Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Dominican Republic
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Dominican Republic International Moving Services
Relocation is when a business or an individual pack up their belongings and move to a different country. This brings about the need to seek professional help from an international moving company who are equipped to execute the move in a seamless manner. Such a firm will also provide you with the service to safely ship your car to your new destination.
Moving to Dominican Republic Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Santo Domingo||$3,000- $4,900||$5,400- $9,000||3-5 weeks|
|New York to Santo Domingo||$3,000- $4,900||$5,400- $9,000||3-5 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Santo Domingo||$3,000- $5,000||$5,500- $9,100||3-5 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Santo Domingo||$3,300- $5,500||$6,200- $10,100||3-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Santo Domingo||$3,300- $5,500||$6,200- $10,100||3-6 weeks|
|Charlotte to Santo Domingo||$3,300- $5,500||$6,200- $10,100||3-5 weeks|
|Dallas to Santo Domingo||$3,500- $5,700||$6,300- $10,400||3-5 weeks|
|Chicago to Santo Domingo||$3,900- $6,500||$7,100- $11,700||3-5 weeks|
|Phoenix to Santo Domingo||$4,000- $6,700||$7,400- $12,200||3-6 weeks|
|Denver to Santo Domingo||$5,400- $8,900||$9,800- $16,100||3-6 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Import duties on shipments of household belongings
You’ll be able to have the normal import duties waived, if your household goods have been both owned and used by you for at least two years. You’ll only enjoy this duty exemption on a single shipment (as one is the limit).
If you decide to bring any new goods into the Dominican Republic, then the regular import duties will apply to these items. Finally, even if you are granted duty exemption – demurrage will be assessed if it takes longer than two weeks to process your goods (1).
Import paperwork for shipments of household belongings
If you’re looking to get an exemption, then you’ll need to provide your Resident visa. The Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for your shipment is also required. Customs will also request a comprehensive inventory, and this can be written in either Spanish or English. You may have to show your marriage or divorce certificate – though this doesn’t always appear to be necessary. Lastly, if you’ll be bringing any new belongings into the country, then the purchase or commercial invoice should be included in your paperwork (2).
Import duties on your vehicle
It’s possible that partial duty exemption will be granted, if you purchased the vehicle at least two years ago (3). However, this duty relief only seems to be given to returning citizens – so check with customs to learn more.
Other regulations apply when importing a vehicle into the Dominican Republic, including limitations on the engine’s power. It may only have 2,000cc and six cylinders at most. In addition, vehicles that fall within the luxury classification are not permitted into the country. Finally, though greater ownership times apply if you’re seeking duty exemption, you must own your vehicle for a minimum of one year for it to be eligible for importation (4).
Import paperwork for your vehicle
You’ll need to file the vehicle’s title and registration with customs, before it can be authorized for entry. The proper visa, your passport and driver’s license must also be shown. Expect to provide the Original Bill of Lading and your shipping invoice as well (5).
This is only an overview of all the rules, fees and documents that are relevant, when shipping your household goods and vehicle to the Dominican Republic. For comprehensive information, speak with customs about the requirements for your particular shipment.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
The following are tips that can assist you make your move easier:
- Research: Look for an international moving company that will cater to your needs in the best way possible. It should offer you affordable and reliable Dominican Republic International Moving Services.
- Packaging: There will be a lot of movement during the move. You therefore need to prepare and package your valuables in a way that keeps them safe during the move.
- Preparation of documents: There are bound to be travel documents which will need to be presented to and processed by the custom departments. You need to have this in-place well in advance.
- Liaise with the moving company: Establishing a good relationship with your moving company will give you the benefit of actions to be taken being well executed.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating to the Dominican Republic involves a lot of logistics and you may not be familiar with some of the tasks that need to be undertaken. By hiring the services of a professional moving company, you will have a stress-free move since they will be up to the task. It will also be beneficial to you if the company has a warehouse near the office or apartment that you will be moving to. This is because they will be able to provide you with storage space. A good moving company will also ensure that your valuables remain safe through-out the entire journey.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The best international moving company can be considered as one that will meet your expectations and possibly exceed them. Look for moving companies which provide Dominican Republic International Moving Services and request for quotes. You may then match the cost against your budget and consider the value of the services they cover under the package.
Another factor that you have to consider is if the company is licensed and certified. Check if they possess credentials from the America Moving and Storage Association and the BBB Certification. It is also important to find out if they have insurance and if third parties are covered. The company performance, ratings and success story will also be an indicator of what you may expect from them.
Our Dominican Republic international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We take care of your goods, large or small, and help you pack and unpack them.
- Commercial moving: We are here to help your business set base at the Dominican Republic.
- Office moves: Our staff is here to help you and your team, get back to business at your new office with ease.
- Apartment moves: We know you are looking forward to relax at your new home. Leave all the tedious work to us!
- Planning and preparation: The big move entails a lot and that is why we take you through it all from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: We are familiar with all the rules that pertain to moving to the Dominican Republic and we are here to guide you.
- Housing assistance: We are able to accommodate all your needs related to housing.
- Family services: We are here to help relocating families and cater to your unique needs.
- Auto transport services: Moving your automobile can be safe, reliable and affordable-try us!
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
A-1 Auto Transport Inc is among the best in the moving industry. We have experience of over 20 years. We not only deliver your goods but also offer you with great support. Our professional team is available on a 24/7 basis and you can reach out to us should you need any assistance. So confident are we that you will love our Dominican Republic International Moving Services that we can send a quote to you.
Move with us!
We look forward to hear from you! Please fill-out the form at the top of the page.
Get in touch via 888-509-3213. We are ready to answer any question you have and to provide you with the support you need. Alternatively, use the contact details included here to get in touch.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into the Dominican Republic” page.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into the Dominican Republic” page.