Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from East Timor
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
East Timor International Moving Services
Changes in an industry, the operations of a business or an individual’s life may bring about the need to relocate. With this comes the need to transport goods from one country to another. Professional moving companies provide international moving services such as transportation, storage, packing and unpacking and in general assist their clients to move with ease. You will also have peace of mind by having a shipping company transport your car to East Timor since they will handle all processes and transport your car safely.
Moving to East Timor Cost & Time Examples
|Los Angeles to Dili||$4,900 – $6,700||$9,100 – $12,200||5-7 weeks|
|Seattle to Dili||$4,900 – $6,700||$9,000 – $12,200||5-7 weeks|
|Portland to Dili||$5,100 – $6,900||$9,500 – $12,800||5-7 weeks|
|New York to Dili||$5,100 – $7,100||$9,800 – $13,100||6-8 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Dili||$5,500 – $7,400||$10,300 – $13,900||6-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Dili||$5,600 – $7,700||$10,500 – $14,100||5-7 weeks|
|Dallas to Maliana||$5,800 – $7,800||$10,700 – $14,400||6-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Dili||$6,000 – $8,200||$11,300 – $15,100||6-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Dili||$6,000 – $8,200||$11,300 – $15,100||6-8 weeks|
|Denver to Maliana||$7,200 – $9,800||$13,100 – $17,600||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Duties imposed by East Timor
According to one reputable source, if you can show customs that you’re employed with a registered aid organization – then you will be exempted from the regular import duties. This exemption covers a single shipment over the water and one via air. If you don’t have ties to an aid organization (or diplomatic status), then you’ll have to pay import duty on your shipment of household goods. In contrast to many countries, this rate isn’t hard and fast. It’s possible to discuss this rate with customs, and negotiate the fees for your goods (1).
Documents needed to import your goods
During the customs clearance process, you must hand over your packing list and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. You’ll also need to provide your passport. If you’ll be applying for duty exemption, then you must submit a tax exemption certificate. This should be issued from your employer (which should be a registered aid organization or foreign embassy). Your employer’s tax identification number is also required for exemption (2).
Duties imposed on your vehicle
The same prerequisites for duty exemption apply to vehicles, and if you don’t meet these conditions – then the standard rate will be charged. In order to be eligible for importation, your vehicle can’t be manufactured more than 5 years ago. It’s also required to be a right-hand drive vehicle (3). An engine size limit of 600cc is enforced – though this may only apply to motorcycles (4).
Documents needed to import your vehicle
Detailed paperwork is required by customs, before they will permit your vehicle to enter East Timor. You must have the vehicle’s title and registration, as well as your Bill of Lading. You’ll also need a Permit from the National Director of Ground Transportation and your passport. Paperwork demonstrating your residency in the country and verifying your student or employment status should also be provided. Your driver’s license and proof that you own the vehicle being imported round out the list of necessary documentation (5).
A number of other rules and paperwork requirements apply, when bringing your household goods and vehicle into East Timor. You must check with customs before embarking, otherwise you could face penalties, long clearance times or be denied entry entirely.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Relocation involves a number of tasks and details to be attended to. Make your international move easier by acting on the following handy tips:
- Prepare and package your belongings in a way that eases their handling and storage. Label them well and be sure to indicate if there are any fragile goods.
- Prepare your travel documents and proof of ownership well in advance so as to enable easy processing.
- Research on rules and regulations that govern shipping to East Timor (also known as Timor-Leste). There is information available online on the websites of agencies and authorities such as the US Department of Transport (USDOT).
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Whether or not you are new to relocating, you stand to benefit from the guidance and support provided by a professional moving company. Relocating brings about a lot of anxiety; what with the many goods to be moved from one point to another and with stops in between. A good moving company will provide you with the best East Timor International Moving Services. They will have the required experience to walk you through your journey from start to finish. It will also give you peace of mind to have your belongings stored, handled, packed and unpacked by a trusted team.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
There are many movers who provide international moving services but you need to find the best one for you. Your search may include seeking referrals from friends or conducting online searches. There are a number of factors that you need to consider before settling on the company that will provide you with the best East Timor International Moving Services. This includes the cost of transportation and other services provided. You also need to consider the company’s performance and success story. This can be indicated by the testimonials and ratings. It is also important to find out if the mover is licensed to ship to East Timor and if their insurance cover caters for third parties.
Our East Timor international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We make the move easy for you and pack and unpack your luggage.
- Commercial moving: Moving big or small businesses is our specialty.
- Office moves: Big moves are not a daunting task for us. We can help you set-up your office in your new location.
- Apartment moves: You have found a new home in East Timor? We help to make your move hassle-free!
- Planning and preparation: Our success story is mainly due to the careful planning, preparation and execution we undertake.
- Visa and immigration services: We guide you on how to make your tourist and business visa application and immigration process to East Timor stress-free.
- Housing assistance: We understand that you need to move with ease and that is why we offer you reliable housing services.
- Family services: Tailor-made services for each family’s unique demands are available.
- Auto transport services: We know that you would love to tour the beautiful country of East Timor in the comfort of your vehicle. We do our best to make this possible and at the most competitive rates.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
When you want to embark on a journey that you are unfamiliar with, you need a trusted guide. You will find a trusted, forthright and reliable partner in us. Our experience in the moving industry spans over 20 years and has made us the choice of many people who are relocating. Most of our clients also refer us to others which shows that we have provided satisfactory services to them. We are a solid company and will go the extra mile to make your journey stress-free. We provide a free quotation with no attached obligations. We will willingly provide you with the guidance you seek and the support you need.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We look forward to hearing from you! Give us a call on 888-509-3213 or get in touch using the contact details included here. We will respond in real-time.
-This may apply to all vehicles, though this isn’t abundantly clear – according to:
Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into East Timor (Timor-Leste)“ page.
-This engine size limit is only for motorcycles and motorbikes, not other vehicles as well. According to: