Dominica International Moving Services
International moving is the process where a company or an individual transports their belongings or inventory from one country to another. The need for such international moving services is met by professional firms who have the resources to tackle this type of move with ease. Whether it is auto transport services or good transportation services you seek, an experienced moving company will be up to the task.
Moving to Dominica Cost & Time Examples
|Houston to Roseau||$3,000 - $4,900||$5,400 - $9,000||3-5 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Roseau||$3,000 - $5,000||$5,500 - $9,100||3-5 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Roseau||$3,200 - $5,500||$6,200 - $10,100||3-6 weeks|
|San Jose to Roseau||$3,300 - $5,500||$6,200 - $10,100||3-6 weeks|
|Charlotte to Roseau||$3,300 - $5,500||$6,000 - $10,000||3-5 weeks|
|Atlanta to Portsmouth||$3,300 - $5,600||$6,300 - $10,300||3-5 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Roseau||$3,700 - $6,300||$7,100 - $11,600||3-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Roseau||$3,900 - $6,400||$7,100 - $11,700||3-5 weeks|
|Phoenix to Roseau||$4,000 - $6,700||$7,300 - $12,200||3-6 weeks|
|Denver to Portsmouth||$5,300 - $8,900||$9,600 - $15,900||3-6 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Import duties for household items
According to Dominica’s customs and excise website, if you’ll be attending or teaching at either All Saints University or Ross University – then you can receive duty exemption. New students or professors can bring in household goods, without incurring the typical import duty or value-added tax. However, you’ll still be required to pay excise taxes, an environmental surcharge and the customs service charge.
Time Limit For Import
Customs requires that your belongings arrive no later than six months after you relocate to Dominica (though your shipment can arrive three months prior to your entry as well). However, if you won’t be able to meet this criteria – you may be able to obtain special permission for an extended timetable from the Financial Secretary within the Ministry of Finance (1).
A security deposit is also required, and the unused portion is refundable. The rest will go towards covering the charges and fees that still apply to duty-free shipments (such as the taxes listed above and the cost for the required inspection). Finally, an in-person interview may be necessary in your case.
Import Duties For Other Foreigners
There’s no mention made of duty exemption for other foreigners. Therefore, you should expect to have these levied on your shipment, if you’re not affiliated with the universities mentioned above.
Import paperwork for household items
You’ll need to provide your passport and a declaration which a broker has drafted for you. This declaration should list the goods in your shipment, including the monetary values and quantity of every item. Proof that you’re a student (in the form of a Letter of Acceptance) is also required. If you’re a professor instead, then your Employment Contract will be needed (though a Job Letter is an acceptable substitute) (2).
Import duties for vehicles
It appears that duty can be waived on a vehicle import, if you have the correct permissions and documentation. You’ll need an FTI 101 issued by the Permanent Secretary, the Ministry of Finance, the Cabinet or another applicable government authority. A letter from one of these departments will also meet the requirement for duty exemption on its own – or it may be needed in conjunction with the FTI 101 document. You should submit all documentation to the Fiscal Incentives Department, which will make a decision about your duty exemption request (3).
The Clearance Process
If you don’t qualify for duty relief (though the clearance process seems to be much the same for duty-free shipments), a tariff clerk will process your IM 4 Customs Declaration using ASYCUDA (Automated System for Customs Data). You’ll need to present the invoice (presumably the vehicle purchase invoice, but this could be the invoice for import duties instead). The Original Bill of Lading for the vehicle shipment is also required, along with any other paperwork deemed necessary.
Payment and Release For Entry
After the IM 4 Customs Declaration has been processed and the import duties calculated – you must submit the Assessment Notice to the customs cashier. There you’ll pay the full amount due and be given proof of payment. Next, your vehicle will be inspected by the officer assigned to your case. They will review all of your documentation and look over the vehicle. If cleared for entry, a release order will be issued (4).
Import paperwork for vehicles
Customs will ask for the Original Bill of Lading, along with the Asycuda Bill of Lading (both to be provided by the shipping agent). An Insurance Certificate and purchase receipt (or Bill of Sale) are required as well. The invoice (likely for the import duties due) and confirmation that you’ve paid these charges are also needed. A Certificate of Title for the vehicle is mandatory too. If the vehicle is being shipped from Japan, then a Cancelation Certificate will also be necessary (5).
