Egypt International Moving Services
When the time comes to make an international move, you need someone who will assure you of a stress-free and safe delivery. You do not want to have it rough getting to move what you value. International moving is quite challenging due to the legalities involved. That is why you need a professional. Someone who will walk with you until your destination. A-1 Auto Transport is your preferred partner.
Moving to Egypt Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Alexandria||$1,400- $2,600||$2,700- $4,500||6-10 weeks|
|New York to Cairo||$1,500- $2,600||$2,700- $4,600||6-10 weeks|
|Seattle to Alexandria||$1,700- $2,800||$3,100- $5,300||7-12 weeks|
|LA to Cairo||$1,700- $3,000||$3,200- $5,400||7-12 weeks|
|Dallas to Alexandria||$1,800- $3,000||$3,100- $5,100||6-10 weeks|
|Charlotte to Cairo||$1,800- $3,000||$3,100- $5,100||6-10 weeks|
|Portland to Giza||$1,900- $3,200||$3,500- $5,700||7-12 weeks|
|Columbus to Cairo||$1,900- $3,300||$3,300- $5,700||6-10 weeks|
|Memphis to Cairo||$1,900- $3,300||$3,300- $5,700||6-10 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Giza||$2,100- $3,500||$3,600- $6,000||7-12 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Are import duties charged by Egypt?
Unfortunately, reputable sources disagree on the topic of import duties imposed by Egyptian customs. One source guides that duty exemption is not offered to foreigners, except for those who have diplomatic status or are working for certain international organizations (1). Another source differs, stating that new tax rules allow you to import your household belongings without paying duty.
To be eligible, you must qualify for temporary admission and be working on either government contracts or in the private sector. Customs will require a valid Letter of Guarantee, proving you have deposited enough funds to cover the duties, should you fail to export your belongings when your work contract is finished. You also must show a Work Visa, and this must cover the space of at least three months (2).
What are the paperwork requirements?
The correct documentation for your shipment must be submitted to customs, including a packing list. A separate inventory that lists values for all of your goods is also required, along with the Letter of Guarantee mentioned above (if you wish to obtain duty exemption). Your passport and your Work Permit or Egyptian Residency must be presented as well. The Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for your shipment(s) is also mandatory documentation (3).
Are import duties charged on your vehicle?
Egypt doesn’t make importing vehicles an affordable prospect, with taxes anywhere between 70 - 170% being imposed by customs (4). You’re also only permitted to import brand new vehicles (defined as having been manufactured in the current year), which have not had any previous owners. Prior authorization to bring your vehicle into Egypt is also necessary (5).
What are the paperwork requirements for your vehicle?
Before processing of your vehicle can be completed, customs will need your Certificate of Origin. Also required is a Non-Sale Certificate, stating that you won’t sell the vehicle while it’s in the country. The vehicle’s purchase invoice and proof of insurance coverage must also be shown. A Certificate of Origin and your Original Bill of Lading will be requested as well (6).
This overview covering the duties and documents mandated by Egyptian customs is far from comprehensive. In order to learn all the applicable requirements for your particular shipments, it’s imperative that you talk to customs for the most up-to-date information.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Moving to Egypt can be very challenging until you understand a few secrets.
- Preparation: Get everything you need to move ready and in the right condition. Assemble them at the same point for easy picking.
- Get your travel documents ready: Ensure that you have your passport ready and a valid visa to your new destination. If you are shipping a car to Egypt, get all travel documents from ministry of immigration.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
It is advisable to have a professional offer you Egypt International Moving Services. This is because:
- They will advise you on the entire moving process. They will guide you on the documentation required for moving your items.
- They will assist you in packing your items so that picking and dropping them will be easy.
- A professional will ensure that you and your valuables are fully insured.
How to find the best international moving company
- A reputable moving company should have been in business for a good number of years. This proves they have experience in dealing and giving solutions to as many people as possible.
- The company should have appropriate certification for moving within Egypt and other countries of operation. They should have a valid import and export permit as envisaged in the laws of the specific country.
- The company should have presence in every country of operation. They should have offices and agents well distributed in the respective countries.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Egypt international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: You need to have your items packed properly in order to avoid damages and the costs thereof. We offer this service as part of what we do to ensure our customers are satisfied.
- Commercial moving: You are in business. You to import your cars/motocycles/trucks or any other valuables, and are stuck on who can do this for you without a hitch. At an affordable rate, we will get everything you need to your new destination.
- Office moves: Do not struggle getting someone who can deliver your office ‘as it is’ to your destination. Our team of experts does that perfectly.
- Apartment moves: Indeed, it is tricky to move from or into an apartment due to space and parking constraints. You could be living on the eighth floor but this is not a hindrance to us. Whatever floor you are in, we will get you down and to your new destination safely.
- Planning and preparation: Allow us to help you plan for your move. We will assist you get everything right so that your international move is easy.
- Visa and immigration services: Visa and any other document you need from Egypt immigration department does not have to stress you. We have the roadmap and therefore will make it easy for you.
- Housing assistance: When you reach your destination, you need somewhere to stay and store your valuables. Our team on the ground will assist you settle easily.
- Family services: Are you contemplating leaving your family because of the technicalities involved? Don’t. Our Egypt International Moving Services will get everyone there safely -hassle free.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport is a company that has been in this business for over twenty-five years serving thousands of customers around the world. We have offices and agents well distributed around the country and abroad. Whenever you need any service, we are here for you. We will assist you get the right insurance cover for your valuables at an affordable rate. We make sure you are covered in case misfortune strikes. We have the right infrastructure to move anything across the provinces of Egypt and abroad.
We are your one stop shop for all your Egypt International Moving Services requirements. Talk to us on 888-509-3213 or contact us using the details provided here. You can also fill-out your details on the form on top of the page and our representatives will get back to you.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Egypt” page.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Egypt” page.