Djibouti International Moving Services
International moving to a country like Djibouti can be energy sucking. The climatic conditions are very unfavorable throughout the year not to mention just how tricky and expensive it is to move your car. This is why you need assistance from a professional international mover. A-1 Auto Transport is a well-established firm that offers this service to individuals and companies alike.
Moving to Djibouti Cost & Time Examples
|Jacksonville to Djibouti||$3,900- $6,400||$7,300- $12,100||4-8 weeks|
|Detroit to Djibouti||$4,000- $6,700||$7,600- $12,500||4-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Djibouti||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,700||4-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Djibouti||$4,100- $6,800||$7,800- $13,000||5-9 weeks|
|Atlanta to Djibouti||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,700||4-8 weeks|
|San Jose to Djibouti||$4,100- $6,900||$8,000- $13,100||5-9 weeks|
|Portland to Djibouti||$4,400- $7,200||$8,300- $13,600||5-9 weeks|
|Columbus to Djibouti||$4,400- $7,300||$8,200- $13,600||4-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Djibouti||$4,600- $7,600||$8,600- $14,100||4-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Djibouti||$4,600- $7,700||$8,900- $14,500||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
What import duties does Djibouti charge?
If you were hoping to receive duty exemption for your household belongings, then you’ll be disappointed. Even used items have import duty levied upon them, and no exemptions are available. You also have to follow certain regulations, such as bringing your shipment into Djibouti no later than six months after moving there. You aren’t permitted to lend to others, sell or get rid of any belongings while in the country either. Finally, customs mandates that you file all paperwork a minimum of 15 days before your shipment enters port (1).
What documents does Djibouti require?
Your shipment of household goods must be processed by customs, and they’ll need some paperwork to do so. Your passport and visa are required, as well as a full packing list. A separate comprehensive inventory that includes monetary values for all of your items, must also be provided.
If needed in your situation, you must show your Residency Permit and a Letter of Employment (if working for a new company in Djibouti). If you’ll be staying with your current company instead - and are only transferring locations - then a Letter of Transfer must be filed with customs. Finally, documentation showing you’ve been vaccinated for yellow fever is necessary, along with your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill (2).
What import duties does Djibouti charge for your vehicle?
Unfortunately, the reputable sources consulted didn’t have any information available, regarding import duties for your vehicle (3). For this reason, you should contact customs to discuss this issue, and to determine what fees will be levied on your vehicle shipment.
What documents does Djibouti require for your vehicle?
You’ll need to submit your packing list and the Original Bill of Lading for your shipment. A Certificate of Origin is also required, along with a purchase receipt or invoice (that states the price). A letter to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs should also be supplied, and presumably this will either by a copy or on file with that department. The Ministry of Finance also must sign this document (4).
Customs regulations and requirements are subject to change, and the above list of paperwork and fees isn’t comprehensive. To know for sure what you’ll need in order to bring your household goods and vehicle into Djibouti, it’s best to speak with customs directly.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Packing: With the assistance of a professional mover, ensure that all your valuables are reduced to smaller parts, which are easily manageable.
- Prepare all your documents in advance: Moving to Djibouti requires that you have certain documents with you that you will be required to present at the country’s point of entry.
- Hire a moving company: A professional will simplify things for you. Remember they have offered Djibouti International Moving Services for a while and they know every detail.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
You need someone to show you how and where to get the documents that are required. A professional will have the right moving equipment for whatever quantity you are carrying with you. They will also help you get an insurance cover, for you and your valuables. This is to ensure that you are fully covered and therefore do not incur losses in case of an accident. Hiring a professional is a way of transferring risk to someone else.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
A good International moving company should have a valid certificate and permit to operate in the countries under their coverage. A company in this business should have sufficient experience and years of operation. The more the years of operation a company has, the more their experience. As part of their Djibouti International Moving Services, a reputable firm should provide a comprehensive insurance cover that takes care of your goods while in transit.
Our Djibouti International Moving Services
This is what we offer:
- Packing/unpacking: Packing and unpacking is a serious exercise which needs to be done right to avoid breakages and make it easy to pick and deliver items.
- Commercial moving: You have ordered stock for your business from the US or any other country abroad and want them delivered. We will take care of all the logistical challenges to ensure they get to you on time; all at the most affordable rates.
- Office moves: You want to set-up shop in Djibouti and are looking for someone who will take you there and assist you to settle-in. We have the expertise and man-power to make this happen.
- Apartment moves: As tricky as it may be, moving from one apartment to another does not have to bog you down. With us, you can be sure it will get done in the most hassle-free way possible.
- Planning and preparation: We will do the planning for you and assist you prepare to avoid surprises along the way.
- Visa and immigration services: Application for a visa or any other document through the Djibouti Immigration department is something we have done before. We will walk you through the process.
- Housing assistance: When you are at your destination, you need a house to stay and a storehouse to keep your luggage. We will help you get all these and settle without breaking a sweat.
- Family services: Moving a family is tricky especially for first timers. You however, need not worry. A-1 Auto Transport is there to make sure you have everything delivered safely and on timely.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport has been in this kind of business for decades now and therefore has experience in moving whatever item to any part around the globe. We have our presence in nearly all countries of the world, something that enables us to serve you from where you are. Our Djibouti International Moving Services also offer you the utmost convenience, making the move a totally stress-free experience. We have a large data base of satisfied customers who also refer people, seeking to make an international move, to us. You cannot go wrong by partnering with us.
Our well-trained customer care representatives are on stand-by 24 hours a day to respond to any queries you may have. Call us today on 888-509-3213 or contact us here. Also feel free to fill-out the form at the top of this page to enable us serve you better.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Djibouti”page.
Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Djibouti”page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.