Though this compact overview of the clearance process for household goods and vehicles is informative – it isn’t comprehensive. Therefore, you ought to discuss your upcoming move with customs, prior to shipping your belongings to Dominica.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Make your international move easier by acting on the following tips:
- Since your goods will be handled frequently, package them well. This will make it easier to handle, store and transport them. There are packaging options such as boxing or crating but you will opt for the one that best suits the nature of your goods.
- Prepare your documents in a timely manner so as to enable easy processing.
- Liaise with the moving company and establish a good relationship. Maintaining good communication with the moving company enables you to clearly state your needs as you move from state-to-state. You will be able to avoid any disappointments as your expectations will be communicated and action taken so as to meet them.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
International moving involves a lot of activities such as packing and unpacking, document preparation, customs clearance, transportation of your valuables and visa applications, just to mention a few. To make this process hassle-free and lessen your burden, it is important to hire the services of a professional moving company.
They will provide you with the much needed support to make your relocation easier. If there are stages of your international move where you may be faced with uncertainty, they will be able to offer you with the necessary guidance.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The number of international moving companies has increased in the recent past. This makes clients spoilt for choice when it comes to finding the best international moving company. When seeking a company that will provide you with the best Dominica international moving services, you have to consider a number of factors. The ratings and testimonials by their clients may indicate the company’s ability to meet and exceed expectations.
Find out if they are licensed to ship to Dominica. You may also request for a quote and determine if the cost matches the benefits you will receive.
Our Dominica international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We ease the burden of moving and help you pack and unpack.
- Commercial moving: Our specialty also includes helping commercial entities move to Dominica.
- Office moves: We move with you and enable you set-up shop in a hassle-free manner.
- Apartment moves: We transport your valuables safely to your new apartment.
- Planning and preparation: We know that preparation is important for you to make a well-planned move and we are here to guide you in every step.
- Visa and immigration services: We are well acquainted with the visa requirements and will guide you on what is required for you to gain entry to Dominica.
- Housing assistance: We have a reliable, professional team that goes out of their way to ensure you receive this service so you can settle in fast.
- Family services: Families feel at home with us as we offer top-notch services to cater to their needs.
- Auto transport services: We are the trusted partner who can safely and reliably transport your valued automobile at an affordable price.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
When conducting your search, are some of your main priorities to have an experienced, reliable and affordable moving company assist you? Look no further! We at A-1 Auto Transport have been in operation for over 20 years. We therefore, guarantee that we will deliver your goods and offer services that surpass your expectations.
Our customers are also confident with their choice and also refer us to other clients seeking moving services. We hope you too will have the same confidence that you have made the right choice. We also provide quotes for free and without any attached obligations. You may request for a quote for the Dominica international moving services.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.
You are welcome to give us a call at 888-509-3213 or write to us using the contact details included here. We will be able to provide more information or clarification on our Dominica international moving services.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇩🇲 Dominica, (DM)
Our Services and Information
🇩🇲 Dominica, (DM)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- 3 Tips For Moving Back To SchoolAcclimating After Moving To Another CountyAdams State University Moving ServicesAfter The Move: Painting Your HomeAlabama Agricultural and Mechanical University Moving ServicesAlabama State University Moving ServicesAlbany State University Moving ServicesAlcorn State University Moving ServicesAppalachian State University Moving ServicesApproximate Moving Cost CalculatorArizona State University Downtown Phoenix Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Polytechnic Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Tempe Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University West Campus Moving ServicesArkansas State University Moving ServicesArkansas Tech University (ATU) Moving ServicesArmstrong State University Moving ServicesAthens State University Moving ServicesAuburn University at Montgomery Moving ServicesAuburn University Moving ServicesAugusta University Moving ServicesBall State University Moving ServicesBari, ItalyBemidji State University Moving ServicesBest Questions To Ask Local Movers
- Moving To AfghanistanMoving To AlbaniaMoving To AlgeriaMoving To AndorraMoving To AngolaMoving To Antigua and BarbudaMoving To ArgentinaMoving To ArmeniaMoving To AustraliaMoving To AustriaMoving To AzerbaijanMoving To BahamasMoving To BahrainMoving To BangladeshMoving To BarbadosMoving To BelarusMoving To BelgiumMoving To BelizeMoving To BeninMoving To BhutanMoving To BoliviaMoving To Bosnia And HerzegovinaMoving To BotswanaMoving To BrazilMoving To Brunei
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September