: Our office moves are tailored to ensure minimum downtime during the move.
- Apartment moves: We will transport everything safely from your old apartment to your new one.
- Planning and preparation: Our guide will take your hand from the start of the process until everything is safely in Ethiopia.
- Visa and immigration services: Our Ethiopian immigration experts will advise you about the immigration requirements for your move.
- Family services: Get services tailored for the needs of each family member.
- Auto transport services: Bring your car with you to Ethiopia using our auto transport services.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We are the leading professionals in the international moving scene in Ethiopia. You’ll be getting:
- International moving services tailored for your needs
- Safe and secure transportation of your belongings to your destination in Ethiopia
- You can request for updates on the progress at any time
Get in touch!
Fill the form above or call us and let’s move you to Ethiopia! The number to call is 888-509-3213.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Ethiopia” page.
(3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Ethiopia” page.