- Estonia International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Estonia?
- Moving Your Car
- Transportation Method
- Moving To Estonia Cost & Time Examples
- Does Estonia Charge Import Duties On Household Goods?
- What Documents Does Customs Require?
- Does Estonia Charge Import Duties On Your Vehicle?
- What Documents Are Required For Your Vehicle?
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Make The Switch!
- Popular Routes
Estonia International Moving Services
Do you think it is time to move to Estonia? If so, you will soon discover that moving overseas is not as easy as hoping across states. Indeed, a lot of preparation takes place making it a complex, tedious process. Not to mention the various international immigration rules and regulations you have to adhere to.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Estonia?
The cost of moving internationally to Estonia can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on a variety of factors such as the total distance, route, size of move, transportation method, and current market trends.
On international moves, we know you want to keep the cost as low as possible and to do this, you have to be familiar with the factors that significantly impact the total cost of moving. It would help if you constantly communicate with your moving company about hidden fees or additional charges as these can substantially affect the price.
Furthermore, the size of your move is a major factor that influences the cost of your move. To keep it low, you have to throw away items you no longer need and take only the ones that are most important to you. Other factors include:
Moving Your Car
You will incur extra costs if you have to ship your car to Estonia. For this purpose, you have to liaise with an auto transport company specializing in international car shipping. You will also have to register in Estonia for a new driver's license, ensure your car is insured, and register your vehicle. You must also comply with all safety and environmental standards in Estonia.
This is a factor that determines the final cost of your move. If you decide to ship your belongings by air, you would be spending more than when you ship by sea, which is the cheapest option. Regardless of your move, the ground transport method will be required at the start and completion of your move.
You usually don't get to your new destination before your belongings. This is because you might not move when the moving company ships your belongings. So, you have to use storage facilities, where your belongings will be safely kept before your arrival. This will also add up to your total moving cost.
Moving to Estonia Cost & Time Examples
|Houston to Tallinn||$3,300 - $5,500||$6,200 - $10,300||3-6 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Tartu||$3,500 - $5,900||$6,500 - $10,800||3-6 weeks|
|Charlotte to Tallinn||$3,700 - $6,200||$6,900 - $11,300||3-6 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Tallinn||$4,000 - $6,500||$7,400 - $12,300||5-8 weeks|
|San Jose to Tallinn||$4,000 - $6,700||$7,600 - $12,500||5-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Tallinn||$4,100 - $6,800||$7,600 - $12,500||3-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Tartu||$4,500 - $7,400||$8,200 - $13,500||3-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Tartu||$4,600 - $7,700||$8,700 - $14,300||5-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Tallinn||$4,800 - $7,800||$8,700 - $14,400||5-8 weeks|
|Denver to Tallinn||$6,000 - $9,900||$11,000 - $18,100||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Does Estonia charge import duties on household goods?
If you’ve owned and personally used your household items for at least six months - then you’ll be eligible for duty exemption. You also must bring them into the country no later than one year after moving to Estonia. You also must have resided outside of Estonia for the last 12 months. Finally, customs mandates that you not transfer ownership, let others borrow or get rid of these items while in the country (1).
What documents does customs require?
Before your shipment will be cleared for entry, customs must receive the necessary paperwork. This list includes your lease or purchase agreement - which proves you have established a residency within the country. Your Resident ID card is also required, along with a valid work contract. Documents showing residency outside of Estonia for a minimum of the last year, are also necessary for duty exemption. Customs will request your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill as well, along with a full packing list. Your passport and plane ticket (if you flew into the country) are also needed (2).
Does Estonia charge import duties on your vehicle?
Customs will waive the typical import duties, if you’ve been living in another country for at least the last 12 months (3). You also must file all the necessary paperwork, in order to receive duty exemption (4).
What documents are required for your vehicle?
You must have a customs certificate and declaration - as this allows you to register with the Estonian Motor Vehicle Registration Center after entry. You must register your vehicle no later than 5 days after customs processing is complete. A pre-registration inspection of your vehicle is also required, before customs will authorize your vehicle to pass into the country.
Other paperwork needed for your vehicle includes a Letter of Employment and your passport. You also must provide the purchase invoice, along with the vehicle’s title and registration. The Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill will be requested as well (5).
Relocating to Estonia involves more paperwork and regulations, so you should discuss your impending move with customs. They’ll be able to inform you about all the requirements for your shipments - to ensure you aren’t surprised when trying to clear your goods through customs.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Packing: It is important to start packing early; about 90 days to the day of moving. This will help to organize your belongings in batches that can be grouped easily for shipping. Doing so also helps you sort out your valuables and get rid of those items you do not need. Packing early helps one avoid the last minute rush. In fact, if you pack your household items well-in-advance, you will arrange everything in an orderly manner hence use a lot less space. This translates to cheaper shipping costs.
- Documents: Ensure your travel documents are in order. These include your visa and US Government issued passport. As a US citizen going to Estonia, you do not need a visa for the first 90 days. However, if you plan to stay longer, make certain that you facilitate prior arrangements with the Estonian Embassy in the US, to apply for a longer-term visa.
- Research: It is important to have information about the location to which you will be moving. Start by searching the internet. Also, engage with friends and family who either reside there or have been there. As you do so, learn about the local culture, language(s) spoken, rules, and regulations, among others.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
International moving is a tedious, time-consuming, physically and mentally straining task. If left to tackle it alone, you may take weeks or months just to get things ready. You may also end up losing or damaging your valuables.
Using professional movers will give you a much better experience. This is because they have the personnel and equipment needed to tackle the job. Not only will they ensure that your valuables get to your destination safely, they will save you time and money.
How to find the best international moving company
When looking for Estonia International Moving Services, you will have so many options, but you only need the best. Begin by searching the internet and asking friends and family members for recommendations. Before you settle for a specific mover, kindly consider the following:
- Choose a company that adheres to standard regulations. In this case, the basic requirement is that all international moving companies must be licensed.
- Settle for a company that has insurance that covers goods on transit.
- You will get the best service by choosing a mover that has achieved the highest service standards and has received accreditations for their feat.
- Compare the different rates and choose the most affordable quality package.
- Read customer reviews online. The more the positive than negative reviews, the better the company.
Our international moving services
This is what our Estonia International Moving Services package entails:
- Packing/unpacking: Let us handle the packing and unpacking for you.
- Corporate moves: We will help to relocate your business or office.
- Apartment moves: If you are switching rental apartments, leave it to us.
- Planning and preparation: We will be part of your preparations and planning prior to the day of moving.
- Visa and immigration services: We will offer a helping hand in applying for Estonia visa and immigration services.
- Housing assistance: We will find a suitable house for you.
- Family services: We will help you to locate family service providers such as hospitals.
- Auto transport: We have the expertise to safely ship your vehicle.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Having been in the industry for more than 30 years, we know what moving abroad is all about. In fact, thousands of international clients have been able to move overseas through us. Most of our customers trust us because of our vast knowledge and information regarding international moving. We invite you to ask any questions and promise to give you the answers you seek.
Make the switch!
Talk to us by contacting out experts on our toll-free line 888-241-3110. Also, feel free to fill-out the form at the top of this page to get free estimates of our international moving services.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Estonia” page.
(3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Estonia” page.