- Czech Republic International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Czechia?
- Legal Fees
- Visa Fees
- Moving To Czech Republic Cost & Time Examples
- Duties To Import Belongings Into The Czech Republic
- Paperwork To Import Belongings Into The Czech Republic
- Duties To Import Vehicles Into The Czech Republic
- Paperwork To Import Vehicles Into The Czech Republic
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Czech Republic International Moving Services Offers
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get Moving!
- Other Services
- Popular Routes
Czech Republic International Moving Services
International moving is the process in which companies or individuals transfer their goods from one country to another. If you are planning to relocate to the Czech Republic, you may consider seeking International moving services offered by professionals. It is also a good idea to work with a firm that can also offer car shipping services to Czech Republic.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Czechia?
The cost of moving internationally to Czechia can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on various factors such as the move size, total distance, route, transportation method, and current market trends.
Moving to a 1-2 bedroom in Prague costs about $3,900- $6,400. But an apartment of 3-4 bedrooms costs about $8,500- $13,900. The cost is bound to change in other cities in the Czech. Moving companies also consider additional factors like legal fees, driving insurance, visa fee, shipping rates, and storage costs:
In most nations, customs and port costs will be levied. A lot depends on where you're going and what you'll be moving into regarding businesses and port costs. From a few hundred dollars to more than a thousand dollars, port charges can be expected to cost. You'll have to pay for them if you're making a door-to-door move. Even if you're moving to an entirely new country, you'll still have to pay customs tax charges. Therefore, it's always better to consult a specialist about this.
A few things to keep in mind before moving out of the United States include visa fees and legal charges. As a first step, verify with the country's embassy or consulate regarding visa requirements and costs. The cost of a visa depends on the purpose of your move and the final destination
Most people cannot relocate all of their belongings in a single day. Therefore, they need a place to store them. As a result, you should factor in the storage cost when estimating your overall moving expenses. Avoid paying the storage fee before determining whether or not the item is needed. Before hiring a storage unit, perform extensive research to find the cheapest option available from various companies.
Moving to Czech Republic Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Prague||$3,900- $6,300||$7,100- $11,700||3-6 weeks|
|Miami to Prague||$3,900- $6,300||$7,100- $11,600||3-6 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Prague||$3,900- $6,400||$7,200- $11,800||3-6 weeks|
|Detroit to Prague||$4,200- $7,100||$7,700- $12,800||3-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Prague||$4,200- $7,200||$8,000- $13,000||3-6 weeks|
|San Jose to Prague||$4,500- $7,400||$8,500- $13,900||5-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Brno||$4,900- $8,100||$8,900- $14,600||3-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Brno||$5,100- $8,500||$9,400- $15,500||5-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Prague||$5,100- $8,600||$9,600- $15,800||5-8 weeks|
|Denver to Brno||$6,500- $10,900||$12,100- $19,800||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties to import belongings into the Czech Republic
You are able to obtain duty exemption, if you fulfill certain requirements imposed by customs. First, you’ll need to have lived outside of the Czech Republic, for a minimum of the last year. Second, you must have owned and used these belongings for at least six months. Third, you aren’t permitted to sell them while in the country.
Fourth, you have one year after receiving your visa to import your goods. Fifth, you must register with and be accredited by the authorities in the local municipality where you’ll be living within the country (or work for a foreign embassy). Finally, the company you work for must be fully licensed to operate in the Czech Republic (1).
Paperwork to import belongings into the Czech Republic
A valid lease or purchase agreement is required, otherwise your shipment can’t be processed by customs. You can, however, take up to six months to submit your Residence Permit to customs after you enter the country (2). Customs will also need to see your Letter of Employment and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. Your passport, a packing list and a separate inventory are also required (3).
Duties to import vehicles into the Czech Republic
One trustworthy source states that import tax will be waived, if the criteria are met. Much more straightforward than the requirements for duty exemption on your household goods, you must have lived outside the Czech Republic for the last year. You also must have purchased your vehicle a minimum of six months ago (and used it during that time) (4).
Another source disagrees, not mentioning duty exemption - but saying that temporary importation allows you to avoid paying duty. If you decide to go this route, once your work contract expires, you’ll be required to take the vehicle back out of the country (5). If you aren’t eligible for exemption and don’t wish to import your vehicle on a temporary basis - then the typical import tax is CZK 10,000 (6).
Paperwork to import vehicles into the Czech Republic
Customs will request your long-term visa, passport and Work Permit. The vehicle’s title and documents related to the vehicle’s purchase are also required. Your lease or purchase agreement is also needed, to prove residency within the Czech Republic. Finally, a personal declaration or one made by your employer must be submitted to customs (7).
More documents and rules apply to your household items and vehicle shipments. Therefore, it’s critical that you talk to customs before moving, to ensure that you follow all of their requirements.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Moving overseas is a big task that involves a lot of preparation, packing and unpacking as well as document preparation and processing. There are also big and small details which need to be considered top priority. To make your international move easier:
- Be well prepared. Plan for your move even up-to 6 months in advance.
- Since the goods will be handled frequently throughout the journey, package them in a secure way that eases their movement and storage.
- Liaise with the moving company that you hire and make your order details known so that they may work to meet your expectations.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
When moving to unfamiliar territory, having a trusted guide offers you the much needed confidence and peace of mind. While you can make the move on your own, it may overwhelm you since there are many details to be remembered and acted upon. Having an experienced team handle your move will make it possible for you to have a stress-free relocation.
How to find the best international moving company
You may have realized that many moving companies market themselves as the best in the field. So, how do you narrow down on the available options to select the company which will offer you the best Czech Republic International Moving Services? Consider the following factors to guide you as you make your final selection:
- Does the company possess the required credentials, legal requirements and certifications to ship to Czech Republic?
- What is the company’s rating?
- Are the personnel familiar with the rules governing shipping and are they able to advise you accordingly?
- Is the company insured and does this insurance cover extend to third parties?
- Is the shipping cost reasonable and will you get benefits from the package availed?
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Czech Republic International Moving Services offers:
- Packing/unpacking: We understand you need enough energy for your journey and that is why we do all the hard work.
- Commercial moving: No business is too big or too small for us to help move to Czech Republic.
- Office moves: Ship with us and you are guaranteed to open shop at your new destination as soon as possible.
- Apartment moves: Moving to your new apartment does not have to be hard. Rest assured we will safely transport your household goods.
- Planning and preparation: We know an international move requires good planning and preparation and we assist you, from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: We walk you through the application process and assist you to understand the visa requirements as well as the Schengen visas.
- Housing assistance: We are here to offer you the best housing assistance to make your move stress-free.
- Family services: Families feel at home with us and enjoy our custom-made family services.
- Auto transport services: Shipping your automobile to the Czech Republic need not be a complex process that makes you anxious. We are here to guide you.
- Czech republic container shipping
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Still wondering why you should select us over the many moving companies available? We are one of the biggest and experienced moving companies around. We not only deliver your goods but also offer exemplary service and support to our clients; all this at a most affordable rate.
You can request for a quote from us after indicating the Czech Republic International Moving Services you seek. We have a great success story; a good client-base that is satisfied with our services and who refer our services to more clients. We hope that you will opt to partner with us and have an experience that will cause you to refer us to your family and friends
We look forward to help you get moving. In case you have questions about our Czech Republic International Moving Services or if you would like to request for a quote, do not hesitate to give us a call on 888-241-3110. You can also use our contact details to reach out to us. We request you to fill-out the form at the top of the page so we can have a better understanding of what you require from us.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into the Czech Republic” page.
(5) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into the Czech Republic” page.