Democratic Republic of the Congo International Moving Services
International moving is the process in which companies or individuals transfer their goods overseas. Such a move may be necessitated by changes in the individual’s life or emerging trends in the business world that would push a company to set-up shop overseas. The process is quite involving for an individual to tackle on their own. It is advisable to seek international moving services. Reputable movers like A-1 Auto Transport can handle your requests with ease.
Moving to Republic of the Congo Cost & Time Examples
|Houston to Brazzaville||$4,400- $7,300||$8,100- $13,400||4-7 weeks|
|Charlotte to Brazzaville||$4,800- $8,000||$8,900- $14,500||4-7 weeks|
|Atlanta to Brazzaville||$4,900- $8,100||$9,000- $14,800||4-7 weeks|
|LA to Dolisie||$5,000- $8,300||$9,500- $15,500||5-9 weeks|
|San Jose to Dolisie||$5,100- $8,500||$9,500- $15,700||5-9 weeks|
|Chicago to Brazzaville||$5,400- $8,900||$9,800- $16,100||4-7 weeks|
|Columbus to Dolisie||$5,500- $9,000||$10,000- $16,400||4-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Brazzaville||$5,500- $9,100||$10,100- $16,700||5-9 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Dolisie||$5,700- $9,200||$10,400- $17,000||5-9 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Dolisie||$5,700- $9,400||$10,400- $17,000||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Are duties charged on your household items?
You can often have the typical import duties waived, if you’ve owned and used these goods for at least the previous six months. You also need to have lived outside of the country, for a minimum of 12 months. If you are granted duty exemption on your shipment, you’re not allowed to sell any of these goods while in the Congo. You also need to get your paperwork to the destination agent, a minimum of 15 days before your shipment arrives.
You should also know, additional taxes apply (even for duty-exempt shipments). These include computer tax of 2%, Import Clearance Processing tax of 1% and assurance tax of 0.8% (1).
What paperwork does customs require?
When clearing your shipment at the point or port of entry, customs will request some documentation. You’ll need to show your passport and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. A valid Work Permit from the Ministry of Labor is needed, along with your Work Visa. A comprehensive inventory that includes values is mandatory documentation as well. This should be written in French, and it should bear your signature and the date. Keep in mind that a packing list will also be required.
A Certificate of First Settlement from the Immigration Department must be filed. You’ll also need to submit a Fiche Electronique de Renseignements al I’Importation (or FERI for short) (2).
Are duties charged on your vehicle?
Unfortunately, duty exemption isn’t offered on vehicle imports - so you can expect to pay the full rate. This ranges from around 8% to 46%, and this is charged on the CIF value. Customs will determine the exact rate based upon your vehicle’s characteristics, such as its weight, year of manufacture and engine size (3).
What paperwork does customs require for your vehicle?
Appropriate documentation is needed for customs clearance, starting with your Freight Invoice. The vehicle’s title and registration from the origin country are also required. You also must confirm the purchase, and typically a purchase invoice is sufficient for this purpose. Your Original Bill of Lading, passport and driver’s license should also be provided - along with the receipt of paid taxes and duties (4).
While this is a good general overview of the process, other documents and regulations will pertain to your shipments. Thus, it’s important that you contact customs directly, to learn all of the requirements when moving to the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
To make your international move easier, make good use of the following handy tips:
- Plan and prepare well. Look into all the details related to your move and act on them. Prepare for your move well in advance so as to give you sufficient time to attend to each and every detail.
- Research on the customs regulations and get in touch with the Embassy of the Democratic Republic of Congo so as to get recent policies.
- Package your belongings properly to make it easier for the moving team to store and handle them.
- The company offering you Democratic Republic of the Congo International Moving Services should be reputable. Liase with them to make your move successful.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
When moving to a country you have never visited overseas, you may be overwhelmed by the activities required to make the move successful. You may also be unaware of the shipping regulations and missing out on a single activity may affect your move. Hiring the services of a professional mover gives you peace of mind, knowing that you have an experienced and reliable team handling your move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
To find the mover that will offer you with the best Democratic Republic of the Congo International Moving Services, consider the following factors:
- How long has the company been in operation?
- Do they go out of their way to serve clients?
- Is the moving company licensed to ship to the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)?
- Is the mover well versed with the customs regulations and procedures?
- Will the company provide insurance against any harm or damage that may occur?
- Do the shipping costs seem realistic? Will the services being offered give you value for your money?
Our Democratic Republic of the Congo International Moving Services offers:
- Packing/unpacking: We make the moving out and moving in easier for you.
- Commercial moving: We help commercial businesses to move to the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Office moves: Opening up an office in the Democratic Republic of the Congo can be a smooth process when you choose us.
- Apartment moves: We help you move from one apartment the other with ease, no matter the distance.
- Planning and preparation: We guide you on the steps to take so as to make the move successful, from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: We help you while you are doing your visa application and any other paperwork.
- Housing assistance: We offer you with the best and most affordable housing assistance.
- Family services: Families feel at home with us and enjoy our tailored family services.
- Auto transport services: It would be more convenient for you to use your personal car while in the DRC. We can ship your vehicle to Democratic Republic of the Congo and deliver it to Kinshasa or Lubumbashi.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We are a better company compared to the other movers because we have stood the test of time. We have improved the delivery of our services and the delivery options available over the years that we have been in operation. We also offer free quotes and do not tie you up with any obligations. Moreover, we offer you with the most competitive prices for the top-notch services we offer. We have a large client base which is satisfied with our clients. They are also confident that they made the right choice and refer more people seeking international moving services to us. You, too, will be making the right choice by choosing A-1 Auto Transport to handle your move.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We are just a call away should you want further information on our Democratic Republic of the Congo International Moving Services or to request for a quote. Call us on 888-509-3213. Get moving with us soon!
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Democratic Republic of Congo (Kinshasa)” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇨🇩 Democratic Republic of the Congo, (CD)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
🇨🇩 Democratic Republic of the Congo, (CD